Water Filtration/Softeners

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Where is it recommended that I should do research for them. I think I should consider buying one.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have two Kineticos

Have to clean out the brine tank once a year and fill it once a month.

Haven't dealt with my new Prochem yet but the same one I had in my Judson was a monthly hassle.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I spoke with a local dealer earlier. He said the best thing for me to do was rent a cylinder from them for $9.00 monthly (+ $70.00 setup fee and each time it's cleaned out (about every 3,000 gallons)). He claims the set up for the Kenetico is about $1500.00 and dumping is an issue with Kenetico because the calcium remains in the waste water tank and should be dumped in certain areas only.

Is he pulling my leg?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have 2 softners in my bone yard. Just too lazy to recharge them when they were installed. Removed them for more space and less weight.

Remind me again why I should reinstall these again.. I think our Sierra water isn't Hard.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I spoke with a local dealer earlier. He said the best thing for me to do was rent a cylinder from them for $9.00 monthly (+ $70.00 setup fee and each time it's cleaned out (about every 3,000 gallons)). He claims the set up for the Kenetico is about $1500.00 and dumping is an issue with Kenetico because the calcium remains in the waste water tank and should be dumped in certain areas only.
Is he pulling my leg?

the waste water from the water softeners regeneration usually goes into the waste water at a persons home, i dont see why there would be special dumping as long as your dumping down a sanitary sewer system. Kenetico systems around me start at $2200.

you would be dumping often enough that the calcium shouldn't build up in your waste water tank. .

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
the waste water from the water softeners regeneration usually goes into the waste water at a persons home, i dont see why there would be special dumping as long as your dumping down a sanitary sewer system. Kenetico systems around me start at $2200.

you would be dumping often enough that the calcium shouldn't build up in your waste water tank. .
Yes, I found that out from a different dealer. I think the first one was pulling my leg.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
The second dealer said I could buy a tank (new - $700.00; used - $350.00) that will get me about 2700 gals before regeneration, which is electronic and does it on my schedule. She said the Kenetico could decide to regenerate during a job if it needs to.

The problem with her tank is that it's porcelain and might break too easily for my application. I'm thinking about buying one and wrapping it in thick rubber for protection. She said I could also check with companies that supply water softeners to restaurants, but she's sure they'd be fairly expensive.

Name
Matt Middleton
We fill our Butlers at the shop with soft water that then goes to the RO unit.

3 buckets of water. One tap, one soft, one reverse osmosis. Add same amount of cleaning agent. Mix. Tap very low suds, soft Mr bubbles. RO shaving cream. With RO you cut down your chemical usage by 75-85%. Soft carpet, less residue.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
The second dealer said I could buy a tank (new - $700.00; used - $350.00) that will get me about 2700 gals before regeneration, which is electronic and does it on my schedule. She said the Kenetico could decide to regenerate during a job if it needs to.

The problem with her tank is that it's porcelain and might break too easily for my application. I'm thinking about buying one and wrapping it in thick rubber for protection. She said I could also check with companies that supply water softeners to restaurants, but she's sure they'd be fairly expensive.

i might be wrong but i think the kenetico has 2 tanks and it switches back and forth between them, regenerating the used one while the new one runs, its all based on flow. one im talking about is non electric.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
The automatic Hydro-Force model is VERY slick. Only have a couple months on it but it works great.

Had to turn in the first two control valves to warranty cause they leaked, though.

Reactions: J Scott W

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
My local Kinetico dealer is suggesting the smaller system and have it installed on a rack about half way up the wall of my van. I'd have to take both canisters into the house in cold weather, but they only weigh about 30 lbs each soaking wet (pun intended).

Comments?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Some options from Hydro-Force. All less expensive than the Kinetico. Hydro-Force does have an automatic model.
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=water+softener

I will be discussing the value of soft water rinses during the Mikey's Board program next month. Will also doing some special deals at the time of that webinar.
I dont understand why interlink thinks they need to double their profit on every product they sell. some unique stuff i understand, but not when there is a Water guy/ business in every town that can offer way better deals.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Geez, the Kinetico system is $2300.00
yeah, i have a water boss at home, i have inline filters that filter down to 5 micon then if i need or want ro or ro/di water i have another unit that can do that at home, but it's also mobile so i can take it with me if i want. it generates about .75-1 gpm depending on water pressure and if i'm feeding it soft or hard water.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Some options from Hydro-Force. All less expensive than the Kinetico. Hydro-Force does have an automatic model.
http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=water+softener

I will be discussing the value of soft water rinses during the Mikey's Board program next month. Will also doing some special deals at the time of that webinar.

Scott...how often should this unit be recharged...looking through instructions, etc...and wondering what is really recommended.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AC40

We also have water softner in the shop but also have this unit on board....We are setting up bypass on the system so we don't have to run water through it unless we actually hook up to another clients faucet...

Thanks! :)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

This will depend upon how hard the water is in your area and how many gallons of water you use on an average day.

This unit will remove 32,000 grains before it needs recharing. For cleaner who lives where typical water hardness is average or slightly harder than average (10 grains +/-), has his equipment running 5 hours a day (allows for some drive time and set-up time), has water flowing through the wand about 3 of those 5 hours (allows for dry strokes and other things that don't involve water flowing), they will recharge about every 28 to 30 days.

We tell most folks once a month unless they notice a decrease in performance before that. By doing the recharge on a regualr schedule such as gthe first Monday or each month or whatever, it seems to make it simpler to keep track of.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
This will depend upon how hard the water is in your area and how many gallons of water you use on an average day.

This unit will remove 32,000 grains before it needs recharing. For cleaner who lives where typical water hardness is average or slightly harder than average (10 grains +/-), has his equipment running 5 hours a day (allows for some drive time and set-up time), has water flowing through the wand about 3 of those 5 hours (allows for dry strokes and other things that don't involve water flowing), they will recharge about every 28 to 30 days.

We tell most folks once a month unless they notice a decrease in performance before that. By doing the recharge on a regualr schedule such as gthe first Monday or each month or whatever, it seems to make it simpler to keep track of.

Thank you Scott.

Great information :)

Reactions: J Scott W

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
An exact calculatgion could be made if you knew the hardness of the water you are using and how many gallons went through. For example, using 10 grains as the water hardness, you could use 3,2000 - 3,500 gallons before recharging.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Here is a pic of one we are using in our vans currently....

I cannot remember the mess size but works great for us.....

2015-11-23 17.21.34.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom