Woman consumer advises Mikey Boarders..

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Re: Stalker, er, I mean New Member!

Val6968 said:
What's the Rubber Room??
I WILL jus say that we has one other lady in the RR....
an' she hangs quite well......

you gotta ask to be let in cuz.....
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Spiritual rather than religious - raised catholic but I've got issues with organized religion dogma.

As for your questions ... Never had professional rug muncher - yet.

Mikey P

Administrator

you mean you're a virgin?

damn.

you must be the last one in California..

so..

Pretend you don't know me.

When it comes time that you actually have to pull the plug and get them cleaned how would you go about finding a cleaner?

Would you look for a recognizable name brand company (for accountability reasons) or a one man show?

What age/race/sex person would you prefer?

Is a uniform important to you? What a about a well marked vehicle?

Do you know anything about the various methods offered?

How much do you think it will cost to have all the carpets in your home cleaned?

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
you mean you're a virgin?

damn.

you must be the last one in California..

so..

Pretend you don't know me.

When it comes time that you actually have to pull the plug and get them cleaned how would you go about finding a cleaner?
- Lots of research online first - Angie's List; Yelp - see what the 411 is on local companies - something I would do for anything I need. For example, I need my windows tinted on my truck - I've been doing research online to find a reputable shop around here. Haven't narrowed it down yet, still gotta do some more sleuthin' - would do the same if I had to find a professional carpet cleaning company.

Would you look for a recognizable name brand company (for accountability reasons) or a one man show?
- Not necessarily; Del Monte Glass is fairly well-known around here but, I'd go to Tommys Glass first. Oh, wait - that's cause it's Robert's shop and I know him.

What age/race/sex person would you prefer?
Young strapping but legal men are nice - oh, wait, you mean for rug munching ... oh, well so was I! !gotcha! For rug cleaning depending on the reviews, age/ethnicity/gender wouldn't matter.

Is a uniform important to you? What a about a well marked vehicle?
- Yum; love mens in uniforms. Well, it does present a good first impression, no?

Do you know anything about the various methods offered?
Absolutely nothing, but I have a feeling if I hang out here more often, I may learn a thing or two.

How much do you think it will cost to have all the carpets in your home cleaned?
No clue.

Now ... where are you going with this?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Our clients/customers are mainly women. We've never really had the opportunity to ask those questions to an "outsider"(someone not in our industry) on the forum. I'm only going to guess, but I bet Mike was trying to show(no offense to you Val) that most people do not know how to select a cleaner or what to expect. They also don't know what they're purchasing when they purchase carpet, and even know what flooring/textile is in their home.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Our clients/customers are mainly women. We've never really had the opportunity to ask those questions to an "outsider"(someone not in our industry) on the forum. I'm only going to guess, but I bet Mike was trying to show(no offense to you Val) that most people do not know how to select a cleaner or what to expect. They also don't know what they're purchasing when they purchase carpet, and even know what flooring/textile is in their home.

Aahhh. Makes sense. No offense taken - I will be the first to admit I have no clue about rugs, carpet or cleaning of said items.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

Val6968 said:
- Lots of research online first - Angie's List; Yelp - see what the 411 is on local companies - something I would do for anything I need.

Then finally call Stanley Steemer because of their cute commercials.

Mikey P

Administrator

Ok, Lets do a little project..

Using the mentioned Angie's List and Yelp, please do some research and let us know what you come up with. Val lives in the next county over from me so my Yelp dominance should not show up....I think.. Also ask who you would normally consider a reliable source for referring a cleaning service.

- Yum; love mens in uniforms. Well, it does present a good first impression, no?

-What would you consider a proper uniform for a man who will be getting on his knees at time to munch your rug..
White dress shirt and Dockers? Blue coveralls? Embroidered polo and blue jeans? Would sewn on patches on his sleeve declaring his education on various cleaning subjects impress you? Would a neck or bow tie make an impression?

-Would a "green" or all natural method being offered sound more appealing?

-How long do you think it takes carpet to dry after cleaning?

-Do you believe it's possible to have all the carpet in your home cleaned well for under $100?

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Art Kelley said:
Then finally call Stanley Steemer because of their cute commercials.

Fail.

Can't stand those effin' commercials.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
Ok, Lets do a little project..

Using the mentioned Angie's List and Yelp, please do some research and let us know what you come up with. Val lives in the next county over from me so my Yelp dominance should not show up....I think.. Also ask who you would normally consider a reliable source for referring a cleaning service.

<sigh> okay - you will so owe me a tart for this!

What would you consider a proper uniform for a man who will be getting on his knees at time to munch your rug..
White dress shirt and Dockers? Blue coveralls? Embroidered polo and blue jeans? Would sewn on patches on his sleeve declaring his education on various cleaning subjects impress you? Would a neck or bow tie make an impression?

If wearing a uniform, so long as it was clean and unkempt and looked like he belong to a reputable company I suppose would work.

Would a "green" or all natural method being offered sound more appealing?

Ordinarily I would say yes - simply because I'm appalled at whats going on in the gulf and what effects that will have on the environment but I suppose effectiveness is a factor too - and perhaps going green nay not provide the best results. So it would depend.

How long do you think it takes carpet to dry after cleaning?

No idea.

Do you believe it's possible to have all the carpet in your home cleaned well for under $100?[/quote]

I have no concept of cost, as I hadn't done any research on carpet cleaning.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Brian R said:
Wow...those answers put it into perspective.

Puts what into perspective, Brian? That yep, I have no clue about this industry and WTF am I doing here? :?

... just peeing on Mikey's leg! :)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Now that we cleaners assume that our prospective clients know what to expect from a professional cleaning company.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Val6968 said:
Brian R said:
Wow...those answers put it into perspective.

Puts what into perspective, Brian? That yep, I have no clue about this industry and WTF am I doing here? :?

... just peeing on Mikey's leg! :)

No, it's a good sneek peek into the minds of our customers. Nothing wrong at all with what you said...especially the peeing on Mikey's leg part.
Thanks for the insight.

Mikey P

Administrator

Not only a free tart but a free cleaning from Pinnacle Carpet Care.. :lol:

I have an off the wall question for you.

If the cleaning "technician" spent 2 hours dry vacuuming each room in your home BEFORE getting started with the wet process would your Spidey senses tingle? :shock:

_When you Google up carpet cleaning websites in your area do any of them appeal to you? What is the most confidence inspiring feature on the site in question?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

NO VAL...
you are a Mikeyboard "Crash Test Dummy"........

AND it's a GREAT IDEA......
where else ta get raw info on the dynamics of our target audience...than the horses mouf itsef...

no offense..........................................

ps..
i let you in the RR!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Mikey P said:
Not only a free tart but a free cleaning from Pinnacle Carpet Care.. :lol:

I have an off the wall question for you.

If the cleaning "technician" spent 2 hours dry vacuuming each room in your home BEFORE getting started with the wet process would your Spidey senses tingle? :shock:

_When you Google up carpet cleaning websites in your area do any of them appeal to you? What is the most confidence inspiring feature on the site in question?

What would make you choose a certain cleaner?
That's a good one.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:

When you Google up carpet cleaning websites in your area do any of them appeal to you? What is the most confidence inspiring feature on the site in question?

You're really gonna make me work for that tart, huh?

Doing a quick-and-dirty google on "carpet cleaning Monterey" pulls up more carpet cleaners than I would have imagined in the area - the top name that came up was "Manuel and Sons." Haven't clicked on it - honestly don't feel like doing research this morning so I'll get back to you on my review of their (and others) websites.

Two hours spent before the wet process should make someone's senses tingle! Ahem, but as far as vacuuming goes ... uh, I would think - damn, either those kids haven't done a good job or something was up and at that point I'd ask the reason for taking so long in each room - especially if paying by the hour.

How long should dry vacuuming take?

bob vawter said:
than the horses mouf itsef...

no offense..........................................

ps..
i let you in the RR!

None taken ... I've been called a "nag" before. lol

Where IS this RR???

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Brian R said:
What would make you choose a certain cleaner?

I suppose a culmination of items - good reviews, affordability being top two.

DeleteUser

Name
SickOfVegun

Mikey P said:
When you Google up carpet cleaning websites in your area do any of them appeal to you? What is the most confidence inspiring feature on the site in question?

Okay, had a little free time this afternoon to do more Googling ... my results:

Note: In no way am I saying any of these service providers are good, or bad - this is just MY REACTION to their websites. So that being said, if any of the owners of these companies are on this board, I mean no ill-will ... just feedback on what worked for me or what didn't work for me.

So, Googling “carpet cleaners” and the top two websites that popped up: stanleysteemer.com and then Searsclean.com - meh, who wants to click on those?

Local business results for carpet cleaners near Monterey, CA 93940:

Business: Simply Clean Care Inc
?Website: http://www.simplycleancare.com/
- What worked for me: Nice simple website; tabs to relevant information; front page not overloaded with text, pictures, animations, etc; explanation of cleaning services; link to iicrc certification; like the tips under dryer vents
- What didn’t work for me: Nice website – it worked.

Business: Barry's Carpet Services Inc
- What worked for me: nice simple website; front page not cluttered; pictures show consistency among employees (uniforms, same faces showing up); like the links to the iicrc certification (provides info on what that certification really means to us layfolk);
- What didn’t work for me: I didn’t like testimonials page – having to click for each testimonial is a PITA; also, under SERVICES, it would be nice if I could click on an item and have an explanation of what type of cleaning is done – for example, Area & Oriental (hey, I resemble that remark! shiteatinggrin <-- see squinty eyes? ) … how are those items cleaned? I don’t need a dissertation on methods, but maybe a quick overview on how my precious rugs will be cared for would be nice.

Business: Service Master Pro Cleaning Services?
- Interesting – a franchise. So, the front website is the main page and you have to enter your location to find a franchise close to you – after that, other than the location of the franchise, each webpage is similar. What comes to my mind is, “Okay, it’s a franchise – could be reputable and consistency in their service.” but I also thought – “Hmm, no individuality, could be a front for shoddy franchises.”

I’m split on this one – just because unless I dig further (i.e. Yelp, or Angie’s list), I can’t get a good “feel” for the individual franchises because of their uniformity.

- What worked for me: as far as the website goes, nice delineation between services – residential, commercial and disaster cleaning; I like how you can request more info and there are tips provided
- What didn’t work for me: lack of autonomy between franchises … but I guess that’s what goes with being a franchise

Business: Wasson's Cleaning & Restoration?
Website: http://www.wassons.net/ or http://www.wassonscarpetcleaning.com/
- What worked for me: nothing; too cluttered
- What didn’t work for me: not crazy about the opening splash page – why are those boxes floating and I have to work to click on the one I want??? Front page – cluttered – takes too long to find what info I’m looking for.

Business: Belmont Carpet Care?
- What worked for me: clean, uncluttered site; tabbed information – concise and to the point (i.e. no wordy) – I like the simple pictures on How It Works; the tips under Going Green and the Consumer’s Guide To Carpet Cleaning is really helpful.
- What didn’t work for me: It all worked – if I were to choose a carpet cleaning company based solely on their website, it would be these folks – after of course, doing some calling too cause that’s a factor – if someone is answering their phones that doesn’t have the information that I’m looking for or at least courteous customer service (because I feel that even if you don’t know anything, being courteous goes a long way IMO) then that is a factor too.

So, there's my review of a few websites ... but it's like reviews of anything - take it with a grain of salt: EVERYONE'S different and everyone's PERSPECTIVES are different. I don't give a shit if people think MY favorite movies are crappy silly movies -- I LIKE 'EM and that's what matters to me. So, I hope I didn't offend anyone, or put anyone to sleep.

And Rug Muncher owes me a tart for sure!

HI,
VAL

you very cool on that bike .

Do you know the Kung Fu Hillbilly ?

e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuigcXvcy1Ae]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom