Who has the best price on the New HM DriMaster Tool ?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
How about who has one in stock and can ship it today and is a supporting member/distributor on mikeysboard?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
They have not come out yet but should be in the next couple of weeks. I will have one in stock and they list at $449.00 but I will give SM's a deal.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Umm Chris yes they are out. I just sold the last of the first 3 I got to John (see above). I have 3 more coming should be here in a week

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Well then I guess I need to call Bruce. He told me at my HM day that they won't be released until mid to late Aug.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Chris;

We just received some new ones a couple of days ago.

I have been playing with the optional assist handle on the tool.

I really like the adjustable water pressure valve on the tool,

and the wider STAINLESS head.

Light weight is also a plus.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/loprow.html
Larry Cobb
MB Supporting Member

Greenie

I'm still trying to figure out what makes it better, just not that impressed. But I'm open.

Name
Nate W.
Loren Egland said:
I will be anxious to see how it performs next to the Hydrokinetic tool in a side by side test.

me too, i just bought a hydrokinetic tool.. i'm curious about the new drimaster.. i had the old one, but wanted to try the hydrokinetic.. seems that the hydro tool has alot of air leaking by the glide near the jet after the trigger.. is that normal? i would think it does have to suck some air, but it seems more than just some.. the glide is the best, no problems on delicate fabrics..

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Greenie said:
I'm still trying to figure out what makes it better, just not that impressed. But I'm open.

A major attraction of the DriMaster for me is lighter weight. With tendonitis in both arms, the Pro-Chem tool is a brick. If it were not for my tendonitis, I would probably go with the Pro-Chem with a Green Glide.

T

The Magician

Greenie said:
Greenie it flows more water, is wider and light weight, its cleans faster and better.
Loren Egland said:
I will be anxious to see how it performs next to the Hydrokinetic tool in a side by side test.
Oh brother "Lorens at it again. We allready know your opinon!!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Loren Egland wrote:

Oh brother "Lorens at it again. We allready know your opinon!!

Well Magician, no side by side tests for you! :wink:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I had 27 students use the new DM and the HK tool side by side at a class I taught on Friday (as well as a Hydry and Glided Prochem tool).

We tried them out on a microfiber loveseat, a nylon sofa with one long cushion, and a three cushion cotton brocade sofa.

Much of it came down to personal preference (as upholstery tools always seem to do), but here were some points that seemed to be observed consistently:

DM Tool: Faster and more comfortable for the "seasoned veteran" (translate: "tired old wrists and elbows"). It did leave the fabric wetter than the DM, but not as wet as the Hydry or Glided Prochem Tool.

HK Tool: While the DM barely wet the back and cushion (tested with blotter paper in cushions), the HK never wet through, even with repeated passes. Cushions or cushion areas cleaned with the HK tool cleaned as well, but dried more quickly, than those cleaned with the other tools. The HK is heavier than the DM tool, and the tool got a bit hot, but not too hot to handle.

Neither tool were as easy to do detail work with than the Hydry or Glided Prochem Tools we used.

People who bought each tool each felt that they bought the better tool.

Our cleaning company still uses an old style DM (to be replaced by either the new DM or HK after further tests) and a Glided Prochem. We also keep a Hydry tool on the truck for detail work.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Thanks Jim. I am sure Magician will be along to thank you later. :)

I imagine that each tool was dialed in to it's best psi and water flow so as to leave fabric as dry as possible and still clean reasonably well. Did you also test each tool at the same psi, such as at 200, 300, or 400 psi?

Loren

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i was in his class. both tools were running off the same Tm. at the same water pressure. i liked the Dm, but the Hydrokenitic was awsome as well. both tools work well in both forward and back strokes. i like the dm because of the window, you can see the moisture being removed on dry passes. only reason i like it better.

Jim puts on a heck of a class!!! he went over a bunch of tools and did in room demonstrations and explained each tools good and bad aspects.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks Scott. It was good to have you there.

Loren, I used two machines at two different times.

First, I used a Kleenrite Sphere portable with a 200 PSI pump, three stage vacuum, and heat exchanger for the portable crowd.

As Scott said, we then used a Prochem Everest on the dual wand setting with each tool attached to a 100' of 2" vacuum hose. The pump pressure was set at 400 PSI.

I don't consider that my "tests" are any more credible than anyone elses, and I'll allow my cleaning technician to make the final decision as to which tool he'd like to use, just as its up to each of my supply businesses customers to decide which one suits their needs.

I'm just grateful to have come so far from the days we used 30 PSI extractors with two stage vacuums, and when we dry cleaned anything with a hint of color issues.

T

The Magician

The whole cleaning industry should thank Lee and Jim Perbertons. They have contributed alot to this industry. They are good honest hardworking people who are always wiiling to help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom