SS 370

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
The shaft on the diverter should be lubed monthly. I believe with Lithium grease.
You do need to descale the HX occasionally on the SS370 and SS570. 1st thing you do when the heat starts spiking.

Reactions: Able 1 and jcooper

Able 1

Name
Keith
Now that I think about it I believe you have answered that question before. I have seen a Prochem tube and fin type become so caked and sooted up from exhaust that it wasn't near as efficient. The SS looks like it would be maintenance free.
I would say on a Prochem Peak you should clean them out every 2 years. It seems the smaller engines create more carbon. If a guy sprays wd-40(for whatever dumb ass reason) I would say every 6 months..

On an Apex I would say every 3-4 years. ..

I am not sold on Saphire's heat exchanger(as far as the couple I worked on).. I have had people with complaints about controlling the heat.. When it gets too hot it pissed all over the customers driveway. Here in the north that would be frowned upon in the winter. They might have fixed this by now, but not sure.. I like their idea, but I think it needs some work(probably already taken care of)..

Able 1

Name
Keith
What did they do to fix it? Not sure why we weren't notified..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most were just a simple adjustment...mine needed a vent........but mine is the older style.....

Able 1

Name
Keith
An adjustment of what? If they messed up why not let suppliers know, so we can fix it? It will be a hard run for them if this continues..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most the time it is just an adjustment on the pressure in let valve...or the radiator cap went bad...

on mine I have the older style with the dial thermostat...

mine would get so hot that it would steam inside the box and the pressure valve can not tell the difference between steam and water...so it thought it was fine and was not opening up to allow the water in...so a vent was put on the back of it to allow the heat to escape and the thing has ran perfect..actually more then perfect ever since........

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Jim I didn't see a lot of chemicals in your van. Can you list what you carry? I seem to have so much on the vans and would like to narrow it down but not sure what to take out. Seems we need it all but maybe not.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
redline...pre spray..
flex pre spray..
urine stain remover
proteine stain remover
( mix those 2 together 50/50 and you made stain magic )
cobbs citric
cobbs stain solve
red stain remover
ammonia
30 and 40 volume peroxide
super soap...
rust remover
all solve..(gel)

probably forgetting something..

Reactions: Art Kelley

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
my friend has the 454 and it scaled up so bad he had to use muratic acid to get it working. Don't know if his hx is different than the others. He had been using vinegar monthly but clearly didn't work. The symptoms were that pressure would show at the gauge but drop to almost nothing when he pulled the trigger.
Personally I'll have a water softener on mine or maybe ro haven't decided yet.
Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom