which truckmount do you want Marty to buy next?

we all know it will be another TCS but just for kicks..

• Butler

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • CDS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pro1200

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • #3 blower EZ

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • a mini van full of vlm equipment

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • a photo of a new Aerotech on his desk.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • used Hagopian Butler

• 570 in a Euro van

• the HX TCS of his dreams.

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
There are really 2 choices here. 1. If he gets a Butler he will be happy with the machine and the company, 2. If he gets a 1200 he will be happy with the machine and TCS

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would hook him up with the exact same set up I have with my 570...throw in a 13 inch zipper and we would never here another word out of him........

hogjowl

Idiot™
TCS can only be as good as what they have to work with, which may be sufficient in regards to the 1200, but it's too early in it's existence to tell. Unfortunately, it takes time to become a proven machine in this industry, and we've all seen the unfortunate tendency our mfgs have of using us to test and tweek their new designs. I'm not a very appreciative research subject. And yes this is a new design. You current 1200 owners have a different machine.

Cleanco is a serious contender. It's sold and installed by TCS, and they tell me the support the receive from Cleanco is good. It's a proven machine. I know the occasional issue will be quickly handled by good people. I just don't know if I can go back to 6 flow in order to keep high heat. That's the only issue with Cleanco. However, Cleanco gives us space for storage which is increasingly important.

Space, or the lack thereof, is the only negative issue with Butler. Talk about a proven machine? I don't think there's a single machine that has built more trust with end users than Butler! I think I can be fairly trusting in the assurances I have been given by some Butler owners that it will deliver high heat at high flow. (I hope.)

So, it comes down to Butler or Cleanco. (Both offer pork holes.) So, do I want space or heat?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Marty is looking at the right 2 for him. As snarky and cantankerous as he is, I hope the next machine will do well for him.

Name
Nate W.
I should have included Cleanco, regrettably..

Does Cleanco offer a higher heat option for those who aren't a regular flow cleaner? If not, this was more a debate of a machine with "high heat" option.... He currently has a #4 LG heater, so which ever is his next machine better be equivalent in regards to heat.... Or everyone including the manufacture will here bitching about it.....(Of course after the "honey Moon" stage is over) :stir:

J

JS41035

I don't really believe there's that much of a difference between all the direct drive units as far as heat. I think the newer GM vans run hotter than the older GM engines. My 08 runs at 215. The 99 at 195.
The Cleanco offers a really cool option that preheats the freshwater while you drive. They are the only DD ones that do that.
The higher engine operating temps are (IMHO) why the direct drives are able to handle more flow at high temp.
But why not start off with a tank of 175 degree freshwater? A cat pump with high temp seals won't have a problem. Aero tech does it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I don't really believe there's that much of a difference between all the direct drive units as far as heat. I think the newer GM vans run hotter than the older GM engines. My 08 runs at 215. The 99 at 195.
The Cleanco offers a really cool option that preheats the freshwater while you drive. They are the only DD ones that do that.
The higher engine operating temps are (IMHO) why the direct drives are able to handle more flow at high temp.
But why not start off with a tank of 175 degree freshwater? A cat pump with high temp seals won't have a problem. Aero tech does it.
That sounds pretty awesome.i think I remember Justin mention it last year at MF10.

I wish someone from Cleanco would engage with us...

J

JS41035

So how much difference is there in the price between a New Butler unit and an Aerotech?

Is it $150 a month?
Even leasing it for almost seven years and with a pretty high residual the aerotech is still way more than a Butler. Honestly the finance options on an Aerotech aren't nearly as good as Butler. A Butler depending on options is about 1100 for 5 years. Even at 3% interest you couldn't hardly keep an Aerotech under 2000 a month. I'm not saying they aren't worth it. But 2000 a month could get away from you if your not careful.

Reactions: rick imby

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I found Marty's new rig:

momo_carpet.jpg

Hey, big boy, do I get a finder's fee?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That qualifies as a "truckmounted" unit. A handtruck.

Almost as good as my Dwell pro.

Reactions: ruff

hogjowl

Idiot™
Tell me what you know of Jon-Don Atlanta, danny. Have you any personal experience with their service? Their mechanic? Do you know anyone who has? Have you seen them mentioned here or on any FB posts? (Please don't extrapolate any info on other Jon-Don locations over to JD Atlanta.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom