The Commercial Bathroom Opportunity / Portable Dilemma

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
So everybody is quite sure the black soiling visible in the wall grout will be acid soluable rather than dirt and grease from the fast food?

I was more looking at it as an oxidiser powder type deal. But you've recomended an acid bathroom cleaner for soap scrum.

Just to be clear there are no showers and no cake soaps.

Just a hand basin and your Sodium Laurel Sulfate type softwash.

Thanks everybody for keeping with it. Its hard to ask for help.

:icon_question:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So everybody is quite sure the black soiling visible in the wall grout will be acid soluable rather than dirt and grease from the fast food?

I was more looking at it as an oxidiser powder type deal. But you've recomended an acid bathroom cleaner for soap scrum.

Just to be clear there are no showers and no cake soaps.

Just a hand basin and your Sodium Laurel Sulfate type softwash.

Thanks everybody for keeping with it. Its hard to ask for help.

:icon_question:
It doesn't matter if it's dirt and grease or just acid soluble. It's dirty mop water. With tile, number 1 rule is to always treat it with an alkaline first to any, if there is oils in the way. Then come behind it with and acid bathroom cleaner if there's any stains remaining, because if you treat it with an acid first...it won't budge if there's oils on it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That method also helps you justify your quote $$$$ to the customer, because you're going on the rule of doing a 5 step method of cleaning :
Prespray with alkaline, agitate, rinse, spraying again with acid, final rinse.

hydracat

Burger king says "have it your way." If burger king dosent care than theres no problem to solve. Use a small electric pressure washer outside hooked up to your burner. I wouldn't even start with a cleaner since theres probably enough residue from mopping to foam up. The heat is going to do most of the work not high pressure. then you can get specific as to whats left over and what products to use. A pressure washing wand with interchangeable tips is going to allow you to change the volume and pressure while your working without having to change it at the pump or if its not adjustable like many small pressure washing pumps. Make sure your hose is rated for heat over 220F.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The reason I am doing these bathrooms in a commercial building is I already do the carpet and was asked if I could do the bathrooms. Would never want a competitor to get his foot in the door either.

rick imby

Name
Rick
There is a need for your service of cleaning bathrooms.---Most restraunts and gas stations are not inclined to pay significant money to an outside cleaner.

Like Doug said, do you really want to spend your time cleaning piss stops? Put a little more energy into marketing your current options instead of entering a $25 an hour competitive market...

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
There is a need for your service of cleaning bathrooms.---Most restraunts and gas stations are not inclined to pay significant money to an outside cleaner.

Like Doug said, do you really want to spend your time cleaning piss stops? Put a little more energy into marketing your current options instead of entering a $25 an hour competitive market...
I certainly wasn't thinking $25 per hour.

$100.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Just as in carpet cleaning everyone has a need but not everyone sees a value in the service or has the discretionary income for it.

Market to those that do. Fast food and gas stations may be the low end??? What about Hotels, Corporate businesses, High end restaurants?
Whip up a quick flyer or do some calling and see if there is any response before going too far down this road.

Reactions: rick imby

rick imby

Name
Rick
I certainly wasn't thinking $25 per hour.

$100.

The big companies have experts in how to clean a tile bathroom they are also used to having workers work for $10 per hour or less.

It is going to be hard to get them to pay you the hourly rate you want to make. Not counting your selling time also.

Good luck

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Having been a janitor 20 years ago working in a large school district I have to say it was one of the most humiliating jobs I've ever done. But to feed my family and doing cleaning carpets during the day before I went to work was a very strong motive to get the hell out of the schools. Caused problems in my marriage with burning the candle at both ends and my ego that couldn't handle doing the shit janitorial work.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Not so much the job as how people treated you. My ego couldn't handle it.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
True but I was like a caged Lion!
Dealing with stupid teachers...............I still have no respect for them.

Reactions: steve_64

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Not so much the job as how people treated you. My ego couldn't handle it.

A career as a carpet cleaner and a member of MB helps you're ego how?!:lol:
My "ego" suffers every time a customer talks to my sweaty self..:redface:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It a commercial bathroom!
just go in there blazing with a pressure washer like Rambo and wash the whole thing from top to bottom-- the drain will take care of the water.
the appearance will improve greatly with less work and time--
Yes you can do a better job with a 5 step process but not at the customers price point and your need for a decent hourly rate.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

This might give you some ideas, I remember seeing it before.

Are you familiar with what "Soft Washing" is in relation to pressure washing?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I thought about buying a cheap electric pressure washer and going in with guns blazing. Not a good idea?

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Gene, I know it's not real HI Tech but with a little work, a light acid rinse on the grungy wall and giving the chems time to work you will be surprised and your customers excited. Do as Richard said and get a weekly or bi weekly commitment from your customers to service the account. The first few times will take a couple of hours but as the cleanliness improves you can go in each week for an hour or so a get them spiffed up. When things get up to par just start using a neutral cleaner every week and include a Time Mist type of fragrance gel included in the service. They will be looking forward to you coming in and taking care of something they hate to do.
Here is my go to cleaning tool
b19fa8b5-4be1-435b-9130-7288df3fe81d_400_compressed.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom