The OP method

Mark Roberts

Over here in the UK HWE is the norm with almost no OP method available although there are a few rotary methods.

Question is Ive watched the videos but is OP really that good, fast, thorough, dry etc.

80% of the carpets I clean are wool or a wool blend so is OP safe for wool twist carpets.

For those who have TM and OP how do you choose which method to use and why.

Ive a little oreck but I think its rubbish compared to HWE even with a portable.

thanks
Mark

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're going to get folks like John Guerkink who will tell you that you can use OP cleaning for every situation in every environment and it will out perform hwe hands down. And, then you will get die hard hwe guys who have never tried OP cleaning who will tell you OP sucks.

I'm primarily a hwe cleaner who owns an OP machine that is gathering dust in a back corner of my office.

You want it?

G

Are you giving it away and shipping it for free? Send it my way, Marty....

We are about 95% OP VLM......

OP is great for light to moderate soil loads....heavy soil loads can be done by OP, I just don't have the time, endless supply of pads & gallons of Cyclone chemical to do it...

Notice I said heavy soil loads...not grease, grime, foot traffic...OP will clean these up great...we do section 8 Apts. that are trashed...so we know dirty...some just have to be done with a flush...

Our residential clients are mostly mid to higher end, and the kid traffic or pet stains are the problems, and we have great success with OP there....

Learn which method will work best for that situation, and don't be stubborn headed about it........

The new pads that John Geurkink has come out with make using the OP machines a lot better, and one of the major cleaning chems that we use has a neutral to 8 ph which is fine for wool....

John cleans a lot of wall to wall wool with his machines and process, including the old state capital building that had I believe 100 year old wool wall to wall....

diamond brian

I'm not an OP guy. However, I did visit a nice lady the other day with an expensive wool rug that was completely totaled by Chem-Dry. I would advise against using OP on wool.

dallasdj

I used OP for the first time yesterday and will never again use it.

Used Vac-a-way ENC-DS and a Challenger...never again, it's retarded.

Absolutely and completely RETARTED!

My custy was laughing at me vibrating his floor.

Maybe as a prescrubber or an anchor, but never as a sole cleaner.

G

I bet you looked really professional the first time you picked up a wand, too...

Why would you try a new method out at a customer's home instead of at yours?

Did you use the correct pad and/or glider combo?

Sounds like inexperienced operator error.....

My 12 year old daughter runs one of our machines...without any problem...and they're not the low powered low oscillating Challengers either....

Al

We are primarily HWE but use OP as well. Sometimes stand alone, or as a combo method with HWE.

GRHeacock

It is another tool- or weapon in your arsenal.

Nothing is perfect. The process works just fine- with some practice.

Go for it, I say.

Gary

John G

swissarmyknife1.jpg

Its a tool!

But you still have to know how to use it.

Dallas DJ, I can tell you, the equipment wasn't the problem on the job!

[/url]

John G

I'm primarily a hwe cleaner who owns an OP machine that is gathering dust in a back corner of my office.

Beware guys who have to keep changing from method to method because they can not seem to master ANY of them!

We do wool all the time, knowledge of what you are doing is the same with all methods. You have to KNOW what you are doing.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You're beginning to reach a little far in your efforts to quell my appraisal of your system. Since you have never seen me clean in my daily life, you surely can't expect us to believe you're a guru on my cleaning abilities, too.

Having the money, and options to try new things, and stay abreast of the changes in the industry is not a liability. It's an asset.

You should try it and see if you can't do a little better than the 40 year old system you are stuck using.

John G

You're beginning to reach a little far in your efforts to quell my appraisal of your system. Since you have never seen me clean in my daily life, you surely can't expect us to believe you're a guru on my cleaning abilities, too.

Having the money, and options to try new things, and stay abreast of the changes in the industry is not a liability. It's an asset.

You should try it and see if you can't do a little better than the 40 year old system you are stuck using.

First of all, I am no guru, gurus are guys who quit learning a long time ago.
However, you continue to "assess" something of which you either are NO GOOD at, or something you do not care to learn about, your assessments are in direct opposition to what I and most padders see daily, so placing any real value on those assessments would be suspect.

No, I have not seen you in your daily cleaning, however, I post probably MORE pictures of "daily" cleaning than anyone. Now either I am a liar and a cheat, or your assessments are very shortsighted at best.

Then your last two paragraphs show much more ignorance than knowledge, the last few years have totally changed padding from what it once was. The newer machines, the new cleaning products and now the new pads, there is nothing OLD about the method i use at all, in fact, there has been MUCH more improvements in the method I use compared to the one YOU use.

Seems to me this pig farmer just gets real touchy and pissy after a woman put him in his place.

G

I am constantly amazed at his ability to keep a straight face while presenting his system.

I AM NOT the Administrator....PERIOD!

Trust me sweetheart, i'll pull out!

The check is IN the mail!

FOOL ME ONCE...CAN'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's just shampoo PadPrick. Making the machine vibrate doesn't change the fact that it still just goes round and round and uses a cotton pad to "extract."

Of course, selling them changes a persons perspective a bit, right?

G

I just hate it when 2 of my heroes fight...

And then, boB chimes in......

dallasdj

BullS#!t, I used it because of the hype...same reason I bought 2.5" hoses for my new TM. If so many people like it there must be something up.

Used both cotton/poly pads and synthetic encap pads. Tried both holy and solid-smooth glide.

It's worthless. I'll stick to my 175 for scrubbing and Cimex for glue-downs. This OP stuff is for those who cannot afford a good TM IMO.

I think it's unscrupulous and unprofessional. It distorts the hell out of the fibers...what else can I say.

Mikey P

Administrator
Considering that when it comes down to it, only my opinion really matters for anything around here, I think Marty should send me his OP so I can give it a whirl for a while.

John will pay the shipping and handling I assume.

John G

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:16 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BullS#!t, I used it because of the hype...same reason I bought 2.5" hoses for my new TM. If so many people like it there must be something up.

Used both cotton/poly pads and synthetic encap pads. Tried both holy and solid-smooth glide.

It's worthless. I'll stick to my 175 for scrubbing and Cimex for glue-downs. This OP stuff is for those who cannot afford a good TM IMO.

I think it's unscrupulous and unprofessional. It distorts the hell out of the fibers...what else can I say.

Another three year know it all!

Guys that spew like Dallas are just the type of guys I like to stop by and embarrass a bit!

As for Porkbutt, it is just a 'bama thing.. as for Bob.. WHO CARES?

Fon Johnson

ROFLMAO!

I think everyone should go stand in front of a mirror for half an hour. When you point your finger, you have 3 pointing back at you.

G

John..who was embarrassed when ya stopped by my house?

You wouldn't even TRY it.......!

yepper....ya really showed ME!!!

G

You don't want Marty's OP machine Mikey...it's got the wrong pad driver on it...and you would have to spend some money to get the correct one for it...

And we know you don't want to turn loose of any green.....

At least for an OP machine...

danpauselius

To say an OP machine is useless is ridiculous. I run a good sized TM and have had to drag out the old OP machine a couple of times. The results were FAR superior to either system on its own.

I've used OP and HWE as stand alone systems. Both have their place, but when the carpet is an absolute disaster, it's the only way to get it done. Solid agitation and a great flushing will get more soil out of the carpet ... period.

This was after using Chemeister's grease aggressor with my Thermal Wave.

100_2251.jpg

This was after running the OP over it and just extracting.

100_2252.jpg

Mike Hogan

Good post Dan..........we also use OP on all our trucks for the very same reason.............to say it doesn't work speaks more about operator
error rather than the method.

Even though we run tm's,I OP my home on a regular basis,and it has
never failed me yet.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have to agree with Dan

I have a couple of dental offices that I clean the vct floors and carpets every 4 months. I OP cleaned both of them for the first time in the 3+ years I have been doing them. Both carpet are olefin and have a slight sculptured pattern to both of them, one of them is carpet tiles made from recycled pop bottles

Got a call from both office managers saying they never looked so good, I think I will clean them this way all the time

I have a few accounts that I clean quarterly. I know that when I OP clean them it takes a 2 month before the traffic pattern starts to show in the hallways, 1 month after HWE

I think some of you would be surprised to find what is still there in commercial carpet after you HWE clean it no matter how good it looks, even your rat nasty residentials

Rex Tyus

I know I shouldn't get into this because I will probably be misunderstood. I just can't help myself.

Dan a degreaser would not be my choice for an office :shock: You have ground in dirt.
Second if you would have prescrubed with a rotary or an op you would have gotten better results with the hwe.

I think it is completely ridiculous to always post the pictures of spray and suck then spray suck and scrub. I wish someone would just once post a pic of a pad scrub followed by a high flow high recovery extraction right smack ass in the middle of the pad scrubbed area. Let it dry and you will see the difference. Of course combination methods will out perform single methods.

I am not saying op is useless. I actually agree with John G knife illustration. It is a tool.

And that is all I have to say about that.

danpauselius

Actually, that was grease in the carpet. That door in the back went into an enormous mechanical room that had grease all over the floor. The first pic was pre-spray and extraction. The second was after running OP over it and then extracting.

Unfortunately, I don't have pics to show you what you're talking about. I'll try and get some next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom