SteamWay International has shut it's doors.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, the long standing manufacturer of the world's hottest truck mounts have fallen victim to todays lovely economy.
They will keep their chemical division open but no more truck mounts.

I hope someone sees the opportunity in after market parts, especially for the heating system and runs with it.

I am still going to buy the used 2100 I had dropped in my lap but I'm not quite as thrilled about it.

I hear another mid sized TM company may follow the same sad path soon as well.

Bummer :cry:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Good that Mikey got the RIGHT information. I have heard lots of sad and unfounded rumors coming out of California today.

There are lots of things going on in the background and I do believe the hottest machines on the planet will be being built again in one form or another very soon.

Steam Way Chemicals will continue. As for parts yes they will be available. I will be getting a list of vendors to buy direct from so if you have a Steam Way rest assured those of us in the Steam Way Family WILL take care of you.

Again don't believe anything you hear unless you hear it from someone at Steam Way (Shawn or Mark) as there has been some really ugly rumors flying around and no matter who you are it is never a good thing when people are put out of work.

Name
BradFenstermaker
John be sure and get the burner coil manufacture's info.

Everything else should be easy to find.

THanks

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Interesting...

I've designed an oil- fired system for a customer and plan to add a version of it to our line of truck mounts. (The one the customer wants is belt- driven. The production systems will be direct- coupled, since it has become our standard.) They can be up to 400,000 BTU's, which is more than enough to run 2 wands simultaneously, atin excess of 250 degrees, measured at the wand.

Looking at one of them, you'd have to look closely to see the difference between one of them and one of our propane systems, since the only "real" difference is the burner.

Systems which are oil- fired are designated with "K" (for "Kero") at the end of the name, such as: "Predator Unleashed- K".

I will have one to show in just over a week.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
So what did they do with that deisel tm they had on display a while back?
Didn't know a thing about the performance aspects but it did look cool as can be!
Patrick

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I spoke with Shawn B. of SteamWay Intl. He plans on making the local Denver SteamWay store a focal source for parts and tech support for the established base of SteamWay owners. He will have at his disposal the existing factory product inventory and purchasing information to see that all the existing owners are well served.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
What am I going to do when I need a new Powermatic?

Sounds like you might be hesitating about buying that Powermatic Mike. Are you sure you want it now?

Soon the value of the Powermatic will soar since you can't get them anymore. They will be like gold.

Those who have them will really be elite now, eh? :)

Loren

P.S. I love my Powermatic!

C

cory kenyon

Man that sucks they're not going to be building tms. You hate to see anyone go under.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
steam way international

That was NOT the news I wanted to hear!! I got a call today from the mechanic servicing my old Steam Way 1150 with the total for repairs and now they've gone under to boot. I am really bummed... :(

and broke..

DavidVB

I bought my first TM, a Powermatic, in 1993. I wanted to see who I was dealing with so my Dad and I drove out to Denver for factory installation. We had 3 wonderful days as guests of Ralph Bloss. Ralph and my Dad were the same age and I just enjoyed sitting and listening to their stories.

Ralph was a grand old gentleman and its sad to see what he worked so hard to build go under.

R

R W

I think the sale of Steamway a few years back, and out of family control, was the downfall. I think I'll keep my 1995 Steamway Powermatic now....2300 hours and a good standby.

I think most of the parts can be had by visiting industrial supply houses.

The Preacher

i had the privilege to spend a week at SW back in 1998 and see Ralph do his thing. by far the most sincere gentleman i've ever met. i also had dinner with him at the last ISCT convention in Clearwater!!!

Scott

As a long-time Steam Way user, it's a sad day here indeed. We've owned several SW units over the years and yes a couple of them were quirky until we got the bugs worked out, but their machines have made us a lot of money over the years and ultimately turned out to be rock solid - especially the Legacy units.

Ralph Bloss was the ultimate gentleman, a great businessman, and one of the hardest workers I knew. His idea of a "half day" was 6 AM to 6 PM. It's a shame to see his vision come to an end.

Scott

Neva

Not great news here either. I couldn't believe it. It's so nice to hear those thing about Ralph Bloss, he sure was a great role model to others. I sure miss him a lot!! We need more people like him in this world.

I never thought I would see the day where you wouldn't be able to buy a powermatic anymore. Now I wonder when one door closes another one opens...

It'll be interesting to see how the other companies do in this economy. With the rising costs of oil and energy. I firmly believe oil and energy prices are affecting every single person here. What's going to give? Are we going back to the horse n buggy days?

So not great news about Steamway...I had thought they were better than ever. As there previous slogan stated. Well I hope we have some new inventors out there and I hope they are hard at work. Gonna need some solutions to our problems and support to go along with them.

I'm at a loss right now of what to say. Other than do what you can do to survive. Just keep moving forward...when one door closes another one opens....so I hope and pray.
----->--{@

harryhides

Name
Tony
The Bloss family was the heart and soul of that Company and it's greatest strength was personal relationships. Take that away and anything could happen.

I see more than a few similarities to Ralph's style in Nick of Don Jon's.

The Preacher

i agree with Toeknee on Nick P!!! he's even nice to people he doesn't like!

get him to tell you the time he had to introduce Jeff Bishop!!! :shock:

John Watson

I began my cleaning career on a Steam Way Power Matic 1150A in 1980, flew down to meet Ralph and Henry in 81 when we got our 2nd TM.

It is a sad day when a long staying company like Steam Way shuts their doors. This company had a simple beginning here in the Northwest and has been a great leader in our industry. Most of the older instructors taught at SW sponsored schools, Ralph brought the first IICRC class to Alaska, a water damage class taught by Jeff Bishop in 85 or 86.

My best to Shawn B. and the others.

R

R W

I wonder if they will continue selling the units (HX) that Powerclean builds for them??

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Blueline bought Vortex. Maybe they will buy the Powermatic? There is simply nothing like it.

I received a call last night. A fellow who used to live in Los Gatos, CA and owned a business there using a Powermatic, sold out and moved out east. After several years, he has decided to get back into cleaning. He had a Powermatic ordered and now can't get it. He received his deposit back, and may now get a Masterblend El Diablo, but he is sick about it.

And what about the fate of the Hydrokinetic upholstery tool? If that is not longer, Ouch! Even the Steam Way wand.

Name
Evets
Since the value has obviously dropped tremendously, I would be willing to generously offer half your original investment for the machine.

Just think about it.
You don't have to answer today..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom