stryker011.jpg

stryker017.jpg

stryker009.jpg

stryker010.jpg

stryker012.jpg

stryker015.jpg

stryker016.jpg

stryker022.jpg

This is one bad ass flushing somesabitch.

Fit and finish is excellent. Ergonomics are dandy but I need a longer handle. Although I can use this with out bending over.
The ball valve although not my cup of tea is easy to get use to. I will wait for the upcoming traditional handle and trigger version though. It would be impossible to clean a stair case with the ball valve. The glide is Derlin so expect to replace it at least once a year and if you're a big commercial guy, maybe three times as tackless is going to eat it up.
Glides will come with the spray bar as it is a one piece unit.
Replacement cost should be less than $100.
The Glide is flat'ish so there is a limited range of up and down tilt before you can hear the air escaping. Abut 8 inches is my guess. not a problem, just noting. The head is super low so you'll be getting under furniture with easy and if you won't be scratching anything with all plastic construction.
The white allen bolt is loosened to flush out debris from the spray bar and a metal tooth brush or even a pin head (insert chad joke) could be used to unclog as well. I'm guessing you could have 20% of the holes randomly plugged up and it would not effect the cleaning.Now all in line would be a problem.
Leaves the carpet drier than my TI wand and flushes out far more soil.
Some slight flexing going on so we just have to wait and see if the head stays mated to the tube.
The blue handle does keep your skin away from the hot tube, sweet!

and it certainly leaves it WAY drier then that damn "VLM" Cimex is drug out today...

what else..?

I think this tool was designed to speed up the cleaning/rinsing process but in reality for most of you guys it will slow you down at first. Being able to see how much soil and water you're removing is going to turn us all into Ron Werners. Trust me, you WILL find carpeted areas that will never rinse completely clean. Have you ever pressure washed a filthy car mat before? It can take a good half an hour before the water runs clean and thats at 1500 psi! You'll soak the sub floor if you go too long with the Stryker. As any Rug Pit guys can attest to, you'll never get it all out in abused situations. The truly anal would be wise to duct tape over the window if they ever plan on doing more than one job a day.

Not sure why they manual would claim it cleans the backing and pad as well... :shock:

scan10001.jpg

scan10002.jpg

Give me another week before you run off and pay $895 for one.

But so far, so good.

Mikey P

Administrator
Missed one point.

This thing needs a vacuum break for us big blower/pimped truck guys.

I tired it with 75 feet off my V and could barely push it at full rpms, at 1200 it become usable. As it did when I dual'ed with a TI.

pHilh

Can you just buy the head??,then you could just cut the head off an old wand and sick that one one??

Mikey P

Administrator
Derlin unfortunately.
Teflon can not be threaded and would cost a mint to machine like that.

Can GG find a way around it?

Stay tuned.

Mikey P

Administrator
No way Michael.

It's hard colorfast plastic. It glides pretty well actually considering it's shape

We'll see how long tackless and metal transition strips take to destroy it.

I imagine it will need to be filed sanded and de-bured pretty often.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mikey P said:
Kevin, considering that the glide parts were not even completed until after July 4th weekend I highly doubt you had one like this one.
I'm kidding, I have yet to even see one in person. I cant wait to try one out. It seems like it might be hard to push however.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I like it. The idea of having vac on each side of the water stream seams superior.

The line going to the side when goes to the head like that doesnt look professional, maybe its temporary.

I would be afraid to clean a commercial double stick with it maybe it would be OK with the pressure turned down, i don't know.

Too bad someone couldn't make 2- 45degree streams between the vacs, one facing one way the other facing the other way, like a floor wand version of the drimaster upholstery tool but better.

THAT would be something.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Try the Stryker on a soft cut pile nylon and let me know how the bridge marks look.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
some thoughts just from looking at it

first off....it's CHEAP looking.
I sure hope it's at a fair price point.
Though something tells me that if a barn fan with mAgIC louvers had a price point of $700..this wand will be silly priced too

the spray is straight down
Which isn't a bad thing at low to moderate PSI
the long flat area of the vac shoe (front to back) means wand angle will be critical.
Too tall or too short a tech (or different hold styles) will rock one of the vac slots off the carpet

I'm guessing this a prototype...cause who the hell would want to cycle the wand off and on with a BALL VALVE?? :roll:

..L.T.A.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I read Mikey's post again- cleaner, drier and potentially faster.

That's what it's all about. I've been waiting for something like this.

Man, I want one! With my tiny waste tank though, an apo is going to be essential. The only thing about my machine I dont like. The dumping would be down right ridiculous with that.

But if it's cleaner, drier and faster it's a no-brainer.

thanks for info

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom