Standard issue butlers

Name
Scott Turknett
I hated that the factory was the only place to go for support because they close at 1pm my time. Zero support after hours. As opposed to my hydramaster cds where the factory mechanic gave me his personal cell number plus local support 20 minutes away. If that wasn’t enough my hydramaster has three times the tool and product storage space my butler had. And my cds has more freshwater storage and carries 100’ more vacuum hose. And...
Can a disgruntled Butler owner please stand up?

I’ll wait...

:headbang:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
She finally made it last night....

Starting the electronics and wheels install today...

Goes to Wrap next week...

This unit was a tough one to get here

First transport company dropped the ball..

Second person who is one of their best....blew a couple transmissions trying to get it out of MA...

Blew a couple new tires on the way here (manufacture defective)

We are almost starting to wonder if it didn't get a "Christine" :eekk: :lol:

Hope she loves me!

2017-09-21 21.09.22.jpg

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Been thinking about retiring my 14 year old White Magic Commander in another year or two. I always see Butler ads for $799 a month lease but how about financing? I don't like a fleece. Just sounds like a bad deal to me. Will they finance for 72 months?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Will they finance for 72 months?

I’m almost certain that the Bancorp offers a 72 month term on a new Butler.

They also have “Factory reconditioned” units that don’t come with the 10 year warranty but I’ve been told they are essentially new. The van would be a year old with less than 15K miles.

It’s another option for someone trying to avoid higher debt.

I don’t remember exactly what the savings were but it was worth considering. Daryl is my rep and he did a good job discussing my options.

I ended up going a more frugal route.

285402F2-984C-4EF5-B146-2CDB5D4E35C1.jpeg

These wheels were ordered today:

EC448FDD-FA55-4B69-9C4E-C9F606DF139F.png

Name
Scott Turknett
:clap:

THAT is about as disgruntled as they get.

I’m sure Butler can take the rage in stride.
I could go on about the $3100 markup on a $1900 part, how every order I put in arrived with something back ordered with no notice, how shipping a $20 part the size of a quarter still cost $60,..... but let’s just say I’m not a fan.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
I could go on about the $3100 markup on a $1900 part, how every order I put in arrived with something back ordered with no notice, how shipping a $20 part the size of a quarter still cost $60,..... but let’s just say I’m not a fan.

I feel your pain on shipping also...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Would you go on about that part that had a $3100 mark up?

My rebuild CAT pump was $1700 ish BEFORE the core charge was credited back to me.

It wasn’t the cheapest way for me to attack my repair, but they made it easy enough for a joker like me to do it. That’s pretty valuable to me.

I replaced many parts on my “new” ’02 and haven’t found the pricing to be crazy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They ship fast and the prices are not out of line. The weak link in the Butler system isn't even their fault, its the Chevy powerplant.

I thought we were looking at a whole new motor a couple of years ago. Had it towed and the mechanic said t didn't look good, no compression. I got lucky it was only a $1,200.00 repair and she has been working like a top since.

That's one way to make a person happy to spend $1,200.00. I was thrilled it wasn't a motor and $1,200.00 seemed cheap at that moment. lol

Reactions: Russ T.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I’m almost certain that the Bancorp offers a 72 month term on a new Butler.

They also have “Factory reconditioned” units that don’t come with the 10 year warranty but I’ve been told they are essentially new. The van would be a year old with less than 15K miles.

It’s another option for someone trying to avoid higher debt.

I don’t remember exactly what the savings were but it was worth considering. Daryl is my rep and he did a good job discussing my options.

I ended up going a more frugal route.

View attachment 74524

These wheels were ordered today:

View attachment 74525

That's a nice looking van. Thanks for the info. Looks like they have some reconditioned vans on their website. I try to live as debt free as possible. Been down that road too many times.

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Scott Turknett
My vacuum blower went bad and I called butler. They said $5k for the new blower plus shipping for the “updated” blower. I called tuthil and asked if they had anything and they said $1900 for the “updated” blower delivered. Big difference! I get it and it didn’t fit my old belt tensioner so I called butler and asked for the “updated” blower tensioner and they say sure, $5k plus shipping, it comes with the blower. I said F off and spent an hour modifying the old tensioner to fit perfectly.

I am more than a little biased against them since that.

Would you go on about that part that had a $3100 mark up?

My rebuild CAT pump was $1700 ish BEFORE the core charge was credited back to me.

It wasn’t the cheapest way for me to attack my repair, but they made it easy enough for a joker like me to do it. That’s pretty valuable to me.

I replaced many parts on my “new” ’02 and haven’t found the pricing to be crazy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My vacuum blower went bad and I called butler. They said $5k for the new blower plus shipping for the “updated” blower. I called tuthil and asked if they had anything and they said $1900 for the “updated” blower delivered. Big difference! I get it and it didn’t fit my old belt tensioner so I called butler and asked for the “updated” blower tensioner and they say sure, $5k plus shipping, it comes with the blower. I said F off and spent an hour modifying the old tensioner to fit perfectly.

I am more than a little biased against them since that.
Their blower is proprietary you can't just buy one off the shelf, as you found out. Not uncommon with most manufacturers.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Within the 10 year warranty the bad blower would have been covered. So it was over 10 years old or you didn't do the maintenance on the blower. Find a used one or pay Butler for a new one. Backward compatible to the first year they built their system with parts in stock. Very rare to find a Butler owner that isn't happy.

Reactions: hogjowl

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I really don’t know. I’ve not had any major problems. Plus, Mike at TCS is pretty good about being reasonable.

But I wouldn’t want to keep a direct drive for much over 5 years anyway. If I were going to keep a unit for 15 years I’d put a Prochem in a Transit.
I don't know if a transit is trustworthy to be reliable for 15years. Those things aren't even 10years old yet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom