The ultimate hose tantrum..

Ron K

I heard the more loops and turns the less airflow. We always keep our Vac hose with as little twists and turns as possible.
Less hurdles. Figure 8 looks really loopie!

Reactions: hogjowl

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What got missed in all that is they didn't leak and you could tell the difference. It all comes down to is it worth the trade offs. 2.5" hose makes a difference but if all you ever pull is 150' is with worth the cost and the PIA, Swivel locking cuffs are nice but the leak so are they worth having over better dry times? Its all a decision each needs to make but now you have your own answers as to how much leaky cuffs can affect dry times

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
You need this 2.5 to 2" reducer, hook it to your tank than run a short piece of 2" vac hose to a 2" male/starter

https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AH217
I have that and am currently using it. My issue was I wanted to try cool cuffs on the new van and they dont have anything like that so I have a whole set of cool cuffs I cant use and just ordered a bunch more flash cuffs. Although the new flash cuffs I ordered dont snap together super well. They are always coming apart, Hoping its just a break in thing.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I heard the more loops and turns the less airflow. We always keep our Vac hose with as little twists and turns as possible.
Less hurdles. Figure 8 looks really loopie!

its not laid that way to use...its staged that way to help manage them from room to room...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
so how many of you are willing to admit to having tantrums at the end of the day when all your hoses are tangled, you're beat down tired, shits a mess and you've had enough?

only tantrums I've ranted over are when the yawks pile the hoses up in a jumbled mess .
You'd think they'd figure it out
But apparently some folks are too stupid ...

It ain't rocket science to manage hoses in such a way they're not a PITA to roll up

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The only Tantrum I had this week was watching my 15 year old nephew trying to roll up the hoses. I snapped!

He sits on his ass most of the job, and the only time he needs to really do a decent job...and his 15year old idiocy switch turns on.

I know I sound like an ass saying that, but he's one of those kids that just needs to get a job doing something totally opposite of manual labor

Reactions: Nomad74 and hogjowl

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The only Tantrum I had this week was watching my 15 year old nephew trying to roll up the hoses. I snapped!

He sits on his ass most of the job, and the only time he needs to really do a decent job...and his 15year old idiocy switch turns on.

I know I sound like an ass saying that, but he's one of those kids that just needs to get a job doing something totally opposite of manual labor

Its time for Jim to start making some changes...find someone and get off the truck....pretty sure this is when mine are going to kick in.........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
so how many of you are willing to admit to having tantrums at the end of the day when all your hoses are tangled, you're beat down tired, shits a mess and you've had enough?

I've been entangled so bad it's taken me to the ground and ibe had to fight my way out ..

The screaming and cussing landed me two more jobs from people asking if I was okay

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
i was thinking of this thread yesterday as we are dragging hoses through piles (feet) of snow and ice....and then fighting to keep it organized in a smaller older home with less than 3 foot wide hallways, trying to keep corner guards in place to protect, and just the tightness of the home (3 levels also)....

and then the cold makes it more miserable and the vac hoses are just a bitch to work with....

Then...you wrap up the hoses you have outside...and the van is loaded with snow again dragging in.... :cry: :dejection:

Then add -25 degrees below zero...and I can't tell you how much it kicks the crap out of you!

I swear part Mountain Goat would be a help :errf:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Hey Mark, have you thought about putting an open male QC on all your tools before and after the jobs to keep the water line open, just in case it freezes, and do you leave your solution hose open on the reel also?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Don’t give Mark advice on cold weather cleaning.
You’re from Georgia
Idiot
I'm not. I just saw that he didn't open up the water lines on his tools and hoses, and was wondering if he did that. I know it was a video for his hoses, but I'm just passing along advice from my truckmount mechanic to all of us. I think it should be a good habit to have, especially in that crazy cold weather up in Mark's area.

steve_64

Ive had one person who just got a, Lisa the one who looked like Chavez's daughter. I never even had to kick a hose when she helped me. I never had to say a word

My daughter was good too. With a great helper you don't need corner guards.

Most people have one speed and will never hustle to keep up with hoses and go to the truck for stuff.

Slowing down doesn't help neither. They just slow right down with you. I need a tech also.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I've been entangled so bad it's taken me to the ground and ibe had to fight my way out ..

The screaming and cussing landed me two more jobs from people asking if I was okay
Me too

DamnHose.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson

Mark you really need to carry a roll of this on the truck. Roll it out and keep the hose off the snow. http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/product-p/cs-30-100.htm

Reactions: Mark Saiger

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The problem with that is when you roll that up it gets covered in snow too.

Mark does it right by keeping lead hoses that get get rolled up inside.
Not if you do it right. And the back side of that mat is plastic nothing is coming through it and it shakes off easy. If we had any snow I’d make a video...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ive had one person who just got a, Lisa the one who looked like Chavez's daughter. I never even had to kick a hose when she helped me. I never had to say a word

My daughter was good too. With a great helper you don't need corner guards.

Most people have one speed and will never hustle to keep up with hoses and go to the truck for stuff.

Slowing down doesn't help neither. They just slow right down with you. I need a tech also.
Best 2 employees I ever had were women. They seem to listen to what you say and get it the first time. They are not afraid to ask questions.

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

Winter is hard enough. But Id like to get some of that for inside the home.

Name
Lee Stockwell
send some to Mark, let HIM make the video?

Reactions: Nomad74 and hogjowl

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Winter is hard enough. But Id like to get some of that for inside the home.
Call the office or you can order it online. I go into for surgery at 7:30 tomorrow morning so I’ll be out for at least 2 weeks but Josh can take care if you. There are two types the pro you can vacuum and Is what we sell the post of the other is cheaper but works fine unless you on a restoration job and have lots of dry wall dust and debris. Calling will get you the most accurate shipping discounts too.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom