What's in a name?

Name
Jesse
Duck Wrote:

"Green can make having a relatively low cost portable into a marketing edge over truckmounts. After all, portys do not burn gas and gas is...let me guess...carbon? And we are cleaning the carpet, not trying to deal with water damage so the job doesn't need the gut sucking power or the extreme in PSIs."

I think promoting a porty as "green cleaning" is deceptive unless you specify that's what you mean. I'll have no foul chems in my home but couldn't care less if my tm is burning fuel. Unless you kill your production times by doing really thorough cleaning. There is nothing green about the higher residual soils that your likely not extracting, unless there organic I guess.

duckster

Charles Lyman said:
How about " those a$$holes carpet cleaning"?
I can hear it now, "honey, could you get those a$$holes out here to clean the carpet?"
or...
"what a$$hole cleaned this carpet? It looks like $h!+!!!"

Just sayin :-)

steve r

for high end and commercial im thinking about executive floor care.im almost ready for another van and thought about starting a second company to test areas and marketing.

duckster

SMILES said:
Duck Wrote:

"Green can make having a relatively low cost portable into a marketing edge over truckmounts. After all, portys do not burn gas and gas is...let me guess...carbon? And we are cleaning the carpet, not trying to deal with water damage so the job doesn't need the gut sucking power or the extreme in PSIs."

I think promoting a porty as "green cleaning" is deceptive unless you specify that's what you mean. I'll have no foul chems in my home but couldn't care less if my tm is burning fuel. Unless you kill your production times by doing really thorough cleaning. There is nothing green about the higher residual soils that your likely not extracting, unless there organic I guess.

Smiles, it is not deceptive to say the truth that a porty is green cleaning and perhaps you can tell us how burning fuel makes a tm earth friendly.

I do sacrifice production time willingly to save the planet which is a responsible position to take. I spend the time and use the right equipment to make sure the carpet is clean.

I would just bet that porty manufacturers would disagree with you about the machine extracting soils. I doubt we would see porty machines receiving certification of the trade authorities if they did a less than adequate job.

A tm is good for two things, getting more work done in less time and dealing with a water damage disaster. Neither of those interest me. To insist that a tm is needed on carpets is to use a brillo pad on crystal and china because it is the BEST way of cleaning although one should now what tool to apply to what job.

I personally feel a responsible businessman looks at the impact his business has on the environment these days and unlike the days of factory chimneys kicking out pollutants the business must find and implement a way to produce its product or service responsibly and not make cost a determining factor.

Evolve. Maybe a tm can be made that uses Hydrogen as fuel.

Better yet, determine the carbon footprint you are creating and PAY to have trees planted to OFFSET the damage. That seems the only fair thing to do. You can afford it with the extra productivity a tm produces, right?

You can start by going to http://www.begreennow.com/

Name
Jesse
Duckster,

You mistook my comment on Porty's, nbd.

I wouldn't have replied to this, but your comments about machine certifications, and manufacturers opinions made me laugh. I really appreciate that, it doesn't happen enough. :cry:

I do agree with you on being green. I did exaggerate my position on burning fuel, but as long as your being lawful I feel it's what we do in the home that matters the most. The truth is your porty exhausts foul air in the home, and doesn't have the heat or vac that a tm does. But I agree that you can do a more than adequate job with 1. Chems matter as well, if you said you offered green cleaning with a porty and used ultrapac LVC that would deceptive or ignorant (of course YOU did not say, or imply that).

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Duckster said:
"Better yet, determine the carbon footprint you are creating and PAY to have trees planted to OFFSET the damage. That seems the only fair thing to do. You can afford it with the extra productivity a tm produces, right?"

You're the reason I don't live in Eugene OR anymore.

Hitler was a vegetarian and he cared about the environment.

This environmental movement is a just a way to push communism through. You're a pawn. You will be willing to pass all sorts of laws to "Save the Earth." In passing law after crippling law, you will help enslave the earth. The economy is going to take a major dump. There has been too much pressure. Once everything is beyond repair, people will gladly accept slavery if it gets them fed.

Stalin showed an example to his men. He took a chicken that had been starved for weeks, he held it upside down in front of everybody, and beat it mercilessly, ripping its feathers out etc. Then he sprinkled a little bit of food on the ground, and it came over to him. He held out his hand and the chicken was eating right out of his hand. He then made the point that this is the way you deal with people.

If you look into the global warming conspiracy, you will see that no solution that has been put forward has actually had any merit to fix any sort of problem other than environmentalists not having enough money for crooked research, or capitalism working too well. I am all for saving the earth, but you are starting to sound like the type of moron who would sign a petition to ban Di-hydrogen Monoxide.

duckster

B&BGaryC said:
Duckster said:

You're the reason I don't live in Eugene OR anymore.

And I do thank you for moving with the other toothless Willy Nelson fans. Oregon is a much better state for it. Take a good long hit off the exhaust pipe. Go ahead, breathe deeply.

I would guess you to be a naive Republican. They are in denial about the environment and their own sexual preference.

Don't forget, last one out of Montana turns the lights out.

Frankly, I know people like you who think burning coal is smart, the north pole never had ice, smog devices are useless and smoking should be allowed in the hospital nursery.

Yes, despite your ignorance, we will save the planet so even you can breathe, drink clean water and eat a full meal. Don't worry. Your survival is thanks enough.

I am not a pacifist, I am a powerfist environmental terrorist and proud of it. Attempt to destroy my dominion and I will tear your world asunder.

Never threat, only warn. Californians do that no matter where we choose to call home.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am Xtreme Carpet Cleaning
Tag Line "Don't get them clean, get them Xtreme Clean"
Earth Friendly Products are "Xtreme Green"
Dry Carpet Cleaning "Dry to the Xtreme"

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It depends on what you want your name to do for you such as;

For YP column ranking:

AA Cleaning or Absolute Best Cleaning.

for website ranking;

(Name of town) Carpet Cleaning or (Name of town's)best Carpet Cleaning.

To get attention:

Dazzling Carpet Cleaning or Brilliant Carpet Care.

For high end:

Prestige Services, Majestic Carpet Care:

To point out a unique feature:

Easy On Your Time Cleaning "We clean while you are at work"

Big Truck Cleaning, Dry Fast Cleaning or O2 Cleaning.

Could even be a unique scent:

Fresh Scent Cleaning

Choose what you want your name to do for you then brain storm and survey your results

Dave Yoakum

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Sofa King Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning

You'll soon see why everybody is saying, "Wow! That's Sofa-King Clean!"

You're Textiles will be:

Sofa-King Soft

Sofa King Luxurious

Sofa King Safe

It goes on and on...

Name
Jesse
We Chose J2 because it was unassuming. We add the service to the name and it then says what we do (ie: J2 carpet cleaning, J2 commercial cleaning, J2 sweeper service). I like it for different marketing campaigns because of the names neutrality, I wouldn't want to market our commercial carpet cleaning as "Baby Safe" although that is a great name for certain residential segments.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Jimmy Ladwig! said:
KKK works for me.

Subliminal advertising at its best.

You've said that before... But how does it work?

Who are you drawing? Shouldn't it bring up bad emotions and hatred for most people? I'm not saying I don't believe it works, I have just never heard you explain it in depth.

duckster

They Do It Free

Free of Toxins, Free of Residues, Free of High Pressure.

When you need carpet and upholstery cleaned at the lowest price remember:

They Do It Free

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Second Best Carpet Care
"when you can't afford the very best"

Some notables:

Atlanta Rug Scrubber (somehow I picture a guy that looks like Marty)
Beyond Clean
Carpet Geek
Clean Freaks
Cleaner Image
Fully Cleansed (though the religious connotations might put off some people)
Healthy Choice
Healthy Home
Healthy Clean
Integrity Maintenance Solutions
Payneless Floor Care (owner's name Doug Payne)
Really Clean
Simply Immaculate by Darlene
Spotless Carpet Care
The Spot Doctor
Thorough Clean
We Clean Carpets

All of these are real names that I liked, and more importantly, I REMEMBER!

Take care,
Lisa

Ricky Thurman

I just sold my company and have moved about 150 miles away and started a new one. This area is known for cleaners who do not care, do not perform and are not known for prompt services. Thus, the name of my new company is On The Spot Cleaning Services.

OTSLogo2.jpg

steve r

Carefree Carpet Cleaning, let us make your cleaning experience a pleasurable one.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Bob Foster said:
Two Men with Big Hearts Carpet Cleaning
there is a moving company here in Salt Lake City called two small men with big hearts, so it must work for them :roll:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Bob Foster said:
1st Choice Carpet Care

Goes in the front of the book

I don't know that being in the front of the book is good for booking price-shoppers... It might be, because they haven't already called a bunch of people and just gotten a price quote... I am towards the front of the book and tend to have trouble keeping anybody on the line. If I blurt a price, no matter how high or low (I've experimented) I get hung up on... No matter what they find out or how much they like you I get the impression that they think their search isn't over because they have only called 1 or 2 companies, so they must call more before they get back to you.

BTW. I could be totally friggen wrong.

P.S., If you picked 1st Choice to be in the front of the book, I would pick 1-A Aardvark Aaronson's Acurate Cleaning to make sure I got the spot ahead of you.

Bob Foster

I don't price on the phone anymore except for people who call were referred to me. I don't have anything but an in-column bold listing with my phone number in the new books.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom