Name
Russ Terhaar
IMG_0565.JPG
IMG_0564.JPG

Blower protection screen was TOAST.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They are solid. Never had one come loose on any of the Butlers we've owned. The screw down cover holder work great but can be a pain if you need to get to them several times a day.

Get a pre tank filter and you won't need to get in but to wash the tank out.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
My 2015 and. 2017 have the same gaskets as were in my Vortex
Does the Vortex have mickey mouse gaskets too?

That glue that is used to marry the rubber doesn't hold up. I've replaced the gasket over the blower protection filter once and the one toward the front of the machine, where the metal basket is, at least twice.

The Cleanco has been feeding my family now, for 4 years. No unexpected down time at all. I've had to take a maintenance day here and there but never a break down.

Several clutches. (4 I think)

Small weld where the bracing is in the waste tank.

For what the van has brought in, the Cleanco has been a fantastic investment.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
They must have changed things right after they screwed YOU.
Figures.

:hopeless:

:biggrin:

Are yours the rubber type, married together with glue or rubber cement or something?

They will fail repeatedly at that spot.

Gaskets are $60 or $80. If it happens every 2 years then it's not the end of the world. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well, it is going to be and epic weekend here at the Saiger Compound! :rockon:

We are going to be graced by another great "Barn Yard" find for a classic and awesome Butler it looks like! :rockon::rockon:

@Russ T. is bringing his new to him (with incredible low hours and miles! ) 2002 Butler and GM van....:rockon::rockon::rockon:

We are going to Saigerize the heck out of this thing! (and maybe drink a microbrew or 2 :) ) :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Can't wait to see you Russ T!
2017-05-24 11.40.03.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
There's not another person in our industry who does so much to help his fellow cleaners.

Nobody.

Mark, I hope to be able to help someone half as much someday, as you have helped me. Our family has been reaping the rewards of LISTENING (ok, reading mostly) to the advice of you and others, for years now. I'm fortunate to have you as a friend.

Butler is shipping that 4110 chem valve and the pulsation dampener today. He said it will be here Friday. I had him go ahead and ship the plastic gauge also, in case I'm just not seeing a crack or something.

I've got belts and fluids and a rebuild kit for the chem pump too.

I can't wait to get to the Saiger Compound!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
She has 2.5 inch hose now and the Tom Conway Devastator Filter that Russ won in Nashville at Mikey's Fest....

Chem injection pump took the longest to get apart....

Couple more things Russ Needs to do...but otherwise, all Belts and fluids changed, Descaled the Crud buildup....

Everything was original as it left the factory 15 years ago....

2017-05-28 12.37.41.jpg
2017-05-28 14.29.42.jpg
2017-05-28 14.29.45.jpg
2017-05-28 14.29.54.jpg
2017-05-28 19.49.39.jpg
2017-05-28 14.30.44.jpg
2017-05-28 19.49.29.jpg
2017-05-28 14.30.46.jpg
2017-05-28 14.34.30.jpg
2017-05-28 14.34.58.jpg
2017-05-28 15.01.28.jpg
2017-05-28 15.02.14.jpg
2017-05-28 15.02.41.jpg

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
When was it last used?

I doubt that Chem pump has worked for years...
It's a good question.

He SAID they had cleaned with it recently.

The chem jug was bone dry, with really hard flakes of whatever chemistry they were using, crusted to the bottom. The whole line to the meter was also caked.

We went through it really well yesterday.

The pressure is pulsing pretty bad under 600 psi. At 600 psi, it smooths right out.

It's weird but it's at that point (600 psi), I lose chem injection.

Any ideas?

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
If the pump has not been rebuilt, the cups are probably no good after all these years. I would send the pump out and have it rebuilt by Cat Pump. They do a good factory spec rebuild. I have a spare pump with a clutch setup to exchange. I usually have mine rebuilt at 3500 hrs or 4 years.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The guy told Russ it was ready to go clean...

I hear that alot about used truckmounts picked up....

She will clean... And I think the pump is unfortunately damaged... But exchange with Butler... Get it in and running....this was still one of those rare Barnyard finds!

We hooked up 2.5 inch hose and Tom's filter and it was a little animal!

Sounded so smooth also... And quiet :)

Was a fun day wrenching with a good friend :)

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Just got done watching it again. I think I can do this!

Small, 2 roomer this morning...followed by the pump install.

The way I see it, today could only go 1 of 2 ways.

Should I just plant the new pump right into the imprint in the rubber "mat", from the old pump?

That dainty brass fitting makes me a little nervous, but what doesn't? Should I find an o ring at Hardware Hank to put a new one in while I have it apart? I remember it looking a bit smashed when we took it apart at your place. Maybe I'm overthinking it...I just want this baby to CLEAN!

I'll probably give you a call later Mark. I'm either going to need a pep talk or to share in the sweet victory that is a practically new Butler System for under 20K!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Well I did it!

Pulsation is gone, even at the lower psi. Chem injection seems just fine too.

It took me a while because I'm so timid and particular when it comes to the mechanical end of the biz.

There is a slow leak under the chem injection so I'll have to snug that one more turn. I had to run out to the camper for the night. But it's over for now. It was the pump after all.

Butler and Mark suggested the cheaper things on the way to the most expensive explanation, the pump. It's the right way to approach a challenge like this. Now I have a largely revamped and young Butler that's ready to clean!

Thanks Mark and everyone else here who's always pulling for us,

Pee Wee baseball in the morning!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Well I did it!

Pulsation is gone, even at the lower psi. Chem injection seems just fine too.

It took me a while because I'm so timid and particular when it comes to the mechanical end of the biz.

There is a slow leak under the chem injection so I'll have to snug that one more turn. I had to run out to the camper for the night. But it's over for now. It was the pump after all.

Butler and Mark suggested the cheaper things on the way to the most expensive explanation, the pump. It's the right way to approach a challenge like this. Now I have a largely revamped and young Butler that's ready to clean!

Thanks Mark and everyone else here who's always pulling for us,

Pee Wee baseball in the morning!
:cool:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
You did fantastic-Hope she is all you hoped for.
Great Family,picture as well...
Have safe summer-stay hydrated and Healthy-Best Regards...

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom