Sticky tabs

I like the sticky tabs alot....you can pre "stick " your furniture and slide it around and it says on...very beneficial. Also great pulling a long strip for rockers etc.
If you dont have em get em...makes life easier for us CC.

R

rotovacguy

I thought about trying them sometime down the road, for the time being I use foam blocks. And I have enough to last me quite sometime.

My only question about those sticky tabs, and maybe someone who uses them frequently could answer me this, how do you apply those little buggers to a sofa that has a solid metal runner on the bottom, like the furniture I have at home. Not every sofa has legs.
The runners underneath are about 5 feet long, and also have them on my recliner and couch, too. I would imagine you'd go through a lot of those sticky tabs, where with my foam blocks, just put one under each corner on the recliner and couch with an extra one in the middle on the sofa.

Do they have something for those applications, too? If so, is it cost effective?

R

rotovacguy

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought I saw on the jon don website that you could get those sticky tabs on a roll. Just roll out how much you need, and stick it.

If they do make that, I would have to question how cost effective that would be.

How long do they stick for? Do they stick until you decide to pull them off?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems to not really be any more convenient than using a foam block. UNLESS they are a steady client for you, then they would seem to be save you some extra work.

Although, if they decide to use another cleaner next time around, you just saved your competition some work and money, too.

Thank you Mr. Pennington...we now have 4" Sticky-tabs available for those wide legs.....rotovac guy You really need to try them...PM and I'll send you a roll....thanks again Chad and Al!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Are you just now trying those things? Seriously?

Have you been under a rock for the past year, or so?

Rotovacdude:

Don't over-think the issue. It's not a hard concept to understand.

Greenie

three words: PRE TAB DRY

most of your questions will go away when you fully realize the magic to stickys are that you pre tab stuff while the carpet is still dry, then you now have mini sliders at your disposal, pull the couch over here, vacuum, push it back, prespray. They are sweet. And stop over thinking it, they replace tabs not all of your blocks, some things jsut need a block. While you are at it, get a block bag from Maker Co. Any hip distributor that has stickies, probably has the lil' block bag from Maker Steve.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Another benefit is when you place the sticky tabs during pre-inspection, your not running your TM and putting down the wand a lot which end up being a faster and making more profit per job.

R

rotovacguy

admiralclean said:

Rotovacdude:

LOL....I'm not over thinking here...at least not trying to. I'm just the kind of guy who's going to ask a question about something I'm not 100% sure about. Since you guys all seem to be using them with great results, I'm glad to hear it.

Look, Rob is sending me a complimentary roll, like I told him in the message, I'll be glad to eat my words if they're half as good as you guys say they are.

TimP

I've used the sticky tabs and you know what.

I don't really care for them. Call me stubborn or whatever but I find a regular tab easier for me. I find in my area it's more of a pita to try to get them to stick to t he furniture around here than it's worth. Plus I find it too easy to loose the roll of tabs. If I loose the old kind I'm not out much cause I grab a small hand full.

That's my two cents on them. The idea is great but just not for me.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Sticky Tabs are great. They are quite the helper.

Having said that...........I wish they were a little stickier. They do fall off easily.

Greenie

you lose the roll?
at $15.95 a roll it had better get put on your sticky belt clip.

so you think they could be stickier?

you are PRE tabbing right, when the carpet is dry?

Greenie

well....I know Rob had the tabs made stickier not to long ago, maybe it's time to kick it up a notch.

I mean if nobody is having issues with it taking off the finish or damaging anything?...I would be willing to play with it...I'll talk to my guy on Monday....thanks for the feedback guys...I will update you guys on monday....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sticky tabs are just a no brainier.....As you are pre-vacuuming ( if you do ) and you have a few chairs ( The 4 legged type )..Then you can just pick it up and move it and put it back in its place and keep going...Makes prepping the house so much faster and easier... There are times that you are forced to use blocks but for the times you don't have to Sticky tabs are the way to go....
Never have had a problem with any of mine not sticking ..But I am looking forward to the larger ones...

TimP

just like with dirt there are different types of furniture out there. Most of what I find is older furniture and has dust and crap on them. It may work fine in some homes and others a complete pita. I'd rather just stick to what works and not complicate things.

I'd definitely want them more stickey. And a way to keep track of the roll better. probably a belt loop or something like that available.

Greenie

I am starting to see who cleans trailers and who doesn't.....lol

Hey, the lil' sticky blocks are a good idea if they can be mass produced cheaply, John Labarbera do you think a blow mold or inj. mold could crank out a bunch of radiused 2" blocks quickly and cheaply? It would have to be a big mold.

TimP

Greenie said:
I am starting to see who cleans trailers and who doesn't.....lol

Hey, the lil' sticky blocks are a good idea if they can be mass produced cheaply, John Labarbera do you think a blow mold or inj. mold could crank out a bunch of radiused 2" blocks quickly and cheaply? It would have to be a big mold.

I cleaned 1 trailer and 1 house today. :)

Yesturday I cleaned 1 house first then 1 trailer. Too......so what's your freaking point. The furinture is the same all old and southern if not old it's cheap.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I use to hate doing dining rooms with 12 chairs. Now they are gravy. Plus the guy who invented them is a BDCCer now.

Golden Boy

admiralclean said:

Rotovacdude:

I havent been under rock I finally ran out of the 10000 "regular ones" I had...........

Greenie said:
three words: PRE TAB DRY

most of your questions will go away when you fully realize the magic to stickys are that you pre tab stuff while the carpet is still dry, then you now have mini sliders at your disposal, pull the couch over here, vacuum, push it back, prespray. They are sweet. And stop over thinking it, they replace tabs not all of your blocks, some things jsut need a block. While you are at it, get a block bag from Maker Co. Any hip distributor that has stickies, probably has the lil' block bag from Maker Steve.

My point exactly.....

TimP said:
I've used the sticky tabs and you know what.

I don't really care for them. Call me stubborn or whatever but I find a regular tab easier for me. I find in my area it's more of a pita to try to get them to stick to t he furniture around here than it's worth. Plus I find it too easy to loose the roll of tabs. If I loose the old kind I'm not out much cause I grab a small hand full.

That's my two cents on them. The idea is great but just not for me.

I dont get it...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim Martin said:
Sticky tabs are just a no brainier.....As you are pre-vacuuming ( if you do ) and you have a few chairs ( The 4 legged type )..Then you can just pick it up and move it and put it back in its place and keep going...Makes prepping the house so much faster and easier... There are times that you are forced to use blocks but for the times you don't have to Sticky tabs are the way to go....
Never have had a problem with any of mine not sticking ..But I am looking forward to the larger ones...
Jim,
Here's an idea.
Do not put tab.
Move chair ,
pre vac.
Leave chair where is.
Clean.
push chair back.
Tab- Regular. Non sticky.
sounds like the same amount of work.
Less to cary on your belt.
Costs less.
Do not have to worry that they peeled off.
Do not have to clean the furniture legs before tabbing with the stickies because there is hair or crap on the legs and they don't stick.

Sometime less is more.
Actually less is almost always more.

Did I mention that it costs less?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Kinda the same thing...as I vacuum I tab and move chair and then pre-spray and clean..Then replace chair Probably 80 % of the time I have the room to set the chair out of the area I am cleaning...

I like to prep as much as I can before I start my machine up...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom