Stryke three, you're OUT!

Mikey P

Administrator
Having pounded the world's deepest cleaning carpet wand over the past few days those magical elves at Sapphire Scientific have come to conclusion that it would be a wise move to go back to the drawing board.

Now John Olsen and Forsythe are gonna toss a hissy fit as I'm sure they has pre-sold a dozen or more but this rendition need some serious work for it to last more than a month in the hands of your average broke dick..

With out going into details,be sure to stay tuned for a much more heavy duty, longer lasting, deeper cleaning wand of the ages.

The premise kicks ass trust me, now lets let Dear Mr Bruders do the right thing and snap the elf whip.

Greenie

We were supposed to LEARN from the Evolution, not repeat history.

$1000/hr is starting to sound like a bargain at this point.

After being frustrated with all the wands on the market, I almost decided to fabricate something myself. Two of my helpers run the 4 jet wand great, but a couple others can't run the wand to save their life atleast with not any efficiency. I need a wand that anyone can run or one that is idiot prof, absolutely does not streak, cleans forward and backwards, cleans cut pile or cgd with ease, is easy to manuever, well built, and does not weigh a ton. The zipper wand is pretty neat but is too bulky for residential imo, but would be great for commercial work. There is one concept no one has addressed that would improve any wand. I might be on to something. :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Go for it.... :!:

Will you PLEASE consider those of us that run our machines...."above IDLE speed".. :p

-JB-

Name
JB
Oh, so that meANs Lar was right... too bad.
disappointed.gif

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
danielc said:
After being frustrated with all the wands on the market, I almost decided to fabricate something myself. Two of my helpers run the 4 jet wand great, but a couple others can't run the wand to save their life atleast with not any efficiency. I need a wand that anyone can run or one that is idiot prof, absolutely does not streak, cleans forward and backwards, cleans cut pile or cgd with ease, is easy to manuever, well built, and does not weigh a ton. The zipper wand is pretty neat but is too bulky for residential imo, but would be great for commercial work. There is one concept no one has addressed that would improve any wand. I might be on to something. :idea:

Zipper JUNIOR!!?? :roll:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I remember an "Attachment" for wands that added jets to the front, and an extra "Trigger" where the front handle went.

Seemed like a great idea and was around a few 100 bucks.

Dont remember where It was... maybe Magic Wand Co?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
dealtimeman said:
so are they really going to halt production of the wand?

yes..at least i hope so
so some sucker doesn't get ripped off for close to a thousand

because it's a plastic POS

I have no problems with plastic...used in the RIGHT place.
The head of a tool that gets the most use and abuse AIN'T one of 'em .
We're talking about a carpet wand, not an upl tool.

I have to wonder if it was the corp bean counters that made the decision?
cause it sure couldn't of been a REAL CC'r that does REAL CCing in the REAL world with a REAL TM.. :roll:

sorry to sound so critical and rant so hard, cause I have a favorable opinion of Bruders and most of their products in general.

I'm just sick and tired of getting ripped off for over priced CRAP in this industry
Make the sumbitch out of materials that HOLD UP and charge what you have to get to make a profit.
if it is indeed a better mouse trap, they'll sell.

Just don't insult the hard working cleaners in this industry by building CHEAP and charging high

OK, I'm off my soap box now and looking forward to a great time in Nashville the fine folks (and I mean that) at Legend Brands has in store for us.

..L.T.A.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Spawn said:
dealtimeman said:
so are they really going to halt production of the wand?

yes..at least i hope so
so some sucker doesn't get ripped off for close to a thousand

because it's a plastic POS

I have no problems with plastic...used in the RIGHT place.
The head of a tool that gets the most use and abuse AIN'T one of 'em .
We're talking about a carpet wand, not an upl tool.

I have to wonder if it was the corp bean counters that made the decision?
cause it sure couldn't of been a REAL CC'r that does REAL CCing in the REAL world with a REAL TM.. :roll:

sorry to sound so critical and rant so hard, cause I have a favorable opinion of Bruders and most of their products in general.

I'm just sick and tired of getting ripped off for over priced CRAP in this industry
Make the sumbitch out of materials that HOLD UP and charge what you have to get to make a profit.
if it is indeed a better mouse trap, they'll sell.

Just don't insult the hard working cleaners in this industry by building CHEAP and charging high

OK, I'm off my soap box now and looking forward to a great time in Nashville the fine folks (and I mean that) at Legend Brands has in store for us.

..L.T.A.

OK heres to official statement on the Stryker

It wasn't released to production yet so it's not as if the line is shut down. We are taking Mikes results and and combining them with other results we have from field testing.
I don't agree that plastic is a poor choice sorry thats my view and Meat every bit of my income is from this industry as well as a large portion of my family.
As for the bean counter question no we don't have bean counters over our head making these types of decisions as one of owners of the company I can assure you we are making decisions based on what gets our customers the best value for thier $$$$$
You might ask Roy and Kieth Studebaker a couple of "real" carpet cleaners what they think they have been right with us over the last 14 months or so while we prototyped various versions of this wand. I believe they run a HydraMAster 4.8 Salsa pretty real truckmount I think.

Finally we don't build cheap and sell high we leave that to others to do that .

Bjorn

rumor had it they were being made in Bangladesh by vegan Hindus

s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Wc3LemhLws]

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Well if you kin be wrong about a Tri-lobe can certainly CAN be wrong again................

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Mr. Bruders,

You have earned my respect. I have not commented in any of your previous threads. You
certainly have proven you can take a punch.! The shots you see coming you have defended
well. The shots you don't see..are going to be cheap,below the belt, & sometimes of the
sucker, in nature...!

You appear, to possess all the talents to defend youself in a fair fight..However as you will
realize soon enough, that you are in a street fight.! These boys play rough...The critisum can
become personal in the blink of the eye.

With that being said...When some begin to pile on...Feel free to kick-them-right-in-the-nuts.!
I will remind you that of the Hundreds of members that are here...Only a select few post...!
Many of the Posters...have a vested intrest in your companys failure. So...I can only speak
for myself...While you are taking some serious HEAT right now.!!!

I admire your honesty and your stamina, to stay in the fight to defend your company & their
products..! It says alot about a man. Your sucess is guarenteed by these qualitys..!

This place reminds me of a fine dining restuarent...Attached to a WHORE HOUSE...&..a SKID-
ROW bar... :lol: There is something for EVERYONE... :wink:

SO..ENJOY.. :!: You will get a great meal...your pipes cleaned...a black-eye & a draft beer...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just another reason why I think most new tools are designed by geeks sitting in cubicles.

And I agree with Larry that who do these manufacturers think we are, stupid?

Build it with quality components......not some plastic POS.

My POS Castex wand is 15 years old, I doubt that a plastic POS would last that long.

MORONS ALL!

KMA!

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
HARPER said:
Mr. Bruders,

You have earned my respect. I have not commented in any of your previous threads. You
certainly have proven you can take a punch.! The shots you see coming you have defended
well. The shots you don't see..are going to be cheap,below the belt, & sometimes of the
sucker, in nature...!

You appear, to possess all the talents to defend youself in a fair fight..However as you will
realize soon enough, that you are in a street fight.! These boys play rough...The critisum can
become personal in the blink of the eye.

With that being said...When some begin to pile on...Feel free to kick-them-right-in-the-nuts.!
I will remind you that of the Hundreds of members that are here...Only a select few post...!
Many of the Posters...have a vested intrest in your companys failure. So...I can only speak
for myself...While you are taking some serious HEAT right now.!!!

I admire your honesty and your stamina, to stay in the fight to defend your company & their
products..! It says alot about a man. Your sucess is guarenteed by these qualitys..!

This place reminds me of a fine dining restuarent...Attached to a WHORE HOUSE...&..a SKID-
ROW bar... :lol: There is something for EVERYONE... :wink:

SO..ENJOY.. :!: You will get a great meal...your pipes cleaned...a black-eye & a draft beer...

Joe Thanks so much for the perspective.
I'm so proud of the people who make up Legend Brands I have to defend them. Today we support over 200 families with the best wages we can pay, medical insurance, life insurance, 401K retirement, short and long term disability coverage, 9 paid holidays and paid vacations. We have a majority of employees with more than 5 years of service and a couple with 25 years. I can tell you without any reservations that these criticisms only make us stronger and fuel our commitment to the industry.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thats Great.... :!:

ARE YOU HIRING... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me..Marty..&..bAWb....Are looking for a REAL JOB...... :wink:

Hey SNOW....There's "C-NOTE" from each of us...For a letter of "rEcoMMeNdAtIoN".. :idea:

Of course that means...$150.00 each...from me & marty... :shock:

Steve Smith

"Finally we don't build cheap and sell high we leave that to others to do that ."

So you don't have airmovers or anything like that made in China?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Made in the good ol USA Burlington Wa. Prescott AZ. Coraopolis, PA. Some items we distribute are made outside the US GE as an example.

CleanEvo

Just cause it's light blue, doesn't make it a drieaze blower. That doesn't look like any Drieaze fan I've ever seen.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
That is clearly a picture of a Sahara X3 I suspect they have copied it from our website or one of our distributors and are using it to bait and switch people. Unfortunately China offers no protection for this kind of practice. Could they sell it in the US sure until such time as we go to court to get a restraining order. There is a design patent on the X3 which while not offering much protection it does keep companies from couterfeiting. But then again there are US companies that basically take a winning product design and cheaply copy it or make what they say are comestic changes. Thats the global economy at its finest

Steve Smith

Bill Bruders said:
That is clearly a picture of a Sahara X3 I suspect they have copied it from our website or one of our distributors and are using it to bait and switch people. Unfortunately China offers no protection for this kind of practice. Could they sell it in the US sure until such time as we go to court to get a restraining order. There is a design patent on the X3 which while not offering much protection it does keep companies from couterfeiting. But then again there are US companies that basically take a winning product design and cheaply copy it or make what they say are comestic changes. Thats the global economy at its finest
Bill,
Thanks for the insight.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
:shock: yeah that is a drieaz air mover, wonder what air mover they are going to send you if you order and wonder if you can pay with a cc and get one to see, just might do.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
AshleyMckendree said:
I remember an "Attachment" for wands that added jets to the front, and an extra "Trigger" where the front handle went.

Seemed like a great idea and was around a few 100 bucks.

Dont remember where It was... maybe Magic Wand Co?

The guys name that invented that was Gary Sumner, U.S. Patent # 6,453,506. I think this is the wand that you are talking about. I read his patent will searching patents on the USPTO site. You can search his name at http://www.uspto.gov Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom