Vortex replaced by a floor buffer

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
DAMN I don't know which I resent more, being called one of the old cronies or that you're here on MB when you could be over there enjoying "the 30-times that of MB"

Mardie who cares what *** has, go there....stay there, enjoy them.....don't come here to bitch about it. :icon_rolleyes: Go over there and talk about us. Tell them I said "Hey" for me would ya? :p

Not bitching about anything just stating the facts. Besides it is you why I like to be here. LOL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The point is you don't let her have an option when its not the right thing for the situation. She is not the professional, her decisions are not coming from an educated position. She has no experience with this and she will pick which is most convenient not most effective.

bcf5d5bf-91b1-4383-90e7-cc14ccf47243_zpsdb14e2f3.jpg

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Your Steam Genie is a sub standard POS that cannot even reach 200F LOL

Mmm Hmm

Keep lickin yur lips big boy!

Beats this anyday
3anypu8u.jpg

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Your Steam Genie is a sub standard POS that cannot even reach 200F LOL

You're saying this like its a problem....but according to your website the hot steaming water is what causes seems to break apart and other various issues.

So is it a bad thing or a good thing to have 200degrees? Make up your mind, brah'

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You're saying this like its a problem....but according to your website the hot steaming water is what causes seems to break apart and other various issues.

So is a bad thing or a good thing to have 200degrees? Make up your mind brah'

If you read the top heading it says RISKS that does not mean absolute. With so many hacks out there the issues stated are a real.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

So is a bad thing or a good thing to have 200degrees? Make up your mind brah'

No I said it because Chris said he was getting board on this read.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
So Mardie, have I got this correct ??

You went from a Von Schrader up to an OP, which is the same as or similar to what Chem Who use ??

Except for the "carbonated water". :oldrolleyes:

Oh yeah, are not VS & Chem Who the same company ??

Or are they just in bed with each other as they are both located in the same building on a corner.

VS has their address in one street, whilst Chem Who is in the other street.

Mate, do yerself a favour and try some decent, PROPER, extraction cleaners.

Spinning a pad WILL NOT remove the deep down contaminants, nor the urine soaked carpet & pad, nor sub floor.

If you believe different, well it's only your business and reputation that will suffer.

Humble pie doesn't taste too bad when you learn how to use the cleaning pie properly.

Don't get me wrong, most of my work is done with either a Cimex or Sprayborg, but mostly on commercial.

I still have three porties, plus my t/m for when those carpets really need flushing.

Constructive criticism is what I am trying to show you without bagging any method, they all have their place in the industry.

:yoda:

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
What Doc is trying to say is that the name of the machine keeps changing.

It's common in many. Industries, instead of making improvements over the years to the existing name brand that has built a solid reputation, companies reinvent and introduce a " new " model

Premium brands don't require this sales BS to ignite sales

Where does the Apple iPhone fall in with that? They have a new one every 6 months.

In defense of the trinity, it is my understanding that you can add on to the machine to make it the new version. Meaning if you had the CM you could buy the Rock conversion kit. Not sure if that will continue always, but it's kinda cool to buy a machine that makes improvements that can be added on to the original models.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They don't change the name of the Iphone just the new version number.

My point was that Mardie was ragging on "the old" version Trinity, the CM, when it wasn't that old. I believe he claimed it was old technology or something negative along that line.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Shorty Host and VS are the same company but Chem dry I don't think so. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
I take my water claw with me at all times.
I still use the VS for digging out deeply imbedded soils. Depending on the situation I will dual process wit the VS and OP.

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
Hey there Mardie. I come in peace...,

Just wanted to share my observations about this one. Not looking for a war.

You know.... To me ChemDry's motivation seems simple. Water extraction is washing. Washing is very effective. Not saying more or less than anything else here, just that it's effective.

It removes liquid based contamination well because it applies solution in the same manner as the spill provided the soiling.

I think it is a HUGE turn of events that "while doing it in a way that saves face" ChemDry is now embracing extraction.

I do not think they came to this lightly. This was probably a hotly contested issue within the rank and file at ChemDry HQ. everybody involved would have appreciated the potential for enormous corporate embarrassment over such a shift in polarity.

They clearly resigned to the change for some very pragmatic reasons. I'd venture Mardie, performance was at the top of the list of those reasons,

There is no other incentive to proceed with the change, at great expense and to numerous logistical challenges - saying nothing of the potential to damage their own brand......

Unless.....

The system cleans better and it addresses problems ChemDry has identified in its' core business.

Mardie, one of the encap titans of the world with THE brand and THE market power has surrendered to HWE.

I mean nothing personal in my next question. It's for you to consider.

Mardie, what have you to lose by getting a cheap portable, and at your own pace and discretion seeing what adding HWE to your business can do for you?

What really have you to lose? What might you gain?

Grant

I think chem dry switched so that it can get into more t&g flood etc? I think they realized that Oxifresh will only continue to grow.

F

FB7777

Where does the Apple iPhone fall in with that? They have a new one every 6 months.

In defense of the trinity, it is my understanding that you can add on to the machine to make it the new version. Meaning if you had the CM you could buy the Rock conversion kit. Not sure if that will continue always, but it's kinda cool to buy a machine that makes improvements that can be added on to the original models.

Where in my post did I make a reference to Apple?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think chem dry switched so that it can get into more t&g flood etc? I think they realized that Oxifresh will only continue to grow.
I assumed it had more to do with Shaw the major manufacturer of carpet recommending HWE. :confused:

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
HWE lovers and VLM lovers both understand that both can work.
But there is something about saying "I use VLM 95% of the time on all carpet (incl. pet stains)" seems to really stir things up lol

Reactions: Mardie

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
I assumed it had more to do with Shaw the major manufacturer of carpet recommending HWE. :confused:

I'm sure that is true as well.

the reason I added HWE personally was to add on a few services I was not capable of doing as well with VLM. I wasn't worried about warrantees. The warranty thing I don't think limits income as much as not being able to get into other services. There is no such thing as a warranty any way.. But that is a different discussion.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sir, last week I had a lady in an upscale area (for Memphis) about $650,000.00. That had children and two dogs with an excessive amount of pet spots. I explained how both, hot water extraction and VLM would work, she opted for the VLM, because she wanted the faster dry time. I suppose I could have turned the job down because in some people's eye's she made the wrong decision, but alas I provided what she ask for and took the money instead.

Wrong answer! :eekk:

Couldn't you have told her that in her situation, the best way to remove those contaminants would be by flushing with HWE in this instance. I would have thought that's going to be a much better method at removal than using a pad for it. Money is money but I'd think you would want to educate her on her best value for her money too.

Totally disagree Richard and Mike.We all do it at times.

As an example: Most of us offer on location rug cleaning as an option and will do it, if it does not damage the rug. I always explain and make it abundantly clear to the client that it is a compromise. To make it even clearer and help it sink in, I write it down and have them sign it. Yet many choose it due to convenience or price.

If you make it clear to the client and they choose to do it and there's no danger involved, most of us will do it. Being holier than though can at times border on the self righteous.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardie

Bjorn

[video=youtube;PkfXm-0vF04]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkfXm-0vF04[/video]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So I guess that would mean that they will probably get rid of there rotaries also to become complyent.
Mardie Mardie MARDIE...why oh why must you be a single method cleaner.

No I would suggest they keep them and be able to offer the client what works best for the situation. They also have portables. :eekk:

PeaBrain_zpsa9e274e9.jpg

ryankettering

Name
Ryan Kettering
Where in my post did I make a reference to Apple?

"companies reinvent and introduce a " new " model

Premium brands don't require this sales BS to ignite sales"

if there is one brand that comes to mind that reinvents the same thing over and over, it is Apple.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you make it clear to the client and they choose to do it and there's no danger involved, we all do it. Being holier than though can at times border on the self righteous.
Damn this must be call Richard a name day, first Mardie now you Ofer.

Big difference...HUGE.

In your scenario you have no contaminants left for the client or her children to walk or crawl over.
Cleaning the rug on location is pretty much innocuous, you're not leaving anyone one in harms way. :p

Back
Top Bottom