The Wand Window...

Mikey P

Administrator
When the water stops flowing through that window is only telling you that you have sucked out all the water that your vacuum at the moment can handle. I Have a clear tube on my wand, was cleaning carpet doing dry strokes until no more water was being sucked up the wand. Thinking it is doing really good, decided to feel the carpet and my hand came up wet, not damp, wet. Wondered what was going on, went out to the machine and my vac hose was running in front of the exhaust on the machine and had collapsed. They are nice to have but can't be the only indicator how dry the carpet is. And if the customer is watching on a real nasty and the water still looks a little murky on your last stroke.

Yeah, that what you get for over spraying with too heavly mixed juice so that you can skip pre scrubbing, Skippy........

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
On that particular job I used a RE and was finishing with a quick wand stroke. I deal with a lot of sand, the RE will leave sand on the surface of the carpet, a quick wand stroke needed.

Reactions: Mikey P

Ron K

The window you all should be worried about is your customers peaking out before you get to the door.
The window the high heat the high flow the scrubbing the blah blah blah.......
If you think you're impressing the client with your little window you're fooling yourselves.
95% of the time you've done a great job even before you've started your POS/or $100,ooo truck mount.
Show up on time or before and you've beat 70% of the losers out there.
Be respectful and care about your client home and possessions say please and thank you and you're 90% there.
Do a great job and use top notch stuff and YOU'LL SLEEP BETTER!
Happyy Thanksgiving JMO!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Who here remembers the "wand bra" and the "hose sleeve" Greenie was trying to push.. @Erik I think was the only one to use the Hose Sleeve..

or this.....

100_3426.JPG

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I still have my OG rv360 that the spotter bottle filled with rust remover leaked onto the frame... It made it rust... lol

pretty sure I have the one in the picture laying around here somewhere...the thing leaked so bad and has so many chemicals on it...it's not even green anymore..........

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Guys can say what they want about the window, but this is from my experience.

Two years ago my son and I were cleaning, as with any young kid most of the time they are faster than lightning. The very first job he did with the window he was completely shocked. He went in to wand a room and everything was going as normal....this was your normal BROWN apartment nylon type carpet as he was wanding out of the room he hit the traffic lane and the window turned dark with all the dirty rinse, and he did a second pass, and a third, he did it till the wand window was showing him that it was good to move on.

He looked at me and said now I know why you take a lifetime to clean, MOST VET or BETTER cleaners just put two n two together and know that curtain areas of the carpet are just going to need to be flushed better, this is why some carpet cleaners just have a good rep in the area, just better cleaning skills and knowledge....even with out the widow.

But my Son said Dad that is killer because I would have just went over it like all the rest of the carpet and I would have HONESTLY thought I did a good job cause I didn't know.

I personally value the window, on poly carpets the first pull is dirty maybe even the second, but the POLY carpet still looks like crap....the window doesn't lie. I have proven it to myself over and over, I have even pulled out my roto vac to see if I can get it better, 8 outta 10 times the wand and good chems has pulled as much out as possible.... The POLY carpet is crap and it isn't gonna change anymore.

I honestly believe the window is the most valuable thing when training a new person, you can show them, hey this much moisture coming past the window is acceptable and explain you don't need to spend any MORE time than that, or just the opposite and say this much moisture is to much to be left behind.

I will say that the window without a doubt has helped me more than it has cost me.

Mikey P

Administrator
Guys can say what they want about the window, but this is from my experience.

Two years ago my son and I were cleaning, as with any young kid most of the time they are faster than lightning. The very first job he did with the window he was completely shocked. He went in to wand a room and everything was going as normal....this was your normal BROWN apartment nylon type carpet as he was wanding out of the room he hit the traffic lane and the window turned dark with all the dirty rinse, and he did a second pass, and a third, he did it till the wand window was showing him that it was good to move on.

He looked at me and said now I know why you take a lifetime to clean, MOST VET or BETTER cleaners just put two n two together and know that curtain areas of the carpet are just going to need to be flushed better, this is why some carpet cleaners just have a good rep in the area, just better cleaning skills and knowledge....even with out the widow.

But my Son said Dad that is killer because I would have just went over it like all the rest of the carpet and I would have HONESTLY thought I did a good job cause I didn't know.

I personally value the window, on poly carpets the first pull is dirty maybe even the second, but the POLY carpet still looks like crap....the window doesn't lie. I have proven it to myself over and over, I have even pulled out my roto vac to see if I can get it better, 8 outta 10 times the wand and good chems has pulled as much out as possible.... The POLY carpet is crap and it isn't gonna change anymore.

I honestly believe the window is the most valuable thing when training a new person, you can show them, hey this much moisture coming past the window is acceptable and explain you don't need to spend any MORE time than that, or just the opposite and say this much moisture is to much to be left behind.

I will say that the window without a doubt has helped me more than it has cost me.

Exactly.

Or you could just guess by looking in front of the wand....:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes::numfi:

Reactions: TConway

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The wand bra was actually a nice thing.
I received one with the custom Greenhorn and had it on there for at least 4-5 years. It was padded and sort of cushy and did a great job protecting the wand but more importantly, it was protecting upholstery pieces. Admit it.....you all bump into some here and there....

I don't know if I would've purchased one on my own willing but it was nice to have.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Tom could the window be moved up onto the barrel where it can be viewed better or will it comprise the integrity of the barrel?

That would work only if that piece was removable so every 6 months you could put a new piece of clear tube in there.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
AND JUST FOR THE RECORD THE WINDOW HAD BEEN DONE ALREADY.
Joe B had also put a window on his VT wand series. TD has a window because I wanted some work to be done to inside of the head I worked with him on, and the only way for them to get in there was to put a window, and I said yes put the window it will be a good feature.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom