Spotter Bottles

EDS

Name
Ed
Ok looking at other revenue streams and spotter bottles crossed my mind. Some Questions for those of you who sell them:

What size of bottles do you use?

How much do you charge per bottle?

What product do you use? (encap/ avenge???)

Show me your label...

Cheers,

Ed

EDS

Name
Ed
It is so disappointing to go to a customers house and see Natures Miracle or Spot Shot or some other OTC product which has ruined their carpet or done very little to remove the staining substance. I was thinking of selling 16oz bottles for $15 CAN.

EDS

Name
Ed
$28 a bottle, but not to customers. It's free to them. New move ins get a free sample through Welcome Wagon. When they want more, they pay. Or have some work done.
What type of solution do you use? A neutral Ph spotter or uncap juice or something else?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't have an issue selling them. I think we around 3k from the office a year.

We tried from the truck several times and just never sold many. We ruined more product labels carrying it on the truck waiting for the sale.

We sell 32oz bottles for $15.00

I don't think it would be a money maker. At best we sold 10-12 a year off the truck. You'll be lucky to cover startup costs.

Give away small bottles as a sample with a flyer. Then have them call you for quarts. You can drop off when near or usps and charge for shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EDS and Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Check out soapfreeprocyon.com they have a private label program that is cost efficient. I am thinking of doing that myself. Free over certain size job $15 for others

Reactions: Desk Jockey

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
make sure you spell your company and phone number correctly....
and you may as well put your attorneys number on the bottle
cuz you KNOW sooner or later someones little Billy will get under the sink and drink one......
harmful or not your custy will FREEEEEK!
did ya put child proof caps on?

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
make sure you spell your company and phone number correctly....
and you may as well put your attorneys number on the bottle
cuz you KNOW sooner or later someones little Billy will get under the sink and drink one......
harmful or not your custy will FREEEEEK!
did ya put child proof caps on?
It's no different than any other cleaning product they buy. It has the manufacturers info on it. Much safer product than any other over the counter cleaner.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Since it was YOU that brought it into their home ....you would be the much easier target ...don't forget the trip and falls over the hoses or a little water you may have spillt on the tile floor....
How many times have we all seen the custy hop across on a wet carpet
Only to land ass over teacup on the kitchen tile.....OHH HOW I HATED THAT ONE....

EDS

Name
Ed
Depends on the size of your order but last time I looked it's under $4
Doing it myself the CPU worked out to be under $2.50 for 16oz bottle filled with Avenge. Even cheaper if I went for encap solution. However, tacky label problem not solved. Base upon 200 units made.

Name
Nate W.
Don't forget the butcher paper...... Them lil ol black ladies love that.... Dafaq puts paper on damp carpet?:stir:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Don't forget the butcher paper...... Them lil ol black ladies love that.... Dafaq puts paper on damp carpet?:stir:

NATE...it ain't butcher paper....
it's poly coated body shop masking paper....
yous cheap basturds wouldn't know about such things

OHH they loved me....CRASH sez they still ask for it....!

Reactions: Nate The Great

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We sell 320z bottles of Unbelievable Pro (Core Products) for $15.00 per bottle. I think that is the same thing @Desk Jockey sells. People rave about this stuff. We even sell it by the gallon for those that have pets/kids and go through a lot of it.

We give out the Jon Don Spotters to the carpet retailers that are enrolled in the My Flooring Warranty program. They give them out at the time of purchase.

Reactions: Desk Jockey and EDS

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Adds a decent amount to our bottom line:

Here are the sales from 2016
upload_2017-2-13_9-8-17.png

upload_2017-2-13_9-8-57.png

upload_2017-2-13_9-9-32.png

We don't do the custom labels, but they do have a program where you can do that. We put a sticker on the back with our instructions and phone number.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Adds a decent amount to our bottom line:

Here are the sales from 2016
View attachment 69814
View attachment 69815
View attachment 69816

We don't do the custom labels, but they do have a program where you can do that. We put a sticker on the back with our instructions and phone number.
That's a pretty nice add on Meg. Do you mind if I ask what your cost per unit is? The Procyon that I am considering starts at $3.25 with private label according to their ad.

Name
Nate W.
NATE...it ain't butcher paper....
it's poly coated body shop masking paper....
yous cheap basturds wouldn't know about such things

OHH they loved me....CRASH sez they still ask for it....!

Did you also do body work add-on's when you finished cleaning too?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
By selling a product. ..
Aren't you locking yorsef into a tax collection process that pretty much hardwires you into the system. ..?

EDS

Name
Ed
I hard wired into the system already. Only certainty left is death...

Name
Nate W.
What he's trying to say is, he did a cash biz in the ghetto didn't pay taxes, living the American dream, then gets the free house and shizz..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We sell 320z bottles of Unbelievable Pro (Core Products) for $15.00 per bottle. I think that is the same thing @Desk Jockey sells. People rave about this stuff. We even sell it by the gallon for those that have pets/kids and go through a lot of it.

We give out the Jon Don Spotters to the carpet retailers that are enrolled in the My Flooring Warranty program. They give them out at the time of purchase.
Yes same product, same retail price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom