Stryke one!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
No need for a trigger. Mikey just wants to feel like he is important so he has demanded a trigger. I used the wand and love the ball valve. After about 10 minutes you'll love not having to trigger the wand as well. You turn it on and go. No Need for a dry stoke. Triggering on and off is a waste of time and energy with this wand. if you want a trigger buy a TI wand.

Bill please don't give into the Big head and put a valve on the wand.

Greenie

Since the manual says to use a dry stroke, I wouldn't encourage anyone to skip the dry stroke John...keep in mind the give an inch take a mile quote.

The ball valve looks "ok", but to be honest, it's just not that much work to squeeze a FeatherTouch, and I could get rid of that ridiculous armadilo housing and make it look like a "wand" again.

I'm just not a fan of that much plastic on a wand, Stainless last.

Mikey mentioned it, I will EMPHASIZE it: The Delrin will snag carpet fibers and require regular resurfacing (read as sandpaper)...ask me how I know?

My fee would have been reasonable, but it's going up with each page of this thread.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

no offense, John, but you don't clean carpets for a living
Playing around with it on your show room floor carpet don't count

that wand looks like a cheap POS
$900 for a stainless tube, rotomolded head and plastic vac shoe is a JOKE

and don't ge me started on that stupid plastic window :roll:

that wand looks like it belongs next to the grocery store rent-a-Nautilus

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I can't clean staircase without a trigger.

I can waste boat loads of water and heat though.

IMO, by offering both, the trigger version will out sell the ball 9 to one.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Re: Jsut for the record

I'm not going to get into any arguments with anyone here on the board so take your shots as you wish you won't be the first or the last. However I would like to share some of the benefits of plastic and why we used it on this wand.

1. The handle - For years people have known that carpel tunnel/repetitive motion injuries are a problem in the industry. This handle is designed specifically to improve the angle of your wrist and focus the forward and back motion to the larger joints in your shoulder and elbow. The option most commonly offered to the industry has been mounting a spray gun on the wand as a solution to this real problem. Our goal was to actually build a handle system specific for the application rather than attempt to adapt something and make it work. The forward handle both protects the ball valve as welll as allows you to use this a scrub wand. Finally while its tempting I'm sure to think that this was designed by engineers who have never used a wand in their lives. I suspect Roy Studebaker has more years on a cleaning wand than damn near anyone on this board and he and Keith both have had a tremendous amount of say in the features we offer in the Stryker. All that being said if you want a conventional version we will offer one.

2. Plastic and durability I hate to rain on anyones pararde here but the durability of Polyethylene is pretty hard to dispute. while stainless obviously will last it still dents like any other metal and of course the cost to cast or mold it is quite expensive from a per parts price. The reason I bring this up was important as well in our decision to use one of our molding processes. Our original prototypes were welded stainless as many know from the video's posted on this forum. During the development phase we all noticed how water cavitated in the corners of the wand head. All of us found this to be interesting at a minimum since it seemed to indicate that the water wasn't moving equaly up the wand into the tube hose etc. Well at Dri-Eaz we knew form years of extraction testing that the water that is extracted into any wand device actually travels along the surfaces not into the air stream (hint the air moves to 100% humidity immediately giving it no ability to hold water) so the smoothness of the surfaces and rounding the joints rather than blunt welds is very important to effective water extraction. (could this be why 2.5 inch hose works better or multiple aperatures make a difference? thats a whole nother class folks)

3. Delrin versus Teflon, Come on Greenie we don't have to argue this one do we? Who made the glides for our Rover? Of course teflon is the best material but only if the manufacturing process utilizes machining to create the glide. In an effort to keep costs down and add features that could only coming from injection molding we choose Delrin which is a damn good alternative.

4. Your customers perception of professionalism. I'm not touching this one other than to say that the Dri-Eaz brand of equipemnt is far and awa y the global leader everywhere it sells. I'm a big believer in the cocncept that your customer judges you on how you rep yourself more than your equipment unless you make your equipment more important than you when it comes to the service you offer.

-JB-

Name
JB
4. Your customers perception of professionalism. I'm not touching this one other than to say that the Dri-Eaz brand of equipemnt is far and awa y the global leader everywhere it sells. I'm a big believer in the cocncept that your customer judges you on how you rep yourself more than your equipment unless you make your equipment more important than you when it comes to the service you offer.

I've always thought that Dri-ease products look like they Little-Tikes toys myself. :wink:

little_tikes_wrc.jpg

BUT, I couldn't agree w/the above statement more.

Quite OBVIOUSLY, to those that know me. :roll:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the point is, Bill, all those cost savings in plastic sure weren't passed to the end user.

yea yea, I know about RD and the cost of molds

it's still a rip off for what it is

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dosn't need to be Rich.

The spray bar manifold is filling a cavity with hot pressurized water. You could plug up 1/3rd of the whole and it would still work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom