Today I discovered some downsides to owning a truckmount

LeeCory

Since when does a new person need to "call" any moderator to get approval?

Please explain....

Who cares if a person is "real" or not, its a carpet cleaning message board for cryin out loud. I think most here are capable of weeding out the nonsense.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I got called when I signed onto Cleanfax way back in the day. Just too many things don't add up and too much gameplaying on the boards lately.

Come on, what real woman in their right mind would use the screenname "SlipperyWhenWet" on an industry forum? An adult dating site, maybe....

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
That's TEEF, NOT TEETH.

Yes, it is a message board, and quite enjoyable.

Facts, help, humor, sarcasm, and those class clowns - it's all here.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am a porty only guy and on my biggest commercial account which in total is almost 100,000 sq feet over 4 locations you stand no chance of doing this job with out a porty. I do cimex alot of it but I have to rotate hwe and encap to keep the crud to a minimum. but anyway with that being my jewel account I am glad I am good with a porty because that is the single biggest carpet cleaning account in my town and there are several multi truck franchises that will never be able to touch it because they only run tm's. score one more for the porty hacks lol

rick imby

Name
Rick
Bob Savage said:
Debra,

What if you had a truckmount that could operate from your van, but when you had a job such as you described above, you could easily (would not be heavy or cumbersome) put in onto a 2 wheeled dolly, and take it IN or UP. regardless of distance, and use it inside as a portable?

When operating from the van, it would not use any gasoline, because it is electric. From the van, it would use propane for heat, and would produce all the heat you would ever need for cleaning, both carpet, and tile/grout.

When operating inside, it would also not use any gasoline, nor would it use propane. It would use a dual element electric heater.

What if this truckmount would automatically meter chemical into the high pressure line, and also automatically pump out the dirty water at 30 GPM, all the while running on less than 15 amps of electricity, whether used from the van, or inside?

You could also easily remove the entire unit from your van, and use it in another vehicle, if your vehicle became disabled.

It sure sounds like a good idea to me.

I had a feeling Mr Savage might poke in here. go Bob go...

http://www.san-jose-carpetcleaning.com/
http://www.spokane-carpet-cleaning.com/

Name
Evets
slipperywhenwet said:
truckmount girl said:
Look Debra, we just need to know if you are for real.

If you are, welcome. If not, piss off.

I am one of the admins of this board. I'm not going to be mean to you. I'm not going to stalk you, eat your children or take your customers. I live in Southern California and most who post here have met me in person. I'm 46, married with four kids. I've had foster kids and now foster dogs. I cleaned by myself as an owner/op for 18 years. Myself and most here have a lot of experience that can be valuable for you if you intend to stay in this business, but no one is going to waste their breath if they they think you're a phony or a flake.

Call me, call Mikey....when you let us know you are legitimate, we'll treat you like you are. Until then, expect to not be taken seriously.

Take care,
Lisa

I could give a crap who you are or what you think of me. i do not need your approval. If I were you, I'd worry about my mess!

and piss off hon...

At first I thought there was no way this could be a female,not with that attitude and choice of words to express herself.
Then I noticed the NY location.

I feel for you northern boys.

K

kyle albero

Bottom line truckmounts cost more money! Gas, break down cost, cargo vans, up front cost and all the noise. The noise really gets me alot of jobs. After over 10 years running truckmounts i have had only 2 noise complaints. I have had hundreds of walk ups most result in more jobs.

As for all the money. Will a ninja I can make about $75 a hour. Will a truckmount I can make about $115 a hour. A truckmount pays for itself.

As for breakdowns I have a ninja too. I can get the truckmount fixed on the weekend that = no down time.

As for the customers view. Truckmounts are powerful and are what the pros use. I have never had a customer say anything bad about me using a truckmount. Portables just don't have as good of a rep.

My company really took off after buying my first truckmount. I went from 60k to 120k in one year. I bought my first truckmount for 10k and lets say it cost 10k to operate. I still made 40k more with a truckmount. The best thing is my first truckmount is still making money today. I did the math what about you?

SuperFly

admiralclean said:
Any woman in the carpet cleaning business would use that name. Least the ones I've met.

They also don't have all their teeth.

No teeth.
3ft tall with a flat head to put your beer on!
"The perfect Woman"!!................. :p :twisted:

CleanEvo

kyle albero said:
Bottom line truckmounts cost more money! Gas, break down cost, cargo vans, up front cost and all the noise. The noise really gets me alot of jobs. After over 10 years running truckmounts i have had only 2 noise complaints. I have had hundreds of walk ups most result in more jobs.

As for all the money. Will a ninja I can make about $75 a hour. Will a truckmount I can make about $115 a hour. A truckmount pays for itself.

As for breakdowns I have a ninja too. I can get the truckmount fixed on the weekend that = no down time.

As for the customers view. Truckmounts are powerful and are what the pros use. I have never had a customer say anything bad about me using a truckmount. Portables just don't have as good of a rep.

My company really took off after buying my first truckmount. I went from 60k to 120k in one year. I bought my first truckmount for 10k and lets say it cost 10k to operate. I still made 40k more with a truckmount. The best thing is my first truckmount is still making money today. I did the math what about you?

Amen brother!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom