The OP method

R

R W

I keep my Conqueror on the truck, right in front of the RX20, for those nasty commercial dirt traps that just won't come clean. Also, I ain't draggin' out 300 feet of hose for a 10 story, 2 office cleaning.

I do want to try the new pads that John has.

G

Dan.. the first pic looks like you didnt extract except maybe on the left side.. whats the deal?

danpauselius

To the best of my recollection, that pic was after I pre-sprayed and extracted but I may be wrong. (It was a while ago and that was the day I wrecked my trailer so I had other things on my mind, LOL)

I used a cotton pad so I don't know if that would count as pre-scrubbing or not since it picks up some of the soil.

Here's EXACTLY what I did:

1. Pre-sprayed with grease aggressor.
2. Extracted using Thermal Wave and glided CMP wand

Didn't like the results at all.

3. Grabbed the OP machine and went over it with a damp cotton pad.
4. Extracted again.

Final picture is shown.

Clark

Dolomite

Your OP should be smooth. Send it to me I will repair it (NO CHARGE)

Clark

Clark

Mikey, I will bring you an OP (Our new Defender) to play with at Connections. You can make your own evaluation. You can pass it around to others if you like.

Clark

Mike Brummett

First few times I tried it, it took a while to get past the "jiggling". (oscillation). I had a Challenger for a short time and the Conquerers ar much smoother running, so that could be part of your problem with it.
Also, if you cut your teeth on a 175 Rotary, an orbital machine will be harder for you to get used to. It's a different animal.
OP is an excellent tool that will help you be a better cleaner and make you more money. I STILL get calls from folks, on occasion who INSIST they want NO steam, they want "dry" cleaning, and there is absolutely no convincing them. I don't have to pass those jobs up, I can give them what they want. You won't find anything out there that is a better machine for pre-agitation, and if you haven't post padded an olefin or polyester job yet, you're missing out.

My opinion is that every cleaner needs to at least try for a while and give it a fair shot, before writing it off as a gimmick.

In the same way, we all need to be careful about thinking that any single method or tool is the magic bullet for every carpet.
You can throw around that you have "Mastered" something, but so what.

A true Master is one who exercises humility and realizes that there is always something new to learn, and you can learn from anyone and everyone. By contrast, someone who is arrogant is convinced that he is smarter than anyone else and already knows everything there is to know.

MIKE

G

I didn't see the new machine on your website Clark...do you have some specs or photos?

Mikey P

Administrator
Well that's a heck of an offer.

Do you think they'll let me take it on the plane?

Will it survive the trip?

Do you have a box that it can be flown in?
or should I buy it a seat of it's own?

Clark

If you clean the isle they will let you take it on. Or maybe we should ship it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think you better ship it out.

I am actually excited about giving it a go.

I always have a big fear that my 175 is gonna die on me someday. I would have a heck of a time getting through a average day with out it.

A OP makes more sense to have around then another 175.

I have a number of jobs off the top of my head (insert big hed joke) that I would love to give it a go on.

What size machine are we talking about Clark?

dallasdj

John G, your drink too much of that bathtub moonshine.

I was a Drycon Franchisee for two years b/f HWE. My recivitism rate made me see the light on low moisture on residential.

Besides the CImex runs circles around your "embarrassing" ass on commercial glue down, having one for only 3 years. You should know better having been is business for 33 yrs, rookies can out-clean you.

Your method is second rate to HWE. It's just too abrasive.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I can't use my OP in any residential for fear of knocking things off the wall because of vibration.But it does work okay on CGD for bonneting out spots before I HWE.

I'd like to also see the defender model with the large "Guiding" wheels.

It vibrated so bad that the motor's fan blade came off under the motor's cover.

Clark

Dolomite, You can't feel a Defender running. Your machine needs to be balanced.

G

He's not balanced himself....why should his machine be?

Fix him first Clark, then have a go at his machine...

Mikey P

Administrator
OP%20front.jpg

Is this what you're proposing?

17" would be great.

Clark

No that is a 15"OP. I have one more pass to make on a Rug Revolution cylinder and I will make some pix. It looks like a CX. But the handle is moved back. It run smoother than a CX. The handle back will not support the tank and solution.

Clark

I tried 1 and 1 1/2 hp buffer motors from GE, Howell and Imperial. They died in 4 to 6 months. I had to replace every one. I still have 30 in my inventory. The motor I use now is made for my use. Buffer motors a geared down from 1800 rpms to 175. OP is at 1800. I have had to eat enough motors to know what will work. 3/4hp for a 17" OP is more than enough power.

John G

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John G, your drink too much of that bathtub moonshine.

I was a Drycon Franchisee for two years b/f HWE. My recivitism rate made me see the light on low moisture on residential.

Besides the CImex runs circles around your "embarrassing" ass on commercial glue down, having one for only 3 years. You should know better having been is business for 33 yrs, rookies can out-clean you.

Your method is second rate to HWE. It's just too abrasive.

All you have told me so far is you are NOT GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO....
Also, if you prefer Cimex, over OP, now I know you ain't too bright either.

Dallas, you are a funny guy, now you TELL ME YOU WHO can outclean me, ever see my work? So from WHAT do you make that judgement?

If I pass through Dallas, I give you a lesson!

Rex Tyus

I used a cotton pad so I don't know if that would count as pre-scrubbing or not since it picks up some of the soil.

Here's EXACTLY what I did:

1. Pre-sprayed with grease aggressor.
2. Extracted using Thermal Wave and glided CMP wand

Didn't like the results at all.

3. Grabbed the OP machine and went over it with a damp cotton pad.
4. Extracted again.

Final picture is shown.

If you extracted after you scrubbed I would consider it a pre-scrub whether it was with a round towel , brush or pad. Some will probably prefer to call it pre padding lol. Potato, Potahtoe if you ask me.

In offices I prefer to prescub with a red vct pad. Does wonders for the plastic mat line.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom