SteamWay International has shut it's doors.

T

The Magician

Mikey before you sell the wand and uph tool hook them up to your machine and test them. Many people here would look forward to your testing them on the Vortex.

Neva

That's a good question Loren! I wonder if Blueline will pick up the powermatic? Hands down I firmly believe the Powermatic gets hot!
The PM all these years has made us money...over and over and over. It is a shame to see it go away. Mebbie someone will pick it up and do something with it?
And yes I was at a loss of words when I found out about SW not making machines anymore...:(. I've been with SW since 1990. Things change but we go on.
I am right there alongside Loren.

R

R W

Do you think it was sold because of quality problems, or the dual fuel required for the Powermatics. Maybe Dustin could have kept them afloat???

Becker

Name
Becker
He left Steamway like 4 years ago.

I heard rumors of he rear ending others in the demo rig.

He came out to the house and demoed the machine. I have to say it is awesome, but loud!

Steamway should dump the whole line, but keep the powermatic.
That is the only machine they made worth it's weight

Mikey P

Administrator
Believe it or not Dustin is sofa surfing at Waldo's right now.

He is using Waldo's security badge to force himself into the flooded county buildings down there.

Becker

Name
Becker
Waldo always bitches that he cant go fishing enough, just think. Now he can fish from home.

( joking of course )

Sounds like he is high and dry.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
"Someone will pick it up.

Masterblend.. they would be good.."

Hey, not a bad idea. Right there in Colorado, and maybe Brent, who used to work at Steam Way, is still there. He knows the Powermatic.

Loren

Tile Nerd

I spoke with Shawn B. with Steamway this morning. They are not closing there doors, they have temporarily suspended truckmount production. Chemical business is still going strong. Parts will continue be available.[/u]

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Steam Way

"temporarily" is so open-ended without saying much of anything it gives me the willies... that's just a way of welching out on the responsibility of being up front with customers...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok don't read anything into what the Nerd said. Call me if you would like or call and talk to Shawn but give him a few days. This was not what anyone wanted and there has been alot of heartache over this. No one is
that's just a way of welching out on the responsibility of being up front with customers

As I said on the first thread believe half of what you see and NONE of what you hear unless you hear it directly from Shawn or Mark.

Kelly

it was kind of an honor being the only certified steamway mechanic in utah for such a long time....kerosene\diesel is the ticket for heat ....always has been ...always will be. I think thats why I like the el diablo machine from masterblend ....plus brent is a really good guy that helps as well.

steamway

Wayne I think John is referring to Mark Farley the president of Steamway....

randy

Name
Randy
Why would Masterblend want Steamway when they already have a unit that is better than anything Steamway ever had ? Aron is way too sharp to fall into the Steamway mess.

RichardnTn

Bought a new SW 7200 a few years back... Absolutely a nightmare...down time every day...should have bought a Powermatic....Dixie Steamway did all they could but repeated efforts with SW produced NOTHING. RR

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom