Why dont poeple just talk subject out rather than letting

Gary Taylor

I also called Butler, Jon-Don, Saphire and Prochem shopping prices and talking options. I was an inch away from doing business with Jon-Don. So don't miss your opportunity to jump on the band wagon Island Boy!

Hey Marty, Jon-don, Butler, Prochem and Sapphire all said your unit is ready. Come get it.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Leslie Judson Jones said:
On Wednesday Marty called and ordered a Judson C4 and accessories. I confirmed this by directly asking Marty again are you sure you don't want to buy one from Dwayne or TCS because they're closer to him.

Marty said he was sure he was buying a Judson C4 and also said he was pretty sure his Vortex was sold but I hate to see you order those parts in case it isn't sold.

I said I don't care if the Vortex doesn't sell right away even if it takes longer as long as you’re going to buy a unit I’m going to be ready so I am going to go ahead and order the parts any way so I can get you back up and working right away.

I even spent an extra $450 to expedite the freight. I had no problem doing this because as I felt the sale of a C4 to Marty would be a very important visible sale for my company.
Then on Thursday Marty called me to change the size of the electric reel so I made the arrangements to do this.

On Friday Marty called me and told me that the money from the sale of the Vortex was being transferred into his bank account and it looked like the deal was done for sure. At this point I canceled my attendance at Connections in Clearwater to deal with the install planned for early the next week. My dad and brother were going to handle the booth at Connections without me. During that phone call with Marty on Friday I said I'll be ready for you as soon as the parts come in the first part of the week and you should be leaving here with your C4 installed on Wednesday.

On Sunday night I got a PM from Marty saying the sale of the Vortex had fallen through and that he was sorry that I had ordered the parts. The parts were the propane tank, the electric reel, the Little Giant heater and the fresh water tank.

Then a week later I see on the board Scott Moody commenting that he saw on the Saturday a week before at Customer Appreciation Days at TSC one the most popular famous members of the board getting a truckmount installed. This post was only up for one hour then he edited the post and changed it. I saw the post myself before it was edited.

So to recap the events
Wednesday ordered
Thursday changed the reel
Friday confirmed that the money was being transferred for the sale of the Vortex into Marty’s account
Saturday Marty is seen at TSC getting a truckmount installed
Sunday I get my PM from Marty saying the Vortex sale never when through

I have since confirmed from another person that it was Marty getting a TCS installed that Saturday.

My word is my bond. At Judson our word is our bond and that’s the way we have done business since 1967. When a person who is well known on this board who I have also had several business transactions with over the last year and I respected makes an agreement with me I had no reason to doubt him. So, you folks can make your own judgments however I’ve already made mine.

Hey Petunia Pig,
Les has at least offered a detailed account of the situation as far as he understood it. You on the other hand have explained nothing. Nothing but your usual bad one liners, and insults. If you are interested in making your case, why not at least explain your version of the events in detail, regarding what was said, as Les has, and maybe everyone will be able to understand where this deal went wrong. Does it not bother you that there is a "untrue" and "inaccurate" description of the events posted here? Wouldn't you want to correct it? If there was ever a time to step up to the plate and defend yourself, it's when someone quotes you by name, and it's not the truth.

Maybe if you would explain yourself better regarding this situation, we would all realize what a stand up guy you really are. :roll:

F

FB7777

again the lesson learned here is always get a non refundable deposit... even if its only $500 it shows intent

its just good business and its what separates the humans from the swine :mrgreen:

hogjowl

Idiot™
goomes said:
Leslie Judson Jones said:
On Wednesday Marty called and ordered a Judson C4 and accessories. I confirmed this by directly asking Marty again are you sure you don't want to buy one from Dwayne or TCS because they're closer to him.

Marty said he was sure he was buying a Judson C4 and also said he was pretty sure his Vortex was sold but I hate to see you order those parts in case it isn't sold.

I said I don't care if the Vortex doesn't sell right away even if it takes longer as long as you’re going to buy a unit I’m going to be ready so I am going to go ahead and order the parts any way so I can get you back up and working right away.

I even spent an extra $450 to expedite the freight. I had no problem doing this because as I felt the sale of a C4 to Marty would be a very important visible sale for my company.
Then on Thursday Marty called me to change the size of the electric reel so I made the arrangements to do this.

On Friday Marty called me and told me that the money from the sale of the Vortex was being transferred into his bank account and it looked like the deal was done for sure. At this point I canceled my attendance at Connections in Clearwater to deal with the install planned for early the next week. My dad and brother were going to handle the booth at Connections without me. During that phone call with Marty on Friday I said I'll be ready for you as soon as the parts come in the first part of the week and you should be leaving here with your C4 installed on Wednesday.

On Sunday night I got a PM from Marty saying the sale of the Vortex had fallen through and that he was sorry that I had ordered the parts. The parts were the propane tank, the electric reel, the Little Giant heater and the fresh water tank.

Then a week later I see on the board Scott Moody commenting that he saw on the Saturday a week before at Customer Appreciation Days at TSC one the most popular famous members of the board getting a truckmount installed. This post was only up for one hour then he edited the post and changed it. I saw the post myself before it was edited.

So to recap the events
Wednesday ordered
Thursday changed the reel
Friday confirmed that the money was being transferred for the sale of the Vortex into Marty’s account
Saturday Marty is seen at TSC getting a truckmount installed
Sunday I get my PM from Marty saying the Vortex sale never when through

I have since confirmed from another person that it was Marty getting a TCS installed that Saturday.

My word is my bond. At Judson our word is our bond and that’s the way we have done business since 1967. When a person who is well known on this board who I have also had several business transactions with over the last year and I respected makes an agreement with me I had no reason to doubt him. So, you folks can make your own judgments however I’ve already made mine.

Hey Petunia Pig,
Les has at least offered a detailed account of the situation as far as he understood it. You on the other hand have explained nothing. Nothing but your usual bad one liners, and insults. If you are interested in making your case, why not at least explain your version of the events in detail, regarding what was said, as Les has, and maybe everyone will be able to understand where this deal went wrong. Does it not bother you that there is a "untrue" and "inaccurate" description of the events posted here? Wouldn't you want to correct it? If there was ever a time to step up to the plate and defend yourself, it's when someone quotes you by name, and it's not the truth.

Maybe if you would explain yourself better regarding this situation, we would all realize what a stand up guy you really are. :roll:

Go back and look on the first page of this thread. I gave a clean account of what ACTUALLY took place. Wasn't NEARLY as long as Les' selective and inventive memory produced, but it's true, none the less.

The fact is, Les just got his butt hurt because I didn't buy from him.

PS To date, I have spent $2,195.54 with Judson Vacuum Systems. I have been doing business with Les for about a year and a half. My lifetime value as a customer WOULD have been about $29,274, if I have another 20 years in me.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"COMING SOON"...... :shock:

JugHeaD .....interveiws.....MertY..... :!:

1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw6LhKCYUCQ1]

At tHeaTers....NeaR YOU.... :mrgreen:

Name
Lee Stockwell
"PS To date, I have spent $2,195.54 with Judson Vacuum Systems. I have been doing business with Les for about a year and a half. My lifetime value as a customer WOULD have been about $29,274, if I have another 20 years in me."

Implying future sales based on past sales is what started this.....

Mikey P

Administrator
no Lee, what started this was Marty lying to Les about wanting a C4, the money that actually was in the bank and then rubbing in his assholeism by calling his tcs unit the Lima Bean Killer over on Clean Fax..

IMO Merty needs to pay Les back or the $490 or so bucks he spent getting the parts there asap and pay Duane back the $500 for finding him a buyer for his Vortex to make this as right as possible.

Bob Foster

long_tailed_weasel.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weasel

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
hogjowl said:
Awe geeze ... I am sorry. I forgot my place in the MB universe. Where I went wrong was in forgetting that it's all about Les, Mikey's friend of the week. Contracts, quotes and general business procedures be damned. Getting my unit for $4000 les and from a mfg. two states away has nothing to do with my decision. All I wanted to do, in the view of Mikey's world was screw Les. How silly of me.

I also called Butler, Jon-Don, Saphire and Prochem shopping prices and talking options. I was an inch away from doing business with Jon-Don. So don't miss your opportunity to jump on the band wagon Island Boy!

But hey, those folks aren't in the loop, so I'm safe I guess.

Carry on lemmings ...
Hey mERty...
yor bran new Genie is sittin' right here waiting on you....
i think you posted once that you thought it was nice...

THAT"S A DONE DEAL....MISTER!

Cameron1

Mikey....with all due respect, you need to stay the hell out of this. Let Les speak for himself, and if he wants to demand this and that then let him do it. You fighting battles for anyone is just plain wrong, unless they are defenseless in their own behalf. I don't think les is defenseless, is he?

And to use this board as a cluster fook against another board member is classless. What is the point?
Other than Drama!

Mikey P

Administrator
hogjowl said:
That IS why you're doing this. Don't forget, before I quit, I was in the back rooms and I know exactly how you operate. The thing that has me really sad about all this is you have apparently convinced Les of something that never played out the way you are presenting it. And, to try and drag Duane into it is really despicable ... even for you.

Carry on Mike. Folks will one day figure you out.

Twist and turn Pork Chop, you told both of us not to mention anything on the Board so Duane would not find out you were going back on his deal.

Are you going to deny that Merty?

I convinced Les.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: blowme

Man but do you become despicable when caught in a lie.

Lots of people are in the back rooms here Mert, why is only you are the one with the problem? You convinced Jimmy that I was behind his emotional break down when really it was your head games that caused him to pop.

or is it your gang of WOC retards that have YOU convinced of that the reason they're all banned or rejected is because of MY issues.
Ricky the retard Fontenot, Josh the lying man of god, James my nose is still stuck up Rob's butt Cooper, Raf L oser, oh what a great social network you have there Mr Moderator. You fit right in.

Stay the hell over there until you can come clean.

rick imby

Name
Rick
BS to you guys who say a deal is not a deal. From College and being taught about the basics of Contract Law there are only two transactions that cannot be Handshake deals.

The purchase of a vehicle or a piece of real estate are only binding with a written contract.

Otherwise a verbal contract between two sober adults is binding.

Were Les to sue miss Piggy and win then miss Piggy would be required to pay in full or to pay for all expenses created by the sale and all Margin Les would have made on the sale.

If Les says that Miss Piggy said she would take it and Les apparently acted on that assumption then there is a good chance that Les would prevail.

So what is the deal Miss Piggy, did Duane sell the Boartex for you? Did you pay him a commission? Or did Duane tell you he would gladly sell your Boartex out of the kindness of his heart because you are such a nice Spineless Ass?

All I have heard is rumors but sounds to me like you are the double bait and switch buyer.

Basic Business Law 101....

I am not a lawyer, I just get to play one Mikey's Board.

******************When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan

San Jose Carpet Cleaning

Spokane Carpet Cleaning

*Columbia Upholstery Cleaning*

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure Steve.

I'll stay out of it.

right after Mart admits that Les was right.

Marty dragged me into this by his own doing.

What is the point?

Merty has been doing his all to convince a few of his moron followers that I am not to be trusted or dealt with.
When in reality it's him who is the rotten turd.
Mert gets mad at me when he is about the only one that can't figure out my practical jokes. I can't tell you how many times he has attempted to kick Lucy's football.

Cameron1

Rick... give me a fricken break. Contract law my a$$. It's hearsay, and not allowed in any court of law.
We need Randy to chime in hear , but good grief Man it, boils down to he said....she said.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
Sure Steve.

I'll stay out of it.

right after Mart admits that Les was right.

Marty dragged me into this by his own doing.

What is the point?

Merty has been doing his all to convince a few of his moron followers that I am not to be trusted or dealt with.
Mert gets mad at me when he is about the only one that can't figure out my practical jokes. I can't tell you how many times he has attempted to kick Lucy's football.

Oh! Fook Marty

A

amazingcleansc

rick imby said:

oh so les can sue marty based on he/said she said? that makes negative sense.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mikey P said:

And THAT my friends is what is REALLY behind all this.

F

FB7777

rick imby said:
BS to you guys who say a deal is not a deal. From College and being taught about the basics of Contract Law there are only two transactions that cannot be Handshake deals.

The purchase of a vehicle or a piece of real estate are only binding with a written contract.

Were Les to sue miss Piggy and win then miss Piggy would be required to pay in full or to pay for all expenses created by the sale and all Margin Les would have made on the sale.

If Les says that Miss Piggy said she would take it and Les apparently acted on that assumption then there is a good chance that Les would prevail.

So what is the deal Miss Piggy, did Duane sell the Boartex for you? Did you pay him a commission? Or did Duane tell you he would gladly sell your Boartex out of the kindness of his heart because you are such a nice Spineless Ass?

All I have heard is rumors but sounds to me like you are the double bait and switch buyer.

******************When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
Ronald Reagan

San Jose Carpet Cleaning

Spokane Carpet Cleaning

I'll have to go dig out my Business Law book from College Rick

I guess I missed the chapter on Handshake contracts

I think this is more of a moral/ ethical issue than a legal one

It still could have been solved with a simple $500 deposit on a nearly $20K piece of equipment

I've spent over $200K with Butler and they still require me to put down $500 before they do a build out if I want specific options

Southern handshake agreements sound peachy, and for the most part they probably are quite solid when you are dealing with 2 Southern gentlemen

Scott Rogers

Maybe we should all start suing politicians for going back on their campaign promises. After all those are verbal contracts right.

Elect me I will not raise taxes.

I will End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

I will Allow imported prescription drugs
"Allow Americans to buy their medicines from other developed countries if the drugs are safe and prices are lower outside the U.S

I will Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
To reduce bills rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them, Obama "will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.

I will make Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials "No political appointees in an Obama-Biden administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration

I will Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit :shock:

And "I can make a firm pledge No family making less than $250,000 will see "any form of tax increase." :roll:

Let the lawsuits begin

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
As a business manager/owner for 30 years and being alive almost 51 I have come to learn that in most cases disputes are because the 2 parties involved had a different interpretaion of what the other said, meant or implied. This runs the gammut from internal employee disputes to customer and personal ones. Rarely is anything black & white, and also rarely do I believe, intent was to wrong.

Ken

rick imby

Name
Rick
fred boyle said:
[quote="rick imby":2s51lpt2]BS to you guys who say a deal is not a deal. From College and being taught about the basics of Contract Law there are only two transactions that cannot be Handshake deals.

Ronald Reagan

San Jose Carpet Cleaning

Spokane Carpet Cleaning

I'll have to go dig out my Business Law book from College Rick

I guess I missed the chapter on Handshake contracts

I think this is more of a moral/ ethical issue than a legal one

It still could have been solved with a simple $500 deposit on a nearly $20K piece of equipment

I've spent over $200K with Butler and they still require me to put down $500 before they do a build out if I want specific options

Southern handshake agreements sound peachy, and for the most part they probably are quite solid when you are dealing with 2 Southern gentlemen[/quote:2s51lpt2]

Your purchase of a Butler includes a vehicle, Therefore requires a written contract. If the agreement can be verified and I do not doubt that anyone who has read this thread believes Miss Piggy committed to the C4.

It is the same as if you clean a carpet without a written contract. You can sue and win easily. You took action based on the agreement that was obviously made.

At an auction if you raise your hand to buy you are legally bound to purchase. They can sue you---no written contract.

If I were Les would I sue him? You bet your ass I want some Bacon from Miss Piggies wallet....

On a side note I had a customer lay away a $700 bicycle. They put $50 down on it and a year later I still had the bike in the warehouse. They wanted their $50 back and were being just like miss Piggy--an ass--. I told them I held the bike for a year and had called them twice and they told me they would be in to pick it up shortly each time.

They said they were going to sue me for the $50. I said --bring it on. You will lose and you will have to pay the margin I would have made and my legal fees. The bike was worth about $100 less because it was now a year old model.

UCC law is very simple. A Verbal contract is binding in most cases. You have to be able to verify that an agreement was made. The action Les took and the other actions Miss Piggy has made would probably sway the judge.

Rick

F

FB7777

On a side note I had a customer lay away a $700 bicycle. They put $50 down on it and a year later I still had the bike in the warehouse. They wanted their $50 back and were being just like miss Piggy--an ass--. I told them I held the bike for a year and had called them twice and they told me they would be in to pick it up shortly each time.

They said they were going to sue me for the $50. I said --bring it on. You will lose and you will have to pay the margin I would have made and my legal fees. The bike was worth about $100 less because it was now a year old model.

That side note helps my point Rick, the $50 was a down payment to reserve the bicycle and is more than simply a verbal intent to purchase.

Of course you were entitled to retain the $50 and if you had a written deadline such as 30-60 days , you could have released the bike for sale without risking further depreciation of the bike

I am not defending Marty, shoot if he left this board tomorrow I wouldn't miss a single IDGAS useless boaring post of his

But there is a lesson in this non-transaction for all manufacturers and distributors to gain moving forward

get it in writing and never do business with merty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom