Water blowing out exhaust of Apex

James N

Name
James Niwinski
You're going to have to look at some one else's similar machine and see what the difference is. Could be a simple as having a 90 degree elbow inside the tank redirecting the incoming flow.
I was hoping someone on this forum had a apex and I could go off that. I do appreciate all the thoughts

Reactions: Cleanworks

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I'm puzzled at your lack of familiarity with your own machine after 8 or 9 years.
I know the machine. What’s make you say that I don’t know it ? Because I can’t figure out what’s causing the issue ? Apparently no 1 else can either. The people who built the machine (Legends) can’t explain it or my distributor.

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I bought the machine set up with it running at 1700 full throttle I didn’t think to diagnose it brand new figuring it was set up correctly. I just changed the throttle and just know figured out it was set up wrong. I adjusted the rpm to the correct spec and now I have this issue. Everything up to this point I’ve fixed on my machine I think I’m pretty familiar with it. I joined this forum for help and the try and help others when I can Not get questioned on my knowledge of my equipment.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I explained it to you.

It has nothing to do with your machine.

It is a poorly maintained WASTE TANK, with crudded up baffles and perhaps corroded internal deflectors and of air leaks below the water line generating foam that carries thru the blower

Name
Lee Stockwell
I know the machine. What’s make you say that I don’t know it ? Because I can’t figure out what’s causing the issue ? Apparently no 1 else can either. The people who built the machine (Legends) can’t explain it or my distributor.
You never read or followed the manual (free online).

You never noticed the difference in performance at different engine speeds (would be enormous) .

And, you don't know what else you don't know about it.

James N

Name
James Niwinski
You never read or followed the manual (free online).

You never noticed the difference in performance at different engine speeds (would be enormous) .

And, you don't know what else you don't know about it.
I missed the part in the manual that tells me make sure you check the rpms it’s probably set up wrong. And if you read what I posted I stated it had a throttle limiter on it to only go to 1700 rpms. How could I notice the enormous performance in the different engine speed until now. I just changed the throttle cable and check to make sure it was at the proper rpm.

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I explained it to you.

It has nothing to do with your machine.

It is a poorly maintained WASTE TANK, with crudded up baffles and perhaps corroded internal deflectors and of air leaks below the water line generating foam that carries thru the blower
Ok thanks for solving my problem.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
relax James
we're all trying to help you.

running your TM for NINE years on low and not knowing til now does seem a bit odd for someone that "knows their TM"

so simmer down.

does anyone know if Kieth does any of the faqbook groups?
Used to be a member here til he got dismayed and left .
He's the Peak guy and knows them in and out

..L.T.A.

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I did that before I changed the throttle cable. That’s when I realized it was set up running at around 1700rpm. I put the new throttle cable on and after reading my manual seen it is suppose to be at 2740.( Verified by legends also). So when I adjusted it to 2740 I encountered this issue. I feel like I’m just repeating myself.

James N

Name
James Niwinski
relax James
we're all trying to help you.

running your TM for NINE years on low and not knowing til now does seem a bit odd for someone that "knows their TM"

so simmer down.

does anyone know if Kieth does any of the faqbook groups?
Used to be a member here til he got dismayed and left .
He's the Peak guy and knows them in and out

..L.T.A.
I am relaxed. I don’t respond well to insults. Sorry. I do appreciate the help. The machine was set up “on low” why would I mess with a new machine ? Its been this way for 8 years no issues. I had no need to check the rpms on the machine if I had no issues with it up until this point.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
pee-azzzz

what year/model Peak Is yours?
I looked the manual on one w/100 gal tank, and it only shows one vac port in.
you have two????

..L.T.A.

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I have 2. My manual tells me 1500rpm idle legends says 900 rpm. Manual was wrong in that too.

52C07B80-D0E6-4BA1-90B7-1887B39850C3.jpeg

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Legends didnt make it, Prochem did. Legends just bought Prochem.

Anyway the pictures of the waste tank look like it hasnt been cleaned properly for awhile. As Lee said, there are holes in the two baffles between where the waste water comes into the waste tank to where the blower filter is. They are located near the top of the baffle. On each end of the tank there are *flaps* that cover these holes so you cant see them and you need to get a nozzle underneath the *flap* to clean. If you look at the baffles from the middle access panel you should be able to see the holes on each side. They are near the top of the baffle. These allow air to flow throughout the waste tank without drawing water up from the bottom. Dime to a dollar they just need to be cleaned out. Problem solved.

Dont make it any more complicated than it really is.

And clean that waste tank

sassyotto

Name
Paul
one more thing. When you have the middle access port open, what I did on mine was reverse the bolt (so it has the threads sticking up from the tank) and put wingnuts on it to hold it down. MUCH easier to take on and off than the way they made it.

James N

Name
James Niwinski

Anyway the pictures of the waste tank look like it hasnt been cleaned properly for awhile. As Lee said, there are holes in the two baffles between where the waste water comes into the waste tank to where the blower filter is. They are located near the top of the baffle. On each end of the tank there are *flaps* that cover these holes so you cant see them and you need to get a nozzle underneath the *flap* to clean. If you look at the baffles from the middle access panel you should be able to see the holes on each side. They are near the top of the baffle. These allow air to flow throughout the waste tank without drawing water up from the bottom. Dime to a dollar they just need to be cleaned out. Problem solved.

I hope you are

ill check it out. Thank you

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm curious...how was your dry times and heat when it was only at 1700rpm? Did you ever do long hose runs at that setting?

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I put a inline thermometer on my wand it was 190 pretty constantly.
I have done 300 ft runs not routinely but occasionally. Obviously vacuum was less then the most 100 ft runs I do. Dry times vary depending on the situations. 2-6 hours I’d say. I recently bought a anemometer to measure the cfm. Haven’t tested it yet

Reactions: BIG WOOD

scotty747

I'll see Keith tomorrow and ask if he has any suggestions. I may have missed it but did you make sure the vac relief is opening?

James N

Name
James Niwinski
I'll see Keith tomorrow and ask if he has any suggestions. I may have missed it but did you make sure the vac relief is opening?
I did. Set at 13hg. And Thank you I will be taking off the middle access panel to the tank and checking it out today.

FredC

Village Idiot
I did that before I changed the throttle cable. That’s when I realized it was set up running at around 1700rpm. I put the new throttle cable on and after reading my manual seen it is suppose to be at 2740.( Verified by legends also). So when I adjusted it to 2740 I encountered this issue. I feel like I’m just repeating myself.

I don't really know how to interpret the manual....didn't spend much time trying but

Further down in the manual you will find the following:

"Using a tachometer, check the engine speed. Full throttle engine speed is 2400 RPM. Idle engine speed is 900 RPM. Refer to the “engine Speed” section for instructions on how to re-adjust. "

"DO NOT attempt to adjust without a tachometer and NEVER adjust the engine above 2700 RPM (Full Load). Permanent damage may occur. "

manual I'm referencing

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

James N

Name
James Niwinski
Yes I did that and now having this problem. I have yet to check the waste tank. I will and report back. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom