Why dont poeple just talk subject out rather than letting

On Wednesday Marty called and ordered a Judson C4 and accessories. I confirmed this by directly asking Marty again are you sure you don't want to buy one from Dwayne or TCS because they're closer to him.

Marty said he was sure he was buying a Judson C4 and also said he was pretty sure his Vortex was sold but I hate to see you order those parts in case it isn't sold.

I said I don't care if the Vortex doesn't sell right away even if it takes longer as long as you’re going to buy a unit I’m going to be ready so I am going to go ahead and order the parts any way so I can get you back up and working right away.

I even spent an extra $450 to expedite the freight. I had no problem doing this because as I felt the sale of a C4 to Marty would be a very important visible sale for my company.
Then on Thursday Marty called me to change the size of the electric reel so I made the arrangements to do this.

On Friday Marty called me and told me that the money from the sale of the Vortex was being transferred into his bank account and it looked like the deal was done for sure. At this point I canceled my attendance at Connections in Clearwater to deal with the install planned for early the next week. My dad and brother were going to handle the booth at Connections without me. During that phone call with Marty on Friday I said I'll be ready for you as soon as the parts come in the first part of the week and you should be leaving here with your C4 installed on Wednesday.

On Sunday night I got a PM from Marty saying the sale of the Vortex had fallen through and that he was sorry that I had ordered the parts. The parts were the propane tank, the electric reel, the Little Giant heater and the fresh water tank.

Then a week later I see on the board Scott Moody commenting that he saw on the Saturday a week before at Customer Appreciation Days at TSC one the most popular famous members of the board getting a truckmount installed. This post was only up for one hour then he edited the post and changed it. I saw the post myself before it was edited.

So to recap the events
Wednesday ordered
Thursday changed the reel
Friday confirmed that the money was being transferred for the sale of the Vortex into Marty’s account
Saturday Marty is seen at TSC getting a truckmount installed
Sunday I get my PM from Marty saying the Vortex sale never when through

I have since confirmed from another person that it was Marty getting a TCS installed that Saturday.

My word is my bond. At Judson our word is our bond and that’s the way we have done business since 1967. When a person who is well known on this board who I have also had several business transactions with over the last year and I respected makes an agreement with me I had no reason to doubt him. So, you folks can make your own judgments however I’ve already made mine.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
How about this analogy...?

I get a call on Monday...School Board needs 100,000 sq. ft. cleaned over the weekend...

I call a "friend" in the biz to split the job....Clean as much as you want @.25 sf....
My friend says ...Sure...

He clears his schedule...and tells all of his employees to cancel their weekend plans....

I get a call from the school board on...Wednsday...job is a GO...
On Thursday...I get a call from a "local cleaner"...He says he will clean for me @15 sq ft...

So...on Friday...I call my "friend"...I tell him the job is postponed "indefinitely"...
My friend ...says..."No problem"..."Thanks for thinking about me in the first place..."

Then a week later...My friend finds out that I did the job..."That weekend"...to make more.."$".
DOES MY..friend"..HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE PISSED..... :evil:

Ps ...Hell...YES...he does... :!:

I ..."LIED"...To him... :!: He had changed his business & personal schedule...to HELP me out..
"Just because, He did NOT have a WRITTEN CONTRACT from ME..." He gets ScReWeD.. :(
I don't think SO... :roll:

I would like to say to everyone that I was really not that concerned about Marty buying another unit even if I had already ordered the parts. I’ve already sold the parts now anyway.

I cannot blame anybody for shopping the market and getting the best price they can. Marty exercised his freedom of choice, and that is what living in America is all about. If Marty had just said to me, “Hey, Les, I think I’m just going to get me a TCS; they’re closer to me, and I’ve owned their units before”, at least I wouldn’t have been expecting to do the install and rescheduling for it.

To tell you the truth, this whole deal was water over the dam with me and I didn’t give it much more thought until Marty rubbed it in my face by calling his unit the C-4 killer in a post. What really got me upset about the whole deal is that the unit he bought cut my deal by $4,000. As I said before, I can’t blame anybody for not getting the best deal they can.

What I would like to do is get in on that getting the best deal you can action. If carpet cleaners are looking for a lower-priced unit and that is where the market is, I will build a unit that is less expensive to manufacture. Instead of using stainless, I will use aluminum which will cut several thousand off the price of the unit to start with. I will use a less expensive blower than the 408 blower we use on the C-4. I will also use a less expensive engine than we use on the C-4, because, like I said, I would like to be in the playing field on all aspects of the truckmount industry.

So the next time anyone is really in the market for a truckmount and price is a major deciding factor for you, I would like to ask you to give me an opportunity to quote you on a system. The name of this new Judson unit is The Equalizer.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks LEs, I'm sorry if I pissed you off. I am one of those price people. So I'll take a quote on one to. Hell, I'm not the one using it, so why would i want the employees to have a an expensive machine? Your a great guy Les.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Nope, I was in Daytona beach, Florida visiting my grandfather in the hospital. I had planned on going though. couldnt make it

A

amazingcleansc

At the end of the day, as much as it sucks for Les, it is Marty's money he is spending. I think he went with the unit he went with because the manufacturer wasnt 3 states away. For that same reason, if I bought a new Truckmount (fat chance), I would buy a Judson, because the guy that makes it lives an hour down the road, and he doesn't mind picking up the phone.

Marty is a nice guy, and like most nice guys, he probably didn't have it in him to be like, dude, this ain't happening. It would be like asking Steve Poulos whether or not a Boxxer 427 is a piece of shit.

In summary, Marty, you aren't a turd. Les, you also aren't a turd. It sucks that it didn't work out between the two of you. Marty, I'm glad you sold your Vortex. Les, thanks for answering that question about my little giant the other day.

Mikey P

Administrator
"Hey Les, you know I use a ton of your juice and I think the world of you even if you do look like you just fell off the turnip truck, so I want ask you a huge favor, I want to get a TCS machine but their asking more than I can afford so would you mind sending me a quote for a complete set up that I can hand over to them and ask them to beat it out of fear of losing a sale to the great Martin Sutley, Internet King of the World? Thanks bud and send me two more cases of O2 while you at it.

oh and don't tell Duane I'm ******* him on this deal OK? thanks dude."..

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
"Hey Les, you know I use a ton of your juice and I think the world of you even if you do look like you just fell off the turnip truck, so I want ask you a huge favor, I want to get a TCS machine but their asking more than I can afford so would you mind sending me a quote for a complete set up that I can hand over to them and ask them to beat it out of fear of losing a sale to the great Martin Sutley, Internet King of the World? Thanks bud and send me two more cases of O2 while you at it.

oh and don't tell Duane I'm ******* him on this deal OK? thanks dude."..

:shock:

I'd be willing to bet my left nut thats not what happened. Well, actually no nuts will be bet, BUT...

If someone handed me a $1000 quote and said beat it and the job is mine, I'm pretty sure that i won't hit them at 650. It would be a little closer to 947.58.

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
I'm saying thats what SHOULD have happened as far as Les is concerned.

Instead it was a bunch of lies.

If you wash up a car and write up paperwork (minus signatures) without a customer there based on someone TELLING YOU they are going to buy something, in the car business that's called a "mind deal". And if you do that every time, you're stupid, because you could be spending time with people that are in the store buying cars.

Its kind of like everyone who doesn't like what they hear on the phone when you take a call says that "let me talk to my wife" horseshit.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
But, Les must have considered marty a friend, good collegue so he just figured he was going to buy from him............. why papers? I don't have my granny sign a paper when i clean her carpet.

A

amazingcleansc

joeynbgky said:
But, Les must have considered marty a friend, good collegue so he just figured he was going to buy from him............. why papers? I don't have my granny sign a paper when i clean her carpet.

do you charge your granny????!!! thats cold.

A

amazingcleansc

joeynbgky said:
I sure do! she makes me blackberry pie, thats all i request.

Granny's house=Free food every single time, whether you want it or not!

A

amazingcleansc

To me, he is a nice guy. But also he seems like a nice guy. Clear as mud?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
amazingcleansc said:
Marty is a nice guy, and like most nice guys, he probably didn't have it in him to be like, dude, this ain't happening.

I'm having a little trouble with your logic.
Not having the balls to say "dude, this ain't happening", you chalk up, to him just being a nice guy about it?

If look back (search) everyone who has sold Marty something .......wishes they hadnt....thats the bottom line.

But I do see Les point with a verbal (trust me Im gonna buy it) over the phone and I see Martys with no deposit......bottom line, no matter who it is get some money.

Scott Rogers

Like I said, people only hear what they want to hear.

Les heard done deal, whether it was actually said or not.

When people make deals in the neighborhood of 20K, I dont care if your my brother. Your signing a contract and giving me a deposit.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Awe geeze ... I am sorry. I forgot my place in the MB universe. Where I went wrong was in forgetting that it's all about Les, Mikey's friend of the week. Contracts, quotes and general business procedures be damned. Getting my unit for $4000 les and from a mfg. two states away has nothing to do with my decision. All I wanted to do, in the view of Mikey's world was screw Les. How silly of me.

I also called Butler, Jon-Don, Saphire and Prochem shopping prices and talking options. I was an inch away from doing business with Jon-Don. So don't miss your opportunity to jump on the band wagon Island Boy!

But hey, those folks aren't in the loop, so I'm safe I guess.

Carry on lemmings ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom