THE LISA HOTSEAT THREAD

Discussion in 'the Hot Seat Interviews' started by bob vawter, May 27, 2008.

1. Guest

Are you where you would like to be in your business? If not, where would you like to be? Multi truck? A Vortex equipped with a Roto Vac? In the office and NO Carpet cleaning? A thinner more fit husband?

j/k Greenie! :lol:
  2. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    No, I'm not where I would like to be with the business. We won't even be able to begin bringing it to a level we would be happy with until the HRI monkey is off our backs.

Jeff and I have quit or fired each other 1,000 times, working with a spouse or other family is extremely challenging. Business issues work into the personal relationship and personal issues infiltrate the business relationship.

Take care,
    Lisa
  3. Jim Pemberton
    Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.

Name:
    Jim Pemberton
    I'm teaching the rest of the week, and am on lunch break right now.

If I could ever convince you to be a trainer (you'd be great!)
    what things would you want to say in class that you've never heard said, and wish the trainer would tell the students (assume no IICRC policing is involved!)
  4. Scott
    Scott

Hi Lisa -

How is the HRI ordeal coming along? Will it be over soon and what do you expect will happen?

Our industry owes you and Greenie a debt of gratitude for fighting the good fight.

Scott
  5. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    I guess it would depend on what the subject I was teaching was. I'd like to see much more in-depth classes on low moisture cleaning which I feel is not taught well enough. Too many guys know just enough to get them in trouble. Current classes do not teach or address these methods well at all.

The industry has experienced a huge jump in chemistry, technology and methodology and current training available does not adequately address or explain it. In fact, most instructors today are not up on the newest information, they have never used it, and if they are even aware of it, they often don't fully understand it. At this point the bulletin boards and a very few progressive suppliers are the only sources for the latest information.

I would stress that while technical knowledge and the best chems and equipment will make you a better cleaner, it won't make you a successful business. Of all the instructors I've ever had, only Doug Heiferman pushed that learning how to run a business is more important than how good a cleaner you are. We need a lot more GOOD business classes for new owner/op's.

I would also stress that we are a part of this industry and have an obligation to see that it represents us well. It is our duty to help bring the level of service and professionalism up, to push for better representation with the mills, retailers and consumer groups. And to be watchdogs of our associations and certifying bodies. We can't blame these entities for poor performance, inbreeding, self-serving, etc. if we remain fractured and apathetic. Get involved, ask questions, don't be afraid to rock the boat once in a while. If the boat can't take a little rocking it aint seaworthy.

Take care,
    Lisa
  6. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    What did your prior career teach you about the heart and souls of your average man?

Are those "average" men?

Would you ever date or marry a guy who would frequent a strip club?

As much as I love boobs I feel real uncomfortable in that atmosphere.
    Mostly due to the creepiness of the"men" there. Followed by the pity, guilt and shame I associate with the younger girls.

For you what would be more degrading, wraping your leggs around a Stage Poll or a Stanley Steamer wand?
  7. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    OK.....following that thought....one time we was cleaning a local gentlemens club early on Sunday morning......so i thought it would be funny to offer my helper some money...to lic the pole!

10 bucks and i got a great story to tell to yous all here!

It was worth the ten bucks to see him wash his tongue off under the faucet.........
  8. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    Our case is doing REALLY well at the moment.

Mytee's case is moving along like a freight train in the right direction.

I would expect to see either of these cases wrapped up in the next 3-4 months.

Dri-Eaz's case, while doing fine, is about a year behind the others.

Once one of these cases puts the disputed patents in public domain, all cases will be over. That is the direction all are heading at this point.

I can't wait to forget everything I've learned about patent law.

Take care,
    Lisa
  9. Bob Foster
    Bob Foster

Why Lisa, the way I figure it you and Greenie have quite a few more inventions up your sleeves.
  10. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    That men are far more fragile emotionally and ego-wise than women.

The "regulars" are not average at all. The rest are a mix of regular guys in a vulnerable time in their lives, out to party with the guys, or just curious.

I met Greg, my late husband, at the club, he was a DJ/Bouncer there. But as far as customers, I don't think I would want to date or marry a guy who frequents strip clubs.

The Pink Lady was a bikini bar. Not topless or nude, so we didn't get the real creepo's. What most people assume is that that dancers are (or should be) degraded by the work. That's all wrong, that work gives a woman a sense of power and control that is addicting. I saw many girls who stayed, not for the money but for the rush. It's a very potent power trip. If anything I always saw it as degrading to the men who were willing to pay for the illusion that these girls had any interest in them whatsoever and/or to see a little skin.

There are 2 P's in wrapping and 1 G in legs. It's pole not poll. I never wrapped my legs around a SS wand, and don't know why anyone but Clood would. So assuming you mean which job is more degrading I would say neither. Both had their good points and bad points, but CCing was a far healthier environment in all ways.

Take care,
    Lisa
  11. B&BGaryC
    B&BGaryC

Name:
    B&BGaryC
    I thought you guys had already won the lawsuit. I just now realized you guys got HRI on you still.
  12. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    I've got an appointment this afternoon and won't be back in the office. See you guys tomorrow morning!

Take care,
    Lisa
  13. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    whuda gal.......!
  14. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    I'll blayme my speling on the Iburofins

and my hand was shaking asking those penthouse forum type questions..
  15. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    ~What was the nastiest situation you ever found in your section 8 days?

~Where will Green Glides be in two years assuming the HR case goes you way?
    And if it doesn't?

~Five members from here on a desert island for a year, name them...

~What was the biggest mistakes you made concerning raising your kids?

~Define the perfect husband.

~If you had unlimited funds to create and stock the ultimate carpet cleaning truck what would it consist of?

~Why don't you like Shawn York?

~ What one place do you have to visit before you die?
  16. B&BGaryC
    B&BGaryC

Name:
    B&BGaryC
    If you wrote a book called titled "Everything I needed to know I learned from Gary", how many pages would it be?
  17. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    I did a suicide where the guy sat in a chair and put a gun in his mouth and blew his brains all over the popcorn ceiling. Human brains look like chicken fat.

I did a murder scene. the police removed the carpet for evidence, but there were blood splatters on the wall and a bloody handprint that slid down the wall as the person collapsed.

I did a house where there was trash piled to the ceiling in every bedroom, broken windows and glass shards everywhere. The utilities had been off for months and they were using 5 gallon buckets as toilets....but not emptying them, roaches everywhere. Then in the middle of the kitchen floor was a tub of ready-made icing with a small child's finger impressions in it where the child had sat on that floor, in that house and eaten icing as they were leaving. That one made me cry.

Dead pets left locked and abandoned in houses with no, or not enough food and water and no way to escape. I found a small kitten stuck to a glue rat trap, 1/3 of her skin was "melted" away, she was in agony. The vet couldn't save her.

The conditions of the houses or the carpets were not nearly as disturbing as the human condition.

That depends on who wins the internal, eternal power struggle...lol. Actually we have let our customers guide the direction and the focus of the business and that has served us well. we will be serving the needs of our customers, whatever path that may take us down.

We will have Scott W's job at BP...actually that is a scenario we have never let ourselves go down.

Mike P., Jim P., Larry C., Chavez........and Marty.

?
    Having a penchant for "fixer-upper" husbands.

Plastic, with a lifetime supply of batteries. Really, you are asking ME!?!? I guess they would be honest, intelligent, trustworthy, empathetic, caring, hard-working, affectionate a dynamo in bed and hornier than a 3-peckered dog.

Michael Schoeny could just sign his truck over to me. It don't get much better than that.

Shawn's okay, I just get the impression he sees women as inflatable sex toys. He has a "salesman" personality that turns me off at times.

Wow, so many places I'd love to see....India, Australia, the Polynesian Islands, Egypt, Africa, Switzerland...but I guess I would have to say Alaska.

Take care,
    Lisa
  18. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    I don't know, I'd have to meet you first!

Take care,
    Lisa
  19. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Four legged Marty or the one who wears Pink ball caps?
  20. truckmount girl
    truckmount girl

1800greenglides

Name:
    Lisa Smith
    Pink ball cap Marty. You asked for a MB memeber.

Take care,
    Lisa