Sticky tabs

John Watson

I am trying to teach Helen a new trick, She puts sliders under all the furniture we move, then goes and gets her tabs, blocks and if needed stickies ready and the places when removing the slider. I keep telling her to put stickies on the slider when she first installs, Hell we got 6-8 rolls of the reg sized an a couple of the big ones, they are gonna last as long as we do or we just git some more.

Greenie

damn Olfer...you haven't used them have you....lol

You don't even have to kneel or bend over for that chait scenario, I could flip that chair, stick, stick, stick stick and put it back down, no wet knees, I can slide it around, vacuum, prespray, rinse etc...slide it back...it's a solid product and worth every penny. ESPECIALLY on a 6 legged sofa!

ascrubabove

When I placed my first order for tabs I got both (sticky and non) Tried to use the non didn't work for me, I only use the sticky now, I have alot of repeat customers and when I come back the sticky tabs are still in place ready to go!!! :D

TimP

Actually the second job I did today I used sticky last time I was there and they were still there. It did save me maybe 1-2 minutes..... But they were only on 2 of the items. The others needed to be blocked anyhow.

I'm not saying they don't work, they just don't work 100% of the time. So therefore I don't really care for them. And when I did try them I spent more time trying to get them to stick than it was worth. Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but the 2 rolls I bought were the same.

Mike Draper

my favorite thing about sticky tabs is when I leave a brand new roll at someone's house once a month.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Sticky said:
Thank you Mr. Pennington...we now have 4" Sticky-tabs available for those wide legs.....rotovac guy You really need to try them...PM and I'll send you a roll....thanks again Chad and Al!
Damn
I was waiting for those and I just bought a case! Go figure! 4" is the perfect size. A friend cuts them in 1/4's, perfect for chair legs, they remain hidden and 1 tab does the whole chair.

I tab the legs when I place the sliders. Much easier to slide furn than just on tabs, esp heavier stuff. Then I can just pick up the end, pull out the slider and keep going. Another tweak to the industry that wows clients.
Just like all tweaks, some people like em, some don't.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
admiralclean said:
You know, despite what you see around here, it helps in this business if you are not an absolute and total dumb-ass.

Yours didn't come with directions either ....did they.....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Being in Northern Minnesota and all this cold weather (way below zero) , pre-tabbing with sticky tabs before even dragging a hose off the truck has been a great help. Less likely of water lines freezing. I love them and I love the wider sticky tabs as well. Great product!

Mark

hogjowl

Idiot™
But ... if you put em sticky side down ... you are never confused about where the furniture goes!

admiralclean said:
You know, despite what you see around here, it helps in this business if you are not an absolute and total dumb-ass.

How would you know this Marty - have you really put em down sticky side down ?

If so it's far worse than I ever imagined.

R

rotovacguy

admiralclean said:

Um......Marty.....aren't you the same guy who asked if a burnisher needs pads? :p

No offense, but that is a dumb ass question.

Big deal, so maybe some guys haven't tried the sticky tabs, or just don't like them.

R

rotovacguy

admiralclean said:
You need to copy and paste that post.

I don't remember it.

Post subject: Re: Maintaining VCT in a church
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:54 am

First Name: Marty
Last Name: Sutley
Business Name: AdmiralClean Inc.
City: Prattville
State or Province: AL
Carpet Cleaner: Yes
Restoration: No
Repairs: Yes
Multi-truck: No
Fine Rugs: Yes
Tile/Stone: Yes
Equipment: Vortex
Supplier: No
Professional assoc.?: No
Years in Trade: 20
So, that's all I have to do? Just buy a burnisher?

Do those things run themselves, not need pads and no solution or anything? Just buy one and run it on the floor?

Oh, I don't need help with the chairs and tables, thanks. I already know how to move those things.

Jog your memory now? :p :D

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
OK, I reckon I'll try a roll just top see what's all the hubbub, Bub.

But never felt the need. Throw sliders under a piece (Gotta be easier to move furniture with sliders than with tabs). By the time I'm ready to slip the sliders out the carpet is usually dry enough to not need tabs or blocks.

Also, have you noticed how more furniture (even quality brands) have plastic legs?

Most dining room chairs can be set cushion-side-down on the table.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How about sliders and glue.
As Greenie says, you flip the chair.
Put Gorilla glue on legs. Be generous.
Attach sliders to glued on furniture legs.
Vacuum
prespray
clean.
Rinse
Post spray
Post vacuum
You know the drill- the usual.

By the time you are done. Sliders glued solid.
Flip back or if you have a self flipping sofa let it do its thing.

From now on you never have to worry about tabbing or blocking ever again.

Your clients' kids will love you as they slide and rest across the premises. The "lazy boy" could never be called lazy ever again.

Greenie!
This has been now officially patented by me
You've been warned.

ascrubabove

I keep my roll on the handle of my lift buddy, and when I come across some of those metal bunk beds that are too tall to lift with the buddy, I put the sticky tab roll on the end of the lift buddy and use it as a spacer!!!

breathe72

TimP said:
And a way to keep track of the roll better. probably a belt loop or something like that available.

You solve that problem by setting the roll over the handle of your wand at the end of the job, when you're rolling-up. wand in the truck, tabs fit right on the wand handle. That way they are there in your face when you hit the next job.

If you make this a habit, you will look for the tabs on the wand handle every time you go for the wand, and every time you put the wand away.

Name
R.J. Povio
We have used sticky tabs ever since they were introduced.....and I have to tell you they have been a life saver! They work far more times then not. They save me and my techs loads of time...During the Spring and Summer I go through about a full roll every 1-2 weeks. We move tons of furniture.

On houses with lots of clutter furniture we tab everything we can with the Sticky Tabs....anything we cannot tab...we block after we clean under that piece of furniture...like reclining sofas, some reclining chairs, dressers....things with solid wood or metal bottoms. Not that Sticky Tabs cannot be used for solid bottomed furniture...We just find it faster to place 4-6 styrofoam blocks under those. It is pure perferance. By tabbing furniture prior to cleaning you cut down Truckmount run time and the person cleaning the carpet and the person moving furniture are moving at the same speeds. If a person is deodorizing or protecting...they can do that and the other guy cleaning still stays cleaning...NO BOTTLENECKING. You would not be able to just slide furniture back into place with NON sticky tabs.

The new 4 inch tabs are really nice as well. It seems with the newer furniture today the legs are wider/bigger. In the past we have put multiple Sticky Tabs together to cover some of these bigger legs....not anymore with the 4 inch Sticky Tabs. One tab per leg and you are done.

Since we have been using the Sticky Tabs for a year or so now...we have been going back to some jobs that we have tabbed before. Some of the jobs many pieces of furniture are still tabbed. Talk about saving time and money.

Sometimes I have even used the tabs as a slider for lighter furniture...i always check to make sure that the plastic did not burn through....which it almost never does. If I am in doubt or if the furniture is heavier....I double up and stick 2 tabs togther.

As for people losing or leaving behind their Sticky Tab rolls, try using Sticky Tabs new dispenser. I got a prototype...to try and I as well as others gave feedback on how to make the dispenser even better. If you wear a utility belt with spotters in it you can clip the dispenser right to it...or you could just clip the dispenser right to your belt or waist of your pants.

If any of you people have not tried the Sticky Tabs at all talk to Rob. I am sure he will either direct you to a distributor nearest you or if you ask nicely, he may send you a roll to sample and tell your fellow carpet cleaners about. As far as obtaining the new 4 inch Sticky Tabs, your local distributor and or who you have already been purchasing the other Sticky Tabs from should have them in stock or will be able to get them for you if not in stock.

TimP

The way I see it with the greenhorn wand I use. It's not wet enough to really tab anyway. I can come back after I'm done cleaning and tab in the same ammount of time and not loose the sticky tab roll....and probably faster trying to get the tabs to stick is time consuming and aggrivating.

Like I said I must be using different sticky tabs than you guys cause I find them to take more time and are more aggrivating. Or it may be the furniture I have to work with. If they were more sticky and stuck to all furniture with ease then I can understand but they don't.

But if it works for you great keep using them. But I can tell you it don't for everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom