square scrub

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
will it really dry strip finish??

I have 400sf of VCT to strip and finish
i hate VCT, but it's part of a package resto/rehab job

if i don't have to monkey with stripper and wet slurry, I'll rent a square scrub .

Build up is heavy

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes it works great Larry. A little noisy and there is some concern about dust control. You don't want to breathe in all those wax dust particles. Pretty amazing with the 3-M spp pads.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Larry,

I'd like to know how well it works out also. We do jobs that size quite often, with very light wax. Could ya give a good overview with operation, and length of time? Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry,

I'd like to know how well it works out also. We do jobs that size quite often, with very light wax. Could ya give a good overview with operation, and length of time? Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks

I was going to rent one...but not sure now after hearing from two (Randy and Lockhart) that it's not so great on trashed VCT..
i was hoping to avoid the gooey slurry mess...dammit

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Bucey

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Works well for a few coats of finish. But don't expect to get through a dozen layers+ of build up in the corners and along the edges.

Reactions: Mikey P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was going to rent one...but not sure now after hearing from two (Randy and Lockhart) that it's not so great on trashed VCT..
i was hoping to avoid the gooey slurry mess...dammit
Rent it try it for yourself. What's the worst that can happen...oh yea you might shoot me. Ok scrub it! :biggrin:

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
oh u can use it to wet scrub with also
we have a propane stripper we use most of the time
but square scrub comes in very handy also and does a good job but
trashed it will have to be wet stripped

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rent it try it for yourself. What's the worst that can happen...oh yea you might shoot me

sleep with one eye open, Chavez :icon_twisted:

gave it a try.....not good enough for this floor .
i can see how it would be great for decent floors
But too much build up (many multiple layers with dirt sandwiched between each layer) ..in typical gov employee janitor fashion...

I'll be making a mess tomorrow .
Did i mention I HATE VCT?
even at a buck-o-ft (what I bid it at) I'll still hate it

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
it takes too long and is way, way to messy. Easier ways to make a buck.

We thought we would offer it since we are asked about it often.Bought the square scrub, two burnishers, three scrubbers. Its all sitting where it does us the most good. The corner collecting dust! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Nate W.
it takes too long and is way, way to messy. Easier ways to make a buck.

We thought we would offer it since we are asked about it often.Bought the square scrub, two burnishers, three scrubbers. Its all sitting where it does us the most good. The cirner collecting dust!
:cool:

That's because you guys been Americanized......... Get some distant relatives and it'll be out making money all-D-time........:lol:

I've never done strip and wax, I view it as as punishment.... Both my parents did it rarely and it was too hard to compete with Alejandro and Pedro for peanuts..... I've seen as low as .20 cents..... Dafaq?!?!? Maybe if you've got some big SF jobs then maybe.... A lot easier ways to make a buck.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree the guys that do floors here have the big time equipment. However they also work so cheap I wouldn't run a truck out for what they are willing to work for. :errf:

Reactions: Jimmy L

Willy P

Name
Willy P
$14 an hour? Must be charging SFA , I did one job recently that I dropped to .75 a sf. And I regret that.Cheap ass employers. I wouldn't get out of bed for that chump change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom