The Times Are A-Changin'

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
I wrote a little blog post on our website about change and the new HydraMaster xDrive:

http://tcdepot.com/the-times-are-a-changin/

It seems like in this industry more than others, individuals have a hard time with change. I've had customers who have tried the same exact product that was private labeled in a different bottle and said it wasn't as good as the product he was used to. It's a very interesting quirk in our industry, and I really think HydraMaster is making a machine that is going to change this industry.

I was also able to work in Bob Dylan into the blog post, so you should check it out for that reason alone.

Matt Stein
The Cleaner's Depot

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If it is 60 grand plus the van. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice knowing you..

For 80 grand a guy can possibly set up TWO nice vans, with equal or better performance slide-ins.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
DJCarpetCleaning said: ↑
I heard the xdrive has a hefty 60k price tag, not including the van. Any truth to that?
I don't think the price has been completely finalized yet, but I believe it's going to be closer to that 60k with the van included.

An "old school salesman" who I knew when I was a young man would have said this:

"Is the thought of it being 60 grand plus the van your only objection? Really? I mean....are you sure?

If they guy said: "Heck yeah that's my only problem...that's way too much!"

He'd then say: "If I can get you a van and unit for 60 grand, do I have an order?"

He got a lot of "hell no" comments from people with that aggressive approach to price objections, but he also closed a lot of sales.

I'm not sure how that would work in 2016, but I smile when I see price objections bandied about. Mike just loved to get it down to "just one thing".

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare
F

FB7777

On the surface from what little I have seen, the X drive is a possible solution to a future problem if and when Chevy no longer allows driveshaft through fire wall installation

Nothing revolutionary , power transfer from a running van is old technology.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Our industry is resistant to change? How do you account for the meteoric acceptance of new extraction tools: REs, CBRs, Zippers, etc.?

Seems to me that Hydramaster is just adapting to the new limited van platforms, which is cool. Only time will tell whether the X-thing is better or worse than Bawb's Steam Genie in a church van. You're criticizing our industry for being resistant to an unproven system?

Ps. Computerized control is a good thing?

Reactions: Zee
Name
Nate W.
....says Johnny using his computerized smartphone, driving his computerized van, while sitting at a computer controlled traffic light, as an aircraft flies overhead on (computer controlled) autopilot. Face it, computers are probably not just a passing fad....

:biggrin:

Rage against the machine!!

Reactions: dgardner

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Accidently hit the delete bar while editing for syntax. Admin, feel free to make my post reappear, if you are so inclined.

Who is going to clean carpet after the EMP hits? Vawter.

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Since the EMP will take out the van anyway, the industry will be overrun with portys hauled around by guys on bicycles....

Reactions: rick imby

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Admittedly, my '66 Mustang runs better with electronic ignition. But I've had to replace the chip twice within the past year, at $140 a pop. Sometimes won't restart after shutting down. Very inconvenient. Would be even more inconvenient for a truckmount. Glad I kept the original distributor.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
with the SS 370 being the biggest seller I think the manufacturers are failing to understand the demographics of carpet cleaners.-- most cleaners are "price-shoppers"

Most cleaners want an inexpensive machine-- that is "good enough". Most cleaners are not "Size whores" like I have been in the past.
Most of our jobs are about 125ft from the TM and we rarely go dual wand--

A prospect/ customer has rarely asked about our equipment.

The Xdrive isn't a true electric TM because it still needs the van to be running== burning up fuel..

I think the future is in the Slide in TMs-- and PTO's will go by by as Van's get more expensive or PTO unfriendly.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Since the EMP will take out the van anyway, the industry will be overrun with portys hauled around by guys on bicycles....

carpet cleaning portable bike.jpg

F

FB7777

Didn't mean to " Torpedo" the xDrive ( BMW is laughing right now btw )

Hopefully for Hydramasters sake, their Tucker isn't overpriced and grossly undersold

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks, Matt for the info . . .

As a builder of some Electric TM's, I would like some clarification on how the X-drive is 100 times the power of the Mytee ETM, which has equivalent vacuum to a #33 blower, General pump @ 900 PSI, 35 GPM Pump-Out and HX from the Van cooling system.

That would mean it FAR outperforms the AeroTech, Mikey.

I don't think so !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom