Today I tossed out everything I thought I knew about wands..

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey ;

You left out the fact that Westpak has a new Titanium 14" wand. (We tested it before the Experience show in Dallas).

It has a nice smooth feel on the carpet (unlike the 13.5" PC Ti)

Also, there is a new design 14" wand on the drawing board, that looks absolutely exotic . . . compared to what we have now.

It should be at the Experience show in Vegas.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
It's the two inch version?

Did four more jobs today with it

Love it's maneuverability, weight and results.

But with the kind of heat I'm putting out at 6 flow I'm going to need the version with the back plate if I want my shoes to last more than a month..

51.jpg

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
With it being 6 flow and still cleaning great, 2 of them would probably dual wand ok with a 47 blower?

Mikey P

Administrator
sure, if you can park the van in the living room.

put two 150ft runs of two inch hose on a 47 and you'll be disappointed.

or should be.

Mikey P

Administrator
but to answer your question, your heat may be OK.

Keep in mind most claimed heat performance numbers are based on 6 flow wands. Very few machines will let you double the output and continue to put out over 200 degrees..

A Sapphire with it's nuclear HX system should do just fine.

J

JS41035

I like the carbon fiber Mytee wand. Sorry I just do.
But dual 6 flow wands is about all you wanna do without a burner or an AT. The WM pro 2000 struggles to hold 180 ATM when 2 6 flows are wide open. Enzall and a guy running a scrubber helps. 12" 6 flow wands do fine.
I was literally hours away from a new Prochem titanium wand. Probably still will buy one but Mikey made me think about the Pmf.

Reactions: Larry Cobb
J

JS41035

A Sapphire with it's nuclear HX system should do just fine.[/QUOTE]

Good way to describe the heat on the SS units. I'm super skeptical when I hear someone say that there HX unit gets hotter than that. The 570 was pegged at mikeys fest. The hoss ran for 2 + minutes with the trigger keyed. Still held 235. I thought it was 220 but I went back an watched the video. That thing is smoking hot. If my old WM will hold 180. That outa keep 210 dual wanding easy peezy

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I don't know if I'd go back to wand that didn't have angled jets. The straight down jet system just won't flush a spot the way angled jets do. Have you ever tried a AW29 or like wand with the AT?

As for 6 flow, look at it as TWO 03 jets, or 2/5ths of a 15 flow wand. It isn't the total flow as much as it is the jet size. 03jets do quite well.
Your airflow is going back to the slot which lets more air in and locks down more than the holes on a Greenglide. The glide just smooths it out so you can push it.

I'd like to see that wand dropped an inch or so, put a round glide on it, same jets but angled towards the glide. I think by that time it would be back to a two jet 12" greenhorn with 2" pipe.

Reactions: truckmount girl

Able 1

Name
Keith
Just curious, why does the new ti wand cost as much as the old one? The old one you could drive over, the new one get dinged up at the connection.. The new one is ligher, but the old one is a forever wand. The new Ti wand is made out of thinner gauge titanium, so why the same price? I hate when companies skimp on shtuff, just to make more money!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
am I? I'd like to see the 4 side by side, this new one, an AW29 with 03jets and a glide, your TI and a 12in greenhorn with 03's.
that wand is giving that pile distortion/streak look on the video. I got the same thing when I had my pressure too high with my old similar 2 jet wand (it was an old Big Red wand with 03's, cut down to 12in and with a glide)
straight down jets flood the spot then the vac has to pick it all up.
angled jets don't flood the spot

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Heat readings at the machine are pretty useless. If you are running lower flow, the water backs up and gets really hot in the machine, but cools sitting in the line so long, especially if you run steel cored line. So you need to get temp at the wand to really tell.

Straight jets, especially run at higher pressures just blast the dirt and water deeper into the carpet making it more difficult for the wand to extract. But it LOOKS good....unless it wicks. Angled jets push the soil and water toward the slot making it easier for the wand to recover them.

Keith/Able 1: Are you talking about the Prochem Titanium or the newer PMF Titanium wand?

Titanium went sky high in price a few years ago, so if the wand still sells for the same price they likely are using thinner titanium sheet metal. Remember when they tried a stainless steel tube for a while? I highly doubt they are making more profit now than they ever did, simply that raw material costs and shipping of raw materials increased drastically.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
The angled jet theory of pushing dirt is just that, a theory. Let see a video of it actually happening.

Impacted soil down low in the pile isn't going to get pushed around by a meer wand

Last edited:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
The angled jet theory of pushing dirt is just that, a theory. Let see a video of it actually happening.

Impacted soil down low in the pile isn't going to hey pushed around by a meer wand

No it's not, but straight jets are just pushing more of it down there, making the problem worse in the long run and raising the chance of wicking. Depending on how deep and dense the pile is and the amount of deep soils, an angled jet may or may not be sufficient to remove them....but I guarantee a straight jet will remove less.

Take care,
Lisa

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Just curious, why does the new ti wand cost as much as the old one? The old one you could drive over, the new one get dinged up at the connection.. The new one is ligher, but the old one is a forever wand. The new Ti wand is made out of thinner gauge titanium, so why the same price? I hate when companies skimp on shtuff, just to make more money!!

Inflation I suppose?

Mikey P

Administrator
Even if my last six jobs wick back and I get six negative Yelps, it would be worth it just to have gotten Lisa posting about something other than dog hemiroids and gun control.

Reactions: truckmount girl

Mikey P

Administrator
Ron the AW29 is a 1.5 version of this wand. It's jets strike about an inch further back

Not much of a reason for a side by side.

Last edited:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The Price for the wand pictured is $466 and you get free delivery not sure where Mikey got $420 maybe what he is hoping for on the auction? But the price is $466 shipping on a wand that size runs around $50 so your getting a smoking deal. If you don't want the Teflon glides then the price will go down a little how much I have to ask

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I never thought of the jets "pushing" the soil, but just thinking of the action when the jets are angled the flow is more towards the vac slot rather than going straight into the pile, flooding it for a split second, and then vacuuming it up. That style might work great with an AT or a TM with good suction, but if you haven't got your suction dialed in, that wand would suck.

I watch how my greenhorn works and I can watch how my stairtool works. The GH has angled jets and the stairtool floods straight down. There are times I WANT to use the stairtool to flood out more stuff from under, but overall, I think the GH is more efficient, esp when the jets hit about 1/4 to 1/2inch before the glide.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, I think all the hype surrounding angled jets is just that ... hype. They have questionable utility.

If it were possible to test the same wand with and without angled jets with everything else equal, I strongly suspect there wouldn't be any difference on the carpet,

But, if it helps sell wands, no harm, no foul.

Back
Top Bottom