Water Softener

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
only 10 grains

normally the on board water softeners are 32.000 grains....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no brine tank...you add salt through the top like the other free standing type....its a manual discharge so you toss a hose on the ground while you are servicing it on the weekend and turn the dial and let it do its thing....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
on my van I use a live fresh reel...so from the reel it goes to the softener and then out of the softener into the machine......

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
So why have you and Tom kept these a secret?

we haven't...we have been talking about them for a while and Tom just found this...he got his ordered and installed it just today..and I just got mine ordered..

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
image.jpg
I purchased mine about 2 years ago and didn't realize I was holding out. i have the 21,000 grain which measures 8 inches in diameter and 36 inches tall. Hope this helps:

21,100 Grain Portable Water Softener – Regenerating Instructions

Does my mini softener come ready to use? Yes, it has new resin that comes regenerated, but also may need some rinsing so you don’t get orange / brown colored water out of it. Slowly run water through unit until it clears up (should just be a couple of gallons) and then it’s ready to use.

How do I regenerate my softener?

• Shut off the water. Leave incoming hose connected.
• Disconnect outgoing hose.
• Unscrew valve-cap on the top of unit.
• Tip the unit over just a bit to drain some of the water. Do not tip too much and dump out the resin beads.
• If using table salt simply pour 5-6 pounds directly into top of unit. If using larger pellet or rock salt (cheaper) you must first dissolve it in a one gallon container. A milk jug works great. Put about 2 inches of salt in the bottom of a milk jug and fill the rest of the way up with water and let sit at least 2 hours (longer is better).Then pour the water portion slowly into the unit. FYI, 1 gallon of water will only dissolve and hold 3 pounds of salt, even if more salt is in the water, it won’t dissolve it all.
• Replace cap.
• Let the unit rest for 20-30 minutes. (Longer is better)
• Agitate the unit several times during the rest period as to move the resin beads around, so they clean more thoroughly.
• Place the drain hose or unit where you can rinse it out.
• If needed you can simply drain through the hose you normally use (disconnected), or drain from other outlet with or without hose.
• Turn water on slowly until only a pencil size stream is slowly flowing from the unit. Let this pencil size flow continue for 10 minutes. This water is salty so do not drain it on grass, flowers or trees.
• That's it! Now all the salt water has been removed and you are ready to go again.

• Note: You should always regenerate the softener if you are storing it for several months.
• Never leave salt in the unit for more than a day.

Questions? Will Mathews (623) 695-1524 or abcwater@cox.net

Reactions: dgardner

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Nice. I was told about these units before by the dude at Steam Way but I never followed through with it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a kinetico in the cab over..not much room in the van for the brine tank and all...I like the the one Tom found..small and simple to use...

I will more then likely pull the kinetico out and replace it with another one of these....

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Yes, the top screws off. I will probably get it to dissolve first in a a five gallon bucket and then pump it into the system. That's how Prochem does it and I have one of their brass inline siphon system, looked like a big hydroforce dema valve. I'll use the top cap as a back up.

W

Will Mathews

What the heck does clack mean?
Hi Guys, This is Will from ABC Water, 602abcWATER (222.9283). I decided to jump in here to answer some questions about the portable water softeners we sell. Clack is one of the manufacturers we use for some of the tanks and in/out style heads we use in building our portable units. Any other questions, please let me know.
logo_100x47px.jpg

hydracat

I use the blue rv hookup filters from walmart. They'll turn the nastiest well water into sweet, pure h20. Don't last more than two months or so but they kick ass. Last time I filled my tank with a new one I forgot to run it first to clear out the carbon. 50 gallons of black water and a white carpet in an hour. Dam.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I'm to lazy to screw the top off. I like the ease that it automatically regenerates based on usage. There's no way to know when the other one needs salt or won't produce soft water anymore. I don't track water usage but the softner will. If rooms a problem or price then the other one is a good option.

Gene

Back
Top Bottom