SS 370

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Anyone running a sapphire 370? if so how's it performing?...i'm torn between 370 or prochem blazer
any thoughts?

Richard,
I have the 370 and even with the issues(bought VERY early on) I've had, it was a very good decision. It's plenty of machine and going from a portable to this thing is nuts! I'm very thankful I didn't settle for a lesser machine, you will be also. I think the blazer is more of a starter unit, the 370(to me) is more of a mid range machine.

At the same time my unit was 16,400, now they are 18500! For another 1-2k or so you could get a water cooled prochem peak. Something I will think strong about.

The good - pretty much all of the issues we had have been engineered out of the unit. It's very different then mine now.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
For another 3-4k you could have a SS570 like Jim Martin and now Lefty.
Amortized over the life of the machine and your not paying much more for your money maker.

Reactions: Lefty724

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I can't wait to run my peak and see what all the hoopla is about this socalled most dependable tm is all about.

I have had three shops tell me that the peak is bullet proof. I hope it is not running underpowered and is strong as I want the guys to have confidence in it when they go out and have to use a van instead of the big trucks.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Run 2.5 hose I doubt they will complain at all.. It is the most reliable not the most powerful, but it can hold its own. It is very simple also, compared to the Apex(the next step up).

I have worked on a bunch of different truck mounts from all different manufacturers this winter, and I stand by the Peak as the most trouble free.. I would air out all my thoughts on the rest I've worked on, but don't want to hurt anyone's feelers..

Reactions: Ray Burnfield

Lefty724

Name
E
For another 3-4k you could have a SS570 like Jim Martin and now Lefty.
Amortized over the life of the machine and your not paying much more for your money maker.

Thanks Ray! I love this machine!

I originally wanted the Rage, then the 370ss and finally decided on the 570ss mainly because of the water cooled Kubota engine. I researched and learned that they are pretty much bullet proof.

Only problem is me wondering why I didn't do this sooner?!

Thanks again for all your guys help!

Last edited:

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
I think that instead of diving in the deep end, the waters were tested first.
If you can make money in your business you should invest in it.
We've sold TM's that never get used. They buy it thinking it's going to make them a whole bunch of money. It doesn't and they don't and they go out of business.
Lefty 724 you've earned it.
Thanks for your business!

Lefty724

Name
E
So why didn't you?...lol

seriously, how has going from an ETM to a full size unit like the 570 changed your procedures

and your life?

Was always scared to "invest" in my business and thought I could get by with smaller, used equipment?

Going to a 570ss from my ETM/16-33 has been nothing short of life changing! Really.... This is a whole different level of clean!

Procedures are the same, just way faster and easier.

Last edited:

Lefty724

Name
E
and have any repeat clients said anything?

Cleaner, faster, noisier, less greener, drier?

Did you raise your rates?

Repeat clients don't really notice a change other than I'm a lot faster. I do mostly apartments, rentals, vacation homes, etc...I have a few residential customers that are repeats, but I'm now ready (and equipped) to make the change and take on more residential work.

Carpet is way cleaner now, I'm twice as fast, and the 570ss is actually quieter than my 16/33 and ETM (generator) were.

By being fully self contained (soft water) and pulling up in a Powerstroke diesel van, I'm still semi green....

With the 570ss, I'm literally getting VLM dry times. Carpet is dry in 2 hours. I love it!

Yes, prices have gone up. My minimum charge has gone up, and I have now changed to sq ft pricing vs room pricing. I still offer room pricing to my loyal customers, friends, and family. I'm just a lot more efficient now lol.

I think the biggest game changer for me has been the confidence factor. Everything is just plain easier with this machine? More heat, flow, and vacuum = more $$ per/hr....

Last edited:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Are there any routine maintenance items with SS heat exchangers? Looks to me like other than possible lube and occasional de-lime its maintenance free. The thing I wouldn't like about Prochems is having to take out and clean the tube and fin exchangers.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Repeat clients don't really notice a change other than I'm a lot faster. I do mostly apartments, rentals, vacation homes, etc...I have a few residential customers that are repeats, but I'm now ready (and equipped) to make the change and take on more residential work.

Carpet is way cleaner now, I'm twice as fast, and the 570ss is actually quieter than my 16/33 and ETM (generator) were.

By being fully self contained (soft water) and pulling up in a Powerstroke diesel van, I'm still semi green....

With the 570ss, I'm literally getting VLM dry times. Carpet is dry in 2 hours. I love it!

Yes, prices have gone up. My minimum charge has gone up, and I have now changed to sq ft pricing vs room pricing. I still offer room pricing to my loyal customers, friends, and family. I'm just a lot more efficient now lol.

I think the biggest game changer for me has been the confidence factor. Everything is just plain easier with this machine? More heat, flow, and vacuum = more $$ per/hr....

hook a Hoss up to that thing and put a high flow kit on it because the 570 can handle it easy...I promise you....they will notice then....so will you when you are knocking out the apartments, rentals, vacation homes............

Reactions: Mikey P

Lefty724

Name
E
hook a Hoss up to that thing and put a high flow kit on it because the 570 can handle it easy...I promise you....they will notice then....so will you when you are knocking out the apartments, rentals, vacation homes............

Thanks Jim, I just sold my RV360i and plan on either buying the Hoss or Trex soon! Can't wait!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
anybody using 2.5 hose?..

I carry 50 feet...I have it in 2....25 foot sections...and only pull off what I need...

there is 150 of 2 inch and 50 of 2.5..........

P9290960_zpscae6a213.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Now that I think about it I believe you have answered that question before. I have seen a Prochem tube and fin type become so caked and sooted up from exhaust that it wasn't near as efficient. The SS looks like it would be maintenance free.

Mikey P

Administrator
I carry 50 feet...I have it in 2....25 foot sections...and only pull off what I need...

there is 150 of 2 inch and 50 of 2.5..........

P9290960_zpscae6a213.jpg

can you go shoot a video and show us where you put your runners, rags, tool box, corner guards, uph tools, rakes, hard surface tools and stuff, fans, chemicals, Sealer sprayer,booties,GLS or 175 and and all the rest of the shit us nerds need?

All I see are hoses and the hoss and WP

not even a damn cone.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
can you go shoot a video and show us where you put your runners, rags, tool box, corner guards, uph tools, rakes, hard surface tools and stuff, fans, chemicals, Sealer sprayer,booties,GLS or 175 and and all the rest of the shit us nerds need?

All I see are hoses and the hoss and WP

not even a damn cone.

P9160076_zps56649c53.jpg

tarp is up top far right....(or inside)....
rags on shelf under where tarp is...
tool box is plastic bin 2nd shelf from top on the left..(or outside)....
corner guards hang inside back door drivers side....
stair tool is above tile turbo on left wall behind the 2 hose reels...
uph bag hangs on back of shelf...
fans are under shelf ....
chemicals are on bottom shelf ...
booties 2nd shelf..plastic bin left side....
tile sealer and carpet protector..far side of fans under shelf....
rake hangs on top...
tile broom and brush on the left behind reels....
UPH stand behind vacuum reel...( slides right out)...
Rapid seal pro sits next to waste tank by APO...
Vacuum sits where that bag is and bag sits in front of it....
I have no need for a 175....
client spotter bottles..very top shelf...
spotter bottles....top shelf..
blue blocks middle shelf....
small misc items..1st and 2nd shelf..plastic bin...
cones sit between the machine and the shelf towards the waste tank...
facing the back of the van..left side of shelf hangs extra UPH tool and hand held tile tool...
probably forgetting a few things but that is the most of it....
I have everything I need in that van...there is nothing out there that I can not take care of....
it is the perfect...most efficient set up I have ever done....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom