Tom, need Devastator Wands

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Don't give Meg silly advise about scheduling and orders, she knows it as good as you do.
Her issue is with dependable service and for that matter- trust.

It has been established over & over & over again.
If you want cheaper products buy from Cobb. Larry also has some unique products and the man himself is exceptionally knowledgeable and a very nice person. He also makes his own stuff, so it is nice to buy from and support an independent that is not at the mercy, or pocket, of the big boys. And the big boys play games and politics with the local distributors all the time.

However, if you want dependability and follow through with your orders, fast dependable shipping, or if you don't particularly like to call several times for each order- don't waste your time cause you're

angif-bark-up-the-wrong-tree.gif

It has been brought to Larry attention many times. Evidently he either does not care, does not perceive it as an issue (after all he is from Texas, right?) and is neither able nor willing to correct the problem.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Marty you got any anything?
Maybe it's a first time you order thing? Or my California accent throws them off in Cobbville Texas, but I had the same problem with my first order. When I ordered again the computer had something entered wrong and we caught it so it should have shipped right out that day...Friday but it didn't. Shipped the following Monday but I had product in stock. The solvent smell is so strong that I am considering other sealer products again.

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom wasn't interested in setting up a bunch of drop shippers to reap what he's sown...

99% of his wands will be sold to internet cleaners, if a retailer wants a cutting, they would have had to earn it, which none were.

Zipper had the same problem.

16103.jpeg

Reactions: KSL and Bob Pruitt

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The idea that snitches get stitches or your a punk ass bitch for posting a problem.

Is irrelevant to most who do it!

We don’t all live and work around exceptional supply house with great service.

When I bought my 570 and the bimba was stuck.

I took it three times an hour away spent good money while down there.

They didn’t know what to
Look for and it cost me three days works.

Out of desperation I posted here.

Got good answers and direct help from Sapphire.

Im sure if I bought from John or Pembertons I would’ve been treated differently and not had to post here.

Lastly when I was first having problem with my wand I messaged emailed and texted Tom.

He isn’t a fast reponder, but hopefully it’s because he’s smarter then the rest of us and puts his cell phone down for a hour or two now and then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Tom wasn't interested in setting up a bunch of drop shippers to reap what he's sown...

99% of his wands will be sold to internet cleaners, if a retailer wants a cutting, they would have had to earn it, which none were.

Zipper had the same problem.

View attachment 76942

Well there you go drop shipping is out!

Gotta pay to play.

steve_64

Bane was always fast too but they don't carry the things I use now. I've struggled with finding one vendor for everything since.

This is why this board is important now I r one reason anyway.

Larry would still be waiting for a return email or call wouldn't he...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Kind of a dumb clause. I show up at Larry's and say I want 2 devastators. He tells me that he can only sell me one because the other is a floor model. I have cash in my hand. What do you think he is going to do? Sometimes you run out and have to back order something. That's life.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I did try as soon as the last one was sold.

Oh look! He is still following the thread.

But....crickets when it comes to what I had to share.

Not that he had to address it here - although that would have likely been in his best interest for all to see and as a way to earn back some creditability.

But, a personal call or email to acknowledge the F up would have gone far with me. And Those that know me, know I would have gone out of my way to let everyone know he tried to make it right And I would have given props for that.

I was wondering if anything would have come of it. After knowing all the other “incidents” I everyone has had, shouldn’t have thought I’d be any different.

I can’t inagine allowing something like this to happen in my company. How is it not business suicide in this day and age?

I suppose If you develop and are the only person that carries a certain product, you can get away with this kind of thing ans people are willing to put up with this type of thing.

Like a certain someone and their specialty hose reels.....

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Not that he had to address it here - although that would have likely been in his best interest for all to see and as a way to earn back some creditability.

But, a personal call or email to acknowledge the F up would have gone far with me. And Those that know me, know I would have gone out of my way to let everyone know he tried to make it right And I would have given props for that.

I was wondering if anything would have come of it. After knowing all the other “incidents” I everyone has had, shouldn’t have thought I’d be any different.

I can’t inagine allowing something like this to happen in my company. How is it not business suicide in this day and age?

I suppose If you develop and are the only person that carries a certain product, you can get away with this kind of thing ans people are willing to put up with this type of thing.

I honestly dont think Larry’s ever been accused of taking money from someone and not sending the product.

Like Ken Harris, Duane Oxley or even Bristor been known to take money and refuse to ship.

But ya acknowledge your mistake and fix them.

No excuse for messing up!

Apologize and move on!

Reactions: Mikey P

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm sorry I posted shitty things about house Call Pro on your happy video. I feel bad. I still think they are Evil though.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and SamIam

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I am glad about this thread, as I have found out that Sam Miller is having some issues.

We tried dealing with distributors, the truth is none of them held up their part of the contract, and really that is fine. The truth is we are doing fine just without them, I am not being cocky by any means, what I am saying is MY customers will ALWAYS come first, and at this time with the current orders we are very busy.
I'm am OUT of stock on wands at this moment, I have been going like crazy trying to make sure WE WILL be able to have wands for the Nexus show, I'm not going to go into details, I have talked with Mike over this last week, He is well aware of what I am going through right now.
Besides our carpet cleaning biz, I have had to put on almost 1000 miles on my truck over the last few days just trying to get things done. I am working my ass off right now to make sure it happens. In no way am I complaining.
I have reached out to Sam and I will make sure that he is 100% happy with his purchase, I make the tool, I assemble it, so I should have the best possible answers to get the problem solved.
The distributors are honestly clueless they are salesman, I don't need to have their customers start posting negative things because they can't get proper answers.
I even had a distributor call and order a filter, then that customer calls me, has me send the order to him, I answered all of his questions, made sure he got what he needed sent the filter to distributors customer....all is good.
Weeks go by and I get a email from the distributor all pissed off cause I never sent the filter to his customer......Um he has it, he has had it, I basically did the whole sale, so why do I need to give you a discount on my product. ( AND I DID STILL ) but what is the point.

Cobb, stole my wife's pictures off our website put them up on his website and said he had wands to sell....AT THAT TIME WE HAD NOT TALKED WITH ANY DISTRIBUTORS, I finally talked Missy into letting Cobb sell wands, so she had a contract written up. Every time Cobb or Matts calls it is always the same WHAT THE PRICE FOR THE WAND.....it is in the contract. He also knows that I said that we have given up on distributors and that we were not going to do distribution any more...they honestly don't give a crap what they sell, just the money, there is plenty of tools to sell for them to make their money on.

This wand 14" the soon to be 12" my Devastator Filter, and I will be working on a Hard Surface wand....these are a part of me, I care about them, I CARE THAT MY CUSTOMERS ARE 100% satisfied with what they purchased, I have worked hard to make sure my reputation stays as HIGH as possible and the only way to do it is keep it in house.

I really hold @Erik very high with respect, He has a awesome tool, he has battled this industry and distributors and I hope to be as successful as he has become.
My customers are far better than any distributor, with their honest posts GOOD or BAD, their presence on/with social media has been amazing, and I owe them the biggest THANK YOU.

I am looking forward to seeing you all at Nexus, I am very very busy this week and I need the time I have left to get stuff done, till then you all have fun cleaning

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom