The Commercial Bathroom Opportunity / Portable Dilemma

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Thanks for stopping to read this thread. For the last few weeks I've been looking at ways of getting a few bathroom jobs from locally based fast food chain doing a poor job of upkeep.

You all offered a lot of advice and I took it on board, I've been out and taken some cheeky photos of the worst culprits. What I think they show is just how bad things are and how much I can help.

Mikey has pointed out that wall grout is thankfully not trafficked by feet and so generally doesn't suffer soiling to the same extent as a floor.

This is absolutely true. Trouble is it's pretty easy to use a grout stick or a Rotovac on a floor. what do you do when you really want to clean up a job like this with just 500PSI to play with and you have walls?

I have bought one of those Turboscrub 360 rechargeable bathroom scrubbers on a wand so help me scrub the chemicals in. Where can I get a spray wand that will connect to my carpet hoses I can use to rinse a wall down?

http://turboscrub.com.au

Is one of these dry stem cleaners a good investment?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Polti-Va...366426?hash=item1a23c6949a:g:AtsAAOSw9GhYerXU

Once I get the walls and cubicle all and door clean the floor is a grout stick and Bonzer job. Quick and easy. But these wall grout lines.....

Ideas please.

Local KFC Bathrooms

IMG_7631.JPG
IMG_7634.JPG
IMG_7635.JPG
IMG_7636.JPG
IMG_7640.JPG
IMG_7641.JPG
IMG_7643.JPG
IMG_7644.JPG
IMG_7646.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7636.JPG
    IMG_7636.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 176

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Burger King Bathroom

IMG_7930.JPG
IMG_7931.JPG
IMG_7932.JPG
IMG_7934.JPG
IMG_7937.JPG
IMG_7939.JPG
IMG_7941.JPG
IMG_7942.JPG
IMG_7945.JPG
IMG_7946.JPG

Please help..... I can't ask clearer. I'd really like to offer this service. Making this work is critical before I can sell it. I'm in a bind here.

Thanks

steve_64

I won a tile tool in an auction a month or two back that would be perfect for the walls.

I'll try and get the info and pic later.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Grant, yes offer the service.

Find a 7 or 8 bar vapor machine, you'll generate more heat and volume meaning faster cleaning.

Bear in mind that the bathroom has been slushed down with bleach since forever. You may not get the grout snowy white because of that.

Viper Peroxibrite is wonderful. any decent (strong) cleaner should be serviceable. You may consider adding a broad spectrum antiseptic to the mix, since you'll be breathing the aerosolized waste products. I like to clean a biological desert.

Don't scrimp on the vapor machine. "Hot" and "lots" are your friends.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
When it came time to deep clean my shower and bathroom I simplified things and just used my 1800 psi cold water pressure washer and let the water run down the drain. I did this even though I have tile cleaning tools.

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Got one just like it this sunday. Going to use viper venom and 40 volume , crb to scrub, grout brush. Flush with floor tool, spray the walls and see if it all goes down the drain.
Post back with the outcome.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Grant, yes offer the service.

Find a 7 or 8 bar vapor machine, you'll generate more heat and volume meaning faster cleaning.

Bear in mind that the bathroom has been slushed down with bleach since forever. You may not get the grout snowy white because of that.

Viper Peroxibrite is wonderful. any decent (strong) cleaner should be serviceable. You may consider adding a broad spectrum antiseptic to the mix, since you'll be breathing the aerosolized waste products. I like to clean a biological desert.

Don't scrimp on the vapor machine. "Hot" and "lots" are your friends.

Any good?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222337977989

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There is probably a good market in restroom cleaning. You'll to get you systems down so you can be at a price that they can afford. The great part is that each one would be setup as a regular account that you service frequently.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
There is probably a good market in restroom cleaning. You'll to get you systems down so you can be at a price that they can afford. The great part is that each one would be setup as a regular account that you service frequently.
How would you approach the walls in my photos?i have an MX3-500H.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
So that blackened out shit is not soiling? Its soap and hardness woth a crusty layer of soil?

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Most of the time the massive Efflorescence is unbeatable.
would you spare me a minute when you get one and push in on my ohotos and see what you make of tgese ones?

It - looks - like just conventional junk in there. But if you think its hardness I might just forget it.

I think @Desk Jockey has seen the potential I've seen here.

Would you push in tight on the photos too and gavr a look please Chavez?

Your dad would have done these the hard way. You know what's needed.

Thanks mates.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
would you spare me a minute when you get one and push in on my ohotos and see what you make of tgese ones?

It - looks - like just conventional junk in there. But if you think its hardness I might just forget it.

I think @Desk Jockey has seen the potential I've seen here.

Would you push in tight on the photos too and gavr a look please Chavez?

Your dad would have done these the hard way. You know what's needed.

Thanks mates.
I'm not suggesting you to less of a job but we are talking commercial here. This is not in a home, their concerns may not be with grout channels.

Likely they are more concerned that its cleaned and odor free. I could be wrong but I think if you're selling "Clean, disinfected and Deodorized" discolored grout will take a back seat.

In a home, its about appearance because "they" use it, its theirs. In a business or for the city or municipality its about being clean.

Reactions: roro and rick imby

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I'm not suggesting you to less of a job but we are talking commercial here. This is not in a home, their concerns may not be with grout channels.

Likely they are more concerned that its cleaned and odor free. I could be wrong but I think if you're selling "Clean, disinfected and Deodorized" discolored grout will take a back seat.

In a home, its about appearance because "they" use it, its theirs. In a business or for the city or municipality its about being clean.
No we're on the same page. Inexperience has likely lead me to look at it differently.

In order to do deodourisatiin and make it hygienic all that junk and detritus in those grout lines has to go.

Furthermore the standard of facility is deplorable. McDonalds looks fantastic. There's nothing for me to do there.

Now maybe just doing thr floor and spraying something nice will be all they want. But it wouldn't seem to really fix their problem.

Lets say they see it my way and say "wholesale correction of thr odour and appearance problem or we're not interested".

How would I do that. @Mikey P says live steam. What do you say?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think you want a foamer for the walls. A sprayer that creates foam so it can make contact for at least 8-10 minutes. That way you can be sure you have little to no problems with odor.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I think you want a foamer for the walls. A sprayer that creates foam so it can make contact for at least 8-10 minutes. That way you can be sure you have little to no problems with odor.
This is what I want to kmow. Who makes one?

Is there an MB sponsor making one?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
How about taking up Chess or Needlepoint instead?

Commercial bathroom rarely if ever lead to a job well done feeling.
I was wondering why anyone wants to crawl around cleaning up pee and poop if they don't have to. I was in a Taco Bell today that I could barely eat in the restaurant. Can only wonder what the bathrooms looked like.

Reactions: rick imby

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So... you're the dude who always uses the urinal and toilet in front of me. But I kinda figured.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom