What makes you unique?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Attended a Brian Tracy seminar today. Excellent!! If you ever get the chance...

So what is it that makes you unique?
What separates you from your competition?
What one thing do you do GREAT?

Bob Foster

Ron Werner said:
Attended a Brian Tracy seminar today. Excellent!! If you ever get the chance...

So what is it that makes you unique?
What separates you from your competition?
What one thing do you do GREAT?

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
file_38.jpg

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My company is all internet based and I utilize that.

The one thing that separates me from everyone....Yes I mean everyone.....Is I don't advertise like a carpet cleaner.

It's not all industrialized looking marketing...It's friendly and inviting.

And when I'm in the house.....I'm a genuine person...Not a carpet cleaner or a salesman.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
I'm different in that I empower people to work on their time, based on my time, anytime. This example was booked at 10:12 PM last night....

different.jpg

Connor

Name
Connor
Having a third nipple is pretty unique, isn't it?

Just because you're unique, doesn't mean you're useful or have benefit to a customer. Unique is only worth so much, you just have to be preferred and that takes hypnosis aka desirably marketing yourself into familiarity.

Find out what customers like and see if you can provide it, sometimes your level of service is a niche market, but find wherever you fit OR make yourself fit by altering how you do whatever service you might provide. Word of mouth is nice, but for 99% of businesses, it's not going to keep you going. The propaganda machine of advertising is not perpetual motion, it needs effort and that's going to cost money and time.

You can be guaranteed one thing in business, if you are unique and it is profitable, then you're gonna get copycats that are going to do it too, then you're not going to be very unique are you?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Connor said:

Just because you're unique, doesn't mean you're useful or have benefit to a customer. Unique is only worth so much, you just have to be preferred and that takes hypnosis aka desirably marketing yourself into familiarity.

Find out what customers like and see if you can provide it, sometimes your level of service is a niche market, but find wherever you fit OR make yourself fit by altering how you do whatever service you might provide. Word of mouth is nice, but for 99% of businesses, it's not going to keep you going. The propaganda machine of advertising is not perpetual motion, it needs effort and that's going to cost money and time.

You can be guaranteed one thing in business, if you are unique and it is profitable, then you're gonna get copycats that are going to do it too, then you're not going to be very unique are you?

You don't get it Connor.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think Conner gets it.

You still have to stand out from the crowd....But you also have to have the service they need.

McDonalds and Madonna have reinvented themselves over the years to keep up with the Uniqueness.

Connor

Name
Connor
Royal Man said:
Connor said:

You don't get it Connor.

Au Contraire, Monsieur, I get it, but you just don't put all your hopes on being "unique".

Being unique is just a tool . Of course, a unique person like yourself has a perpetual money machine that you've implemented to bring the dollars in :roll:

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I think Conner gets it.

You still have to stand out from the crowd....But you also have to have the service they need.

McDonalds and Madonna have reinvented themselves over the years to keep up with the Uniqueness.

See, Yoakum, Brian gets it.

Brian, you're "unique" too.

Connor

Name
Connor
Exactly, Monsieur Foster.

Have you ever noticed the people who write those business advice and marketing books say the same thing over and over again, then they get high accolades from other people who write business advice books and the cycle goes on forever and when it's all said and done, guys like Jay Levinson and Seth Godin say the same thing every time and give credit and mention their cronies books, then they give a seminar in which they say the same thing they said in their very first book.

Put that in your purple cow and smoke it.

The money is in telling people they are qualified and make them feel good about themselves.

Bob Foster

And maybe running a "tribe " of subcontractors that otherwise would be unemployable driving around in 20 year old minivans and SUVs with portables in the back of them.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:
I think Conner gets it.

See, Yoakum, Brian gets it.

Brian, you're "unique" too.

Awwwwee :oops:

Connor

Name
Connor
When I said being unique is a tool and that you are unique, well, that makes you a tool, too. Just sayin'.

Name
I'm Rick James
I make me unique. Many use me because of me and what others has said about me. Its really hard to be unique in this industry, but I think honesty and reliably is far more important. This is something that you must project outwards vs some shiny unique distraction.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Caduceus said:
I make me unique. Many use me because of me and what others has said about me. Its really hard to be unique in this industry, but I think honesty and reliably is far more important. This is something that you must project outwards vs some shiny unique distraction.

That's all find and dandy for your repeats and referrals but it helps to stand out somehow for the people who never heard of you.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
This is just like, "How do you catch a unique rabbit" ??

Unique up on them.............................

Sorry, but I couldn't help my unique self this time. :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
ShortyDownUnder said:
This is just like, "How do you catch a unique rabbit" ??

Unique up on them.............................

Sorry, but I couldn't help my unique self this time. :oops:

How do you catch a tame rabbit?

Tame way....Unique up on them.

:mrgreen:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
I use reverse osmosis water and talk it up lots. And my 30 day warranty against reoccurring spots as well as covering large issues for 30 days as well. Only 1% of my customers use the warranty but love the fact that it's there. If a kid spills a soda 29 days after they drop their hard earned $$$ with us it's covered. Those 2 things get people talking big time

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think if anything should be "unique" about any company ....It should be seen within the first 5 or 6 seconds of seeing your ad, site, coupon, commercial...or whatever.

The zerorez difference was the guys voice pitching it.

Stanley Steemer is the old school type look

Coit started out as a city specific

Chem Dry used the "Chemical" and "Dry" to get the attention

I have my little dog and the name Priority really pushes the importance of responsibility of keeping clean...and cleaning up after animals.

What's yours?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm short, fat and I wear glasses. I shaved my head so my kids can say "you see that short, fat, bald guy with the glasses? That's my dad".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom