The ultimate hose tantrum..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Crazy couple of weeks here. Sucking up muddy messes, nasty hoses, extra hoses, frozen in the mud hoses, yet nice homes that require extra care in handling them.

Flu bug making me feel like crap, Jon off for same. Yes everything gets stuffed in the truck and shop, but I got the work done.

Now to catch up, clean up, and reorganize while facing even worse weather THIS week.

Name
Jeff T
Why not just use the plain plastic connectors? You guys seem to be making it more complicated.
Have you ever measured the inside diameter?..... just for fun, do it , then measure the inside diameter of a hose cuff.... then tell me you are NOT losing suction.....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Saiger, Tom and my chimps all toss en, I have a real hard time believing Jim doesn't either

hate to disappoint you...but not my style...I hate fighting hoses...I have swivel starter cuffs...so it does not twist...I have one about 15 feet from the wand...so it can swivel and not twist on me....I do everything in my power to manage the hoses as best I can...I always pull them back and stage them...never ever just toss them around and watch them get all tangled up...

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare
Name
Lee Stockwell
I also have swivel cuffs, electric hose reels, and a good routine of hose management. I NEVER drag hoses in a home....(blah blah and blah.)

....yet "...it happens", situations that cause you to break your good intentions. This was one of those weeks. It happens.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Crazy couple of weeks here. Sucking up muddy messes, nasty hoses, extra hoses, frozen in the mud hoses, yet nice homes that require extra care in handling them.

Flu bug making me feel like crap, Jon off for same. Yes everything gets stuffed in the truck and shop, but I got the work done.

Now to catch up, clean up, and reorganize while facing even worse weather THIS week.

we had a few rainy days here...and it never fails...I am going to be on wet dirt sometime before it is over...when that happens.......my lead hose that is 50 feet...after I am done I pick up the figure 8 and lay the length in the back of the truck...it does not get drug across the ground...I carry towels by the reels to wipe everything else off as it gets reeled in...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
so how many of you are willing to admit to having tantrums at the end of the day when all your hoses are tangled, you're beat down tired, shits a mess and you've had enough?

Throw in super cold and the fits are practically daily!

Actually, I often feel that way before the job starts...

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

Well Mike you did ask " So if I were to use the old school cuffs vs leaking swivel cuffs would it equal the gain of Dev wand on my rig? "
You did ask me that you know

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Heard ya can put a saran wrap around the leaky cuff? Anybody into that kind of hillbilly ingenuity?

Reactions: SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
If i carry hose or line, any kind that not reeled: garden hose, power cords, etc..over and in is a must for me... But after working with mike, i learned quickly that messy arrangements of hoses does piss me off.. i know what my future is like...

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
so how many of you are willing to admit to having tantrums at the end of the day when all your hoses are tangled, you're beat down tired, shits a mess and you've had enough?

our official company name for it is "hose rage"

and ya, it definitely happens lol

Reactions: Mikey P

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
While we are talking about cuffs.... My setup is 100 ft of solid 2inch first off the truck, everything else is 2.5 inch. My 2-2.5 inch connector thats on that hose connects directly to the 2.5 inch port on my truck. My question is is their a similar connector that allows me to do the same thing with cool cuffs? I thought I'd try cool cuffs on my new setup but nothing I'm finding has an easy 2-2.5 connection. This is a major flaw of cool cuffs unless I am missing something.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
While we are talking about cuffs.... My setup is 100 ft of solid 2inch first off the truck, everything else is 2.5 inch. My 2-2.5 inch connector thats on that hose connects directly to the 2.5 inch port on my truck. My question is is their a similar connector that allows me to do the same thing with cool cuffs? I thought I'd try cool cuffs on my new setup but nothing I'm finding has an easy 2-2.5 connection. This is a major flaw of cool cuffs unless I am missing something.

There is a pound in reducer for the 2.5 inch that you then screw on a 2 inch male.

Super easy and convenient for us

Reactions: TConway

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am pretty much also in agreement that I hate hoses in my way and even when using a zipper I always have my hoses organized so they stay out of the way.

We also start to take off any hose not needed as we start to get closer to the van.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m guilty. I also suffer from closet door rage. Yesterday I totally lost it when everytime I tried to move the closet sliding door it fell off the tracks. I ended up going nuts.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I once had a crazy customer that told me I wasn’t up to date on the latest methods. She saw me messing with the hoses and asked me why I wasn’t using the transporter method of cleaning. She said it was now possible to clean with just the wand. The water was magically transported from the van and the extracted debris was transported back to the waste tank, just like in Star Trek. It didn’t take me long to figure out she was bonkers.

Last edited:
Reactions: vibra-vacster

steve_64

I once had a crazy customer that told me I wasn’t up to day on the latest methods. She saw me messing with the hoses and asked me why I wasn’t using the transporter method of cleaning. She said it was now possible to clean with just the wand. The water was magically transported from the van and the extracted debris was transported back to the waste tank, just like in Star Trek. It didn’t take me long to figure out she was bonkers.
The last cleaner lied to her. Lol

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I believe I have that but my dilemma that flash cuffs address's is that the 2-2.5 female easily connects with my 2.5 starter cuff. If i only need my 2 inch hose I'm not having to have a seperate port available and worry about capping and uncapping my other ports. Cool cuffs would work if I always used both 2 and 2.5 inch hose so it had more of a permanent connection.

Mikey P

Administrator
I believe I have that but my dilemma that flash cuffs address's is that the 2-2.5 female easily connects with my 2.5 starter cuff. If i only need my 2 inch hose I'm not having to have a seperate port available and worry about capping and uncapping my other ports. Cool cuffs would work if I always used both 2 and 2.5 inch hose so it had more of a permanent connection.

You need this 2.5 to 2" reducer, hook it to your tank than run a short piece of 2" vac hose to a 2" male/starter

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH217

Last edited:
Reactions: Nomad74

Mrice

Name
Mat
I hate it when the solution hose gets wrapped up on the vac hose and won't let do when wrapping it up at the the end of the day...or when you have to park at an angle 90 degrees or more from your vac hose reel so you're reeling it in around the corner.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I sing the stupid chimp song under my breath! All while the dark side fills my heart with thoughts of retribution.

Reactions: Newman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom