Why am I loosing suction? Pulling 10hg with hose and wand hooked up

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I've noticed my wand screaming a little less and now I'm noticing less suction for sure. Today I was pulling 10hgs before I even get to my wand. Filter is clean, I've greased the blower recently, lid on waste tank is tight. Any ideas?

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
Pretty unlikely I think since I use a holed glide. I can't suck up trash when I try. I'll try it with different hose's though..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If its pulling a load without a hose attached or a wand on the floor you have as Lee said, a blockage. Could you have sucked up a rag, a pencil, a popsicle stick, even a Bobby pin. Maybe when you unhooked the wand it sucked up something.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
send a golf ball through your hose and that will solve any blockage in there. To check for leaks at the truck, pull off your hose and plug the intake with your hand and listen for leaks. It should just bog down your blower.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
That's what I would guess too. My Cleanco (blower protection) filters need to be hosed off about every other day.
Yeah, and if you haven't cleaned them in awhile you may want to let them set in a bucket of hot water for some time first.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yeah, and if you haven't cleaned them in awhile you may want to let them set in a bucket of hot water for some time first.
I'll have to try that. I use a Devastator to catch most of the stuff but I can definitely feel a loss in suction after a day or 2.

steve_64

20160503_101655.jpg
20160503_101655.jpg
20160503_103607.jpg

Reactions: Josh

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Vacuum filter need scrubbing with a brush, new foam seal on the lid my 405 is amazing again.

I thought my problem was leaky hose cuffs.

Like Lee said something could be blocking a elbow take a garden hose push it in the recovery tank side towards hose hook up if it's blocked you'll hit something.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
What machine are you using????
Cobb 34hp

I never thought to clean my fliter quite that well. I always just hose it off. There no hose to the waste tank, it's right into the tank, just a small elbow that I pulled off today to check. I was in such a hurry today I didn't get to check my hoses. I'll try that tomorrow.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Dump valve close all the way .. sometimes grit will block the blade.

Pop off valve screw loose from vibration? (valve on blower)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Cobb 34hp

I never thought to clean my fliter quite that well. I always just hose it off. There no hose to the waste tank, it's right into the tank, just a small elbow that I pulled off today to check. I was in such a hurry today I didn't get to check my hoses. I'll try that tomorrow.
I hope you're not in such a hurry that you are using your machine like that. Probably not picking up a lot of water with a blockage in the hose.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Vacuum filter need scrubbing with a brush, new foam seal on the lid my 405 is amazing again.

I thought my problem was leaky hose cuffs.

Like Lee said something could be blocking a elbow take a garden hose push it in the recovery tank side towards hose hook up if it's blocked you'll hit something.
Never...NEVER...scrub yor filter....run water from inside out at pressure...

Reactions: A.J.

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
Make sure the dump valve is closed all the way. Open the dump valve and make sure nothing is in the track that will keep it from closing all the way.

steve_64

Well I sure appreciate all the advice.

Got to use my new machine all week and am loving it. Still working out some issues with hoses and tools and stuff but definitely like this machine and van.

How come nobody told me to upgrade sooner?!!!

:dejection::hopeless:

I really should listen to you guys more lol.

Name
Nate W.
Well I sure appreciate all the advice.

Got to use my new machine all week and am loving it. Still working out some issues with hoses and tools and stuff but definitely like this machine and van.

How come nobody told me to upgrade sooner?!!!

:dejection::hopeless:

I really should listen to you guys more lol.

Please tell me your not using the Bane wand and 150psi to clean with your new-to-you setup............? :lol:

steve_64

Nah not yet but I need new jets for this prochem 4 jet s bend. I put the valve I got from olsen on it though. I also put that valve on my bane wand with a high pressure line so I can use it and might try it soon. Im getting to much streaking with the other wand.

I do need new tools now but money is tight. In the middle of a bathroom remodel too. Then windows.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Streaking is a common problem with multi-jet wands. Pressure is too high or jets are too close to carpet. Sometimes, you will find that on low pile carpet it is fine but on deep pile carpet it streaks. Sometimes you can adjust how you hold the wand to avoid it. Higher, less streaking, lower, more streaking, try to find the balance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom