Today I tossed out everything I thought I knew about wands..

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Soooooooo....if it is better on the forward, then can we expect a new design wand that will have the manifold and jets positioned in front of the vac slots? Will it have the head of the wand somewhat tilted forward (away from the tech) to kind of tent over the jets/manifold? Or would the head cover the jets all the way down to carpet level to contain spray pattern and temperature?

I have an idea of how that wand could look.

Erik the zipper guy might also know what it looks like:)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Zipper's jets angled forward with a forward cleaning stroke kicks butt

[video=youtube;ritsiXWUeiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ritsiXWUeiE&list=UU7DxhmAjkiUsaLp9zyygeqA[/video]

Take a closer look at the forward pass, the carpet behind the zipper is somewhat streaked, whether the vac slot pattern or from the jets, but it only gets one dry pass on the back pull, ie from the front glide. Its no different really than jet on, forward back, except you are vacuuming behind the jets on the forward pass.

That new wand would be interesting to try. With the increase in vacuum most trucks have from 8yrs ago I can see how it might preform better.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Tried the zipper still not to sure! Get some chatter I like the walk the whole length of the room, but you definetly need a helper keeping hose out from under your feet.

matt30577

I'm trying to sell my mach12. As soon as I get rid of that toy, I'll holla at you and pick one of those up. I've got too many wands to buy another one. I've got to get rid of some tools before I buy any more

rick imby

Name
Rick
How could it be a 8 inch wide shark and a two inch narrower wand could clean better? How about an electric tooth brush for agitating the carpet next to the wall? Smaller seems to be a trend lately with the HotRod instead of a 175 too.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Take a closer look at the forward pass, the carpet behind the zipper is somewhat streaked, whether the vac slot pattern or from the jets, but it only gets one dry pass on the back pull, ie from the front glide. Its no different really than jet on, forward back, except you are vacuuming behind the jets on the forward pass.

That new wand would be interesting to try. With the increase in vacuum most trucks have from 8yrs ago I can see how it might preform better.

just slightly streaked in that office....

the grease was so hard when pre spraying it was as if it was applying it to concrete lol

If i moved the zipper forward as slowwww as you moved your wand in that video you would see absolutely nothing, guaranteed lol

I like doing the forward and backward cleaning stroke since it dries so stinking fast

I just swaped my wand to 5x03 jets and LOVE the cleaning performance ( for a wand ) increase ill be trying the 03 jetsx6 on the zipper without question :)

Last edited:
Name
I'm Rick James
I'm trying to sell my mach12. As soon as I get rid of that toy, I'll holla at you and pick one of those up. I've got too many wands to buy another one. I've got to get rid of some tools before I buy any more

How much you selling it for.. I am looking for a back up 2 inch tube wand..

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You guys running zippers and RE's with the hoses and cords all over your feet still amaze me, please do yourself a favor and get the "stair climber" stair strap, and clip it to your belt buckle!

When you strap the long cord to your belt buckle (clip it), you can make it longer or shorter lenght wise, depending on what you're working with, also what we do is clean a 2-4 linear foot from the wall on one side of the room w/ the tool, than when we want to move all the cords/hoses out of the way, just twist and turn which will pull on all 3 hoses at the same time making them all straight, w/out needing a helper to do it for you.

There is no need to have a helper moving those hoses for you nor you having to stop and move them yourself. Occasionally the helper can move them for you, but not every single time.

I don't know who else sells these, but it's worth looking into, I may need some new ones soon, I do not order from Joe anymore.

View attachment 5243

Last edited:

matt30577

How much you selling it for.. I am looking for a back up 2 inch tube wand..
Hey Brent, my mach12 is a 1.5" wand, but it would be a good backup. It has a bypass welded on one side of it, and Joe's temp. gauge on the other side. Let's just say it's been modified.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
You guys running zippers and RE's with the hoses and cords all over your feet still amaze me, please do yourself a favor and get the "stair climber" stair strap, and clip it to your belt buckle!

When you strap the long cord to your belt buckle (clip it), you can make it longer or shorter lenght wise, depending on what you're working with, also what we do is clean a 2-4 linear foot from the wall on one side of the room w/ the tool, than when we want to move all the cords/hoses out of the way, just twist and turn which will pull on all 3 hoses at the same time making them all straight, w/out needing a helper to do it for you.

There is no need to have a helper moving those hoses for you nor you having to stop and move them yourself. Occasionally the helper can move them for you, but not every single time.

I don't know who else sells these, but it's worth looking into, I may need some new ones soon, I do not order from Joe anymore.

View attachment 5243

Bill thanks for the post. As someone with a zipper, I'd like to understand.

1. You use the "stair climber" and clip to your belt.- Is that so when you go forward you pull the hoses with your lower body and not just with your hands?
  2. When reaching the end of the pass, do you turn? In other words you only do forward motion, no pulling back to dry? No extra dry pass?
  3. "just twist and turn which will pull on all 3 hoses" - What is the third hose? (Vacuum, solution and ???)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
just slightly streaked in that office....

the grease was so hard when pre spraying it was as if it was applying it to concrete lol

If i moved the zipper forward as slowwww as you moved your wand in that video you would see absolutely nothing, guaranteed lol

I like doing the forward and backward cleaning stroke since it dries so stinking fast

I just swaped my wand to 5x03 jets and LOVE the cleaning performance ( for a wand ) increase ill be trying the 03 jetsx6 on the zipper without question :)

So would the wand clean as good as the zipper, given the same stroke and speed and jet size?
If you say the Zipper cleans better, what do you think accounts for it since its operation is just like a wand but only with a rear vac port?
Would it be the weight?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Bill thanks for the post. As someone with a zipper, I'd like to understand.

1. You use the "stair climber" and clip to your belt.- Is that so when you go forward you pull the hoses with your lower body and not just with your hands?
    That is correct, move it w/ your body, no hands needed.
  2. When reaching the end of the pass, do you turn? In other words you only do forward motion, no pulling back to dry? No extra dry pass?
    No, we use it in every direction, forward, back, left or right motions...We are using primary w/ the 360i, so we go forward and back, all w/ at least one dry stroke, sometimes 2-3 dry strokes. You have control of the hoses since they are strapped to you (instead of the clip being on the staircase, you put it on your belt buckle), now you have complete control 90% of the time w/ the hoses.
  3. "just twist and turn which will pull on all 3 hoses" - What is the third hose? (Vacuum, solution and ???)
    If using a Rotary (RE) like the 360i, Hoss, etc, the 3rd hose would be the extension cord, that's what I meant to say. This is not only for a Zipper, but if you can imagine being done w/ a rotary, it's even simpler with a Zipper.

The mytee hose wraps are cool, but are not what we do.

If I don't find someone that has the same as the Stair Climber I'll eventually have a local shop make one.

I'll try to shoot a video how we use it.

This way the tech using the rotary/zipper never has to stop cleaning to move hoses, if the helper is doing the spotting, raking, furn moving, blocking, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff
Back
Top Bottom