Woman consumer advises Mikey Boarders..

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Stalker, er, I mean New Member!

a handful of real riders and an arm full of helmet-less posers.

4 of us are gonna hook up with an another Gang from Seattle and ride to Vegas (via Virginia lakes) in September for the Industry Trade show.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
a handful of real riders and an arm full of helmet-less posers.

4 of us are gonna hook up with an another Gang from Seattle and ride to Vegas (via Virginia lakes) in September for the Industry Trade show.

Robert called me a poser yesterday ... :cry: just cause I didn't feel like riding to work. :roll:

Riding to Vegas? Choo loco mang. I fly there next weekend! shiteatinggrin

Mikey P

Administrator

You know Val, it seems like just yesterday when you first started posting on SBR. It's been fun watching you turn into a real rider with her own bike,.

I'm so proud of you!!!

Hello Everyone!

I am completely new to SBR. I just moved out to Berkeley last Tuesday and I don't know anyone in the area who rides, so if I could get a few connection referrals from some of the other members here it would be much appreciated!

First of all, I only ride as a passenger. - Which unfortunately also means that if no one is willing to take me, I don't get to ride.

Secondly, I don't want to piss off anybody's girlfriend/wife by asking to ride along with their guy. - So single referrals only please.

Last, but certainly not least, I am looking to ride with the Fast Boys. I know many riders frown on high speeds and crossing double yellows, but for others, that's where the thrill is. In my case, the faster, the better...(but safety, of course is crucial). So please, do NOT recommend anyone who has a recent crash history, or notoriously freaks out other riders because they have no pre-defined safety limits! And yes, I do abide by the ATGATT standard dress code for safe riding.

Now, here's a little bit of info on myself and my riding skills... not much to report as I am only a passenger, but nevertheless... In Sacramento, I rode with some of the fastest members in the SCR group. I've only been on the track once, 2-up with Cory Call at Reno Fernley. (so much fun!) Before that I lived in Denver, CO - where I met my former boyfriend Terra(2006) -who gave me my first taste for passion on 2 wheels. His skills and speed led him to win the MRA 2007 Novice GTU championship and Rookie of the Year. -Now, that may sound like bragging, and obviously, I was not on the back for his races, but I admired his skills and quick-thinking agility whether on the track or the street and look for the same qualities in others I ride with.

I have been riding fast and hard 2-up for over 4 years now. I have been down before and know the risks of the sport. But to me, and many of you fellow riders there is nothing more perfect in the whole world than the thrills of riding and the passion of 2 wheels.

Well, thats pretty much my story... I want to thank all of you members who are still reading this post and willing to keep a lookout for someone I could ride with... I don't know who the fast guys are on this forum. So - please pass this message along to those who you think might be able to help, so they can decide for themselves. Any help would be very much appreciated. Take care, & many happy trails to all of you!

Sincerely,
-- Val

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

I had an 06 gsxr 1000 none of those parts would do me any good. And I was just busting ur nads a lil bit wanting to know if you've rode on a closed track before. Its fun, and hell no I wouldn't be caught dead trying to knee scrape on the roads here. There aren't any curvy roads in ohio to do it on, and if you did you'd find one there would be a cop waiting to pull you over for it.

But I can see why you like riding street with the scenery and nice routes to ride on.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
You know Val, it seems like just yesterday when you first started posting on SBR. It's been fun watching you turn into a real rider with her own bike,.

I'm so proud of you!!!

Oh man ... now WHO'S pickin' on WHO????

<sigh> what can I say --- I like 'em hard and fast. tee hee

Is this the gal from BARF that Marci was talking about? :roll: ChristOnnaCross - no wonder folks jumped all over that shit.

You been out on your BRP lately? Had dinner with Haas tonight - he's taking out his shiny "new" bike out to Hollister tomorrow. I need to get back on my dirt bike too ...

And quit fuckin' with me! FWIW - for those who don't know me ... I did NOT write that post!!!! grrr

Mikey P

Administrator

lmao... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just got the BRP back today. The VL ride took it's toll.

So what kind of vacuum do you own Val?

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:

Am I gonna get laughed at if I ain't got a designer vacuum??? It's a Bissell. It works.

Oh man ... now you added a picture!

Ryan

Val6968 said:
Mikey P said:

Am I gonna get laughed at if I ain't got a designer vacuum??? It's a Bissell. It works.

Oh man ... now you added a picture!

Actually bissels are considered great vacuums around here (they just don't last long) ... which model ya got?

You needa get into the rubber room..... :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator

I didn't put up that Avatar, my 2nd in command, hot for Asian women did.

Do you want me to tell his wife that he's stalking you?

Mikey P

Administrator

I got an idea..

It's not often ( :lol: ) that we get a woman on the board who knows next to nothing about our profession.

Would you mind if you we ask you some questions about what your pre conceived notions are about the trade, it's service providers, the franchises/big boys (Stanley Steamer, Coit, Chem Dry and method misconceptions are Val?

Mikey P

Administrator

Val is is a good sport so I'll assume she play along.

First questions..

-How much of your home is carpeted?

-How old is your carpet(or carpets if some rooms are different ages)

-Are you pleased with how your carpet has worn?

-Can you easily spot clean your carpet with store bought products?

-How often do you vacuum?

-How many people and pets live in the home?

-Do you know what type of carpet/fiber you own?

-Are you aware if you carpet came with a warranty?

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
And I was just busting ur nads a lil bit wanting to know if you've rode on a closed track before. Its fun ...

I don't have nads to bust (or were you bustin' on Mikeys? !gotcha!) but track days are extremely fun and addicting. Haven't gotten to my knees yet ... so to speak - but that's not my main objective when doing a track day - I like working on being consistent on the proper lines. This was from Buttonwillow last February. Need to work on my body positioning and opening up my throttle. I did sooo pass this dude though! :D

attachment.php

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
But I can see why you like riding street with the scenery and nice routes to ride on.

We have some great roads out here. I'm becoming comfortable on riding my sportbike at a gentle pace just so I can enjoy the scenery! I'll keep the speed for the track ... safer that way too.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
I didn't put up that Avatar, my 2nd in command, hot for Asian women did.

Do you want me to tell his wife that he's stalking you?

seriously?! :shock:

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
I got an idea..

It's not often ( :lol: ) that we get a woman on the board who knows next to nothing about our profession.

Would you mind if you we ask you some questions about what your pre conceived notions are about the trade, it's service providers, the franchises/big boys (Stanley Steamer, Coit, Chem Dry and method misconceptions are Val?

Don't mind at all ...

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
Val is is a good sport so I'll assume she play along.

Anything for you Mikey ...

First questions..

How much of your home is carpeted?
The entire house except foyer, kitchen and two baths - so, family room, living room, dining and four bedrooms.

How old is your carpet(or carpets if some rooms are different ages)
I have no bloody idea (have only been here four years) but all carpet throughout the house is the same.

Are you please with how your carpet has worn?
Uh, yeah ... works for me.

Can you easily spot clean your carpet with store bough products?
For the most part, yes.

How often do you vacuum?
I very rarely vacuum ... but the kids vacuum each Saturday shiteatinggrin.

How many people and pets live in the home?
Four humans, four animals ... plus you know I take in strays and you know I've told you I need you here!!!! (soon)

Do you know what type of carpet/fiber you own?
Fiber??

-Are you aware if you carpet came with a warranty?
Warranty?

Mikey P

Administrator

Ok, from the sound of it you are the epitome of the working mother/ home owner carpet owner.

I'm gonna guess that your are what we affectionately refer to as an "event cleaner" around here. Meaning you only get the carpet cleaned when a special person is coming to visit, a kid will be celebrating a graduation or birth day,the toilet over flows or Chompers takes such a hug dump that you might as well find a coupon and get the whole house done.

so..

-Can you remember the name of the company who last cleaned your carpet and have you used them more than once?

-Do you recall what method they used?

-How much did they charge?

-How long did it take to dry?

-Did some of the spots/stains reappeared or did the carpet dry looking of feeling not quite right?

-Do you recollect if there was an attempt to sell you other services such as a deeper cleaning method, a Teflon/Scotchgard type product or upholstery or air duct cleaning?

-Were you happy with the results and would you call them back had you not befriended yours truly?

-Do you know who your neighbors use to clean your carpet and how many cleaning company names can you think of?

Thanks Val!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

How the hell did I miss this thread? Was it in some kind of secret room you are keeping me from??
Mikey??

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

did i hear my name?

I gots one.......
does the carpet match the drapes....or is it a

hardwood floor?

welcome Val...these guys are jus a bunch a pussies........
come to the Rubber Room....
where you can REALLY let it hang out.....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

God I hope she doesn't have hard wood below

I do like me some mop and glow though. :wink:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

Hardwood...........................LOL.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................That means she's a dude, right? LOL.

Mikey P

Administrator

will you drooling morons shut up and leave her alone long enough to answer my Q's please.

I'm going somewhere with this.

Val6968 said:
What's the Rubber Room??

I've been here two years and I don't even know what the hell it is. I always thought it was a made up place, but I guess it exists somewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom