The greenest greenhorn I hope I'll ever see.....

F

FB7777

That guy has better equipment than I do.

Last big purchase for me was a new 2005 Butler for $49K

60K before your first customer with no experience in the industry is suicide to me

But college students are signing $100K stUdent loan docs with no job guarantees either . And only a 10 X 14 piece of parchment to show for it

Indentured servitude is the new America dream

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Wait a sec. If he got a Rotovac with all the accessories, that's a darn good start, for under $9k.

He could prove out his ideas on that alone. Now I know you big hose guys mock, but I proved out on an EDIC Galaxy and am still using it regularly.

Well, to each his own. One of you elephants may be buying a lot of gear at a deep discount soon...

Or he'll dig deep, figure it out and do fine. I hope that is the case.

J

JS41035

Fear and hunger motivate. If I were in a third world country with a bad back making 4 bucks a day to feed my 4 kids. That would make me worry. But a 900 buck payment isn't a death sentence. It will either force him to treat it like a business. Get busy and hustle. Or he will crash and burn quick. Better than dragging it out over a decade just because your equipment is paid of. I've talked to cleaners still in the grind after 20 years who finally figure out that they are just spinning their wheels. A bankruptcy 18 years ago would have been a mercy.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Guys it's not that bad at all.

Not the way I'd steer a new guy into the Biz but not a killer for him Biz wise either.

I have seen many(4-5) buy vortexes and aero techs as their first trucks and all but one did just fine and the other got hurt and had to sell.

As long as he has a good picture of the scenario and that it is not just easy money but that he has to work for it, he will do fine.

I have seen many of the tmt trailers for sale with less than a 200 hours because he guys just see the dollar per sq ft and Come up with a get rich plan in their head that doesn't include a lot of work. And that is the end of them.

Remember finance companies don't loose they write off against their earnings and still sell the "debt" to a collection company for "profit".

Plus then i get to buy it, so it's not a bad deal, more like a circle of life.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i don't know what used units like that go for...
but if you play yor cards right....you might could sell that unit three or maybe four times.....?

rick imby

Name
Rick
The guy obviously has liquid assets the lender can access, or a wife making good money. He may have gotten a big settlement or something also.

There was a cleaner I read about once that bought a vortex and was working for a splash and Dash company to make the payment while he developed his business. He made it out the other side. Maybe high powered equipment makes it easier to do acceptable work.....

Reactions: JS41035

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Did the subject of this thread end up getting any classes or experience from someone local to him?
Is he making it?

Last edited:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I have not heard anything at all from him. I even messaged him a few times to check on him. He asked a question or two on one of the FB groups and they were pretty much unanswered because they really just made no sense.
I do know now that he owns a Dairy Queen franchise and a Firehouse subs store as well....hopefully the money from those are carrying him over...who knows.

As for looking at my eyes....he was waaaay to nervous to notice anything but the fact that he may have royally screwed up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We looked at sandwich shops several years ago and were advised against them by our accountant.

Good money but you need a few to make it worthwhile. Plus the workforce problems were magnified with multiple locations and working with teenagers.

He basically told us to stick with what we know. Entrepreneurial drift can get the best of you if you're not careful. :redface:

Back
Top Bottom