The ...CINTAS...secret................

joe harper

Name
joe harper
We were called in yesterday to a new fitness center yesterday....

They just opened last week. One of my employees was talking to the owner & informed
him that the new VCT should be waxed asap.

So my son was on-site sealing the VCT..yesterday..! When he was getting the check
from the owner...there was a SMoKin hOt chick talking to the owner... 8)

As he hands the check to my son...."He says" ....This is "blank"...she is from Cintas... :shock:
And says that she can do the same VCT for 1/2 the price... :shock: :shock: :shock:

"WHAT A SET OF BALL'S"..... :roll:

She was cold canvasing the area....Saw our truck parked out front....&....walked right in
on OUR jobsite..then tried to get the contract.... :evil:

Well when all was said & done..!!! We got the carpet & VCT on a 3 mth maintenance plan... 8)

Now I understand how they are "RACK"ing-up all of these contracts... :idea:
Just a HeAds-Up....Cintas is .."SKIRTing"...the issues... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS They took a restuarant account from us 6 mths ago..."7 year previous client"

We were $400.00 a month....They bid a 1000k sq ft @ $100.00... :shock: :shock: :shock:

The carpets are NOW hIdIouS.... :oops:
I am sure they will be back... !gotcha!

harryhides

Name
Tony
Sadly, pride often prevents the now wiser customer from returning to the fold.

Have you ever considered cross dressing for your sales calls Joe.
I'm sure you could pull it off.

:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
harry hides said:
Sadly, pride often prevents the now wiser customer from returning to the fold.

Have you ever considered cross dressing for your sales calls Joe.
I'm sure you could pull it off.

:mrgreen:

"cRoSS-dRessInG".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should see my ...pErkY aSS"... in a tight- little- jean skirt.... !gotcha!

Lisa ...can't hold a candle...to me in my DaIsy dUkES.... :shock:

ps. Dead-On about their pride... :cry: He cannot look my son in the eye.... :oops:

pss. "We carried this guy for 6 months ...during the bad economy...by taking gift certificates
as "full payment" to help him out... :roll:

lance

"Hello there ______, this gentleman wants a job well done and a company that makes it easy to do business with. Did you buy your shoes, dress, jewelry, hair-style for the cheapest price you could find? No, you didn't did you? So why should this business owner take your advice and hire the cheapest cleaning company it town?

So ________, you really should stop representing a company that you have to whore out with low prices just to get the sale. If your company did any kind of high quality work then you would price the job higher....and by the way, do you PERSONALLY guarantee that the crew that comes in for that low price gives the owner the great results that he deserves......because I can, and I do.

Talk is cheap, everybody knows that. And since you don't know a damn thing about running a business, go back to hanging on a pole and dazzling the losers there for a dollar or two. You are not needed here."

Just make sure you duck when she takes a swing at you. !gotcha!

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Harper keep your head up Champ. Harold you fookin idiot they will come back. Just got a Dentist office back that went the cheap route. Harold still waitin on the Joe Polish tests you performed and the Scotchguard tests that you never showed the results to. I heard you are trying to become a President of a Few Carpet cleaning organizations. Make sure you put on your resume all the bogus tests you have performed with no results.

Golden Boy

Bob Foster

Hey I have the solution!

hootercc.jpg

bahrahm

damm... real business man never go for low(cheap) service.. most experience owners or managers know what is gonna happen if they hire low ballers... maybe CINTAS teaches(sales ppl)....BLOW JOB IS BETTER THAN HAVE NO JOBS.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
HARPER said:
PS They took a restuarant account from us 6 mths ago..."7 year previous client"

We were $400.00 a month....They bid a 1000k sq ft @ $100.00... :shock: :shock: :shock:

The carpets are NOW hIdIouS.... :oops:
I am sure they will be back... !gotcha!

You can charge more when they come back for restoring the mess made by the previous cleaners.

Jamesh921

Name
James
BRIAN,

I will NOT tell you again, "STOP POSTING PICS OF MY WIFE ON THE INTERNET".

Do it again and I'll have to start charging you her modeling fees, which YOU CAN'T AFFORD, Dude.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
The "Cintas Secret"? They actually have people out on the street calling on people. It is called "sales" and it works if you get the "Law of Large Numbers" on your side. The more sales calls- the more contracts signed.

Meanwhile, instead of doing the cold calls that Cintas isn't afraid to make the average carpet cleaner would rather wait for the phone to miraculously ring while hanging around complaining on industry bulletin boards about the big companies stealing his work.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS You WILL lose work through "customer erosion" no matter how good your work is. (We've all lost contracts when the new manager comes in.) That is why even the most successful company should still have a regular ongoing commercial sales and marketing program.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Steve Toburen said:
The "Cintas Secret"? They actually have people out on the street calling on people. It is called "sales" and it works if you get the "Law of Large Numbers" on your side. The more sales calls- the more contracts signed.

Meanwhile, instead of doing the cold calls that Cintas isn't afraid to make the average carpet cleaner would rather wait for the phone to miraculously ring while hanging around complaining on industry bulletin boards about the big companies stealing his work.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve Toburen

PS You WILL lose work through "customer erosion" no matter how good your work is. (We've all lost contracts when the new manager comes in.) That is why even the most successful company should still have a regular ongoing commercial sales and marketing program.

Quoted only so it could be re-read. Thanks Steve! I bet the Cintas salespeople have never heard of a bulletin board and are not wasting their precious time complaining on one~ they are out there knocking on doors & selling. My experience tells me that it is the rare customer who "comes back" after leaving. They may not contnue long term with whoever they went with but chances are they will find another. Move on, keep in touch, but don't count on whoever gets your customer, screwing it up~ we are talking carpet cleaning here, not brain surgery.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Funny,
We just had a couple of restaurants (same owner) come back to us after about a year.

They didn't remember/know that they used us in that past. lol.....new managers etc.

They were a customer of ours for about 2 years before that.

They loved our work after cleaning both this time.

We got lucky I guess.

EDIT: OH, the reason why the stopped using us to begin with was the New manager at the time was going to have his brother clean the carpets for $99.00 each. No way we could match that. He was also going to "power wash" the patio every month along with the carpet.

I'm pretty sure they were too embarrassed to come back right away. lol

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
They didn't remember/know that they used us in that past. lol.....new managers etc.
Yeah. We're not nearly as important to the average commercial account as we think we are. In fact, I was fine with that. I just wanted to "blend in with the wood work" and just get them in the habit of sending that check every month.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS And yeah, Brian, you are so right on the "new manager" phenomenon. We would have been doing an account for years and when the new guy came in the first thing he would do was fire everyone, including us!

That's why even though we were doing over 100 commercial accounts every month I would reluctantly drag my sorry butt out every Tuesday on my Dedicated Sales Morning. Just like most people I didn't like doing cold call selling. But I disliked even more the prospect DOWN THE ROAD of not being able to make payroll!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve Toburen said:

Respectfully submitted,
Steve Toburen

Steve,

I take exception with your post...! We only do about 10% of our volume in commercial work.
my post was about the arrogance of any one to walk on a man's jobsite & propose a BID
while contracted work is in progress.. :roll:

The FACT that she was an attractive woman...was for the HUMOR aspect of the post..:shock:
If you will READ the post.. :oops: You will see that we were awarded the contract & future
maintenance contract at TWICE the price... :shock:

The FRANCHISE restaurant that left us...RENTS from one of my best friends.... !gotcha! I could make 1 phone call & have the contract back....! He specified in the LEASE that we
were to be the ONLY service provider maintaining the flooring... :idea:

We choose NOT to compete in the commercial market...mostly because of our PRICING...!
All of our commercial work stems from the referral of our residential client.... 8)

ps..I do NOT remember requesting a marketing or structural evaluation of my company... :roll:
It would be my opinion that you had all the FACTS...prior to posting your unsolicited OPINION'S

I am sorry that you were unable to "Cut -The-Mustard" in your CC biz... :oops: I HOPE things
are better for you ...working as a HirEd-gUn...in the GURU biz.... :mrgreen:

Pss. Some things are left better "unSaid"... :idea:
"If you don't have BOOTS ON THE GROUND"

hugs & kisses
HARPER

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
prior to posting your unsolicited OPINION'S

Then why post it on a message board?

Did you expect NOT to get responses? :roll:

Has it EVER occurred to to ...That SOME of us post on this board for the comradery &
ability to share the experience of the day with fellow cleaners..... :idea: :idea: :idea:

If I want ADVICE from anyone here I usually will PM them or pick-up the PHONE... :roll:

Steve ...can certainly help an IdIoT like ....YOU...!

HINT...HINT... :idea: Everyone that can't STAND you... :!: :!: Dis-like you because
you don't know your ..ASS FROM A HOLE IN THE GROUND.... :oops:

People USUALLY...glean information form SUCESSFUL people...Not ViRtUaL wannaBEs.. :!:

NO ONE is interested in your garbage that you PUKE on this board ...EVERY SECOND...OF
EVERYDAY... :roll: It is OBOVIUS that you have NO BUSINESS to speak of ...OR...you
would be out RUNNING that business... :idea:

So....If I may say very politely.....STFU... :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The beauty is I don't NEED to leave in order to run my business.

If you would listen to others instead of the developmentally disabled voices in your head...you might learn how to do that. Dumbass.

HOLEASS342234.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I haven't worked on a truck since 1985.... !gotcha!

I had my lower back FuSed..."Ouch ! "

In retrospect...It was probably the best thing that ever happened to my business.. :idea:

I was FORCED off the truck... :shock:

ps I was just practicing my early morning PhReD "lite"...posting skills this morning... :mrgreen:

I just wanted to kIcK someone on a MoNdAY morning...my guys are OFF today... !gotcha!
I knew you & steve would unDerStAnD... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom