you guys who run your machine on high.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I keep seeing all these treads about guys buying medium sized machines then run them on high speed to get the performance of other machines.

Why not buy a better machine with less restriction (less bends, curves, 90 degree angles in the airflow) then run it at a medium or low speed and get the same performance?

Why not spend the same or less money and get a better machine if that is the performance you want?

Just wondering
Please help us dumb guys out.

Last edited:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I prefer a single speed machine.

Uhhuh HIGH only.

:rockon:
sorry chavez, my machine has options. i'll use them to get the best result at the lowest wear (engine), cost (gas) , and performance to match the job I'm doing.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I hope there isn't any butler envy going on here.
haah, you spelled Pro1200SE wrong,
envy.
I don't care about butler, the sales man lied to me. and only after i talked to another person did i find out what the deal was. I rather deal with reputable companies, and distributors, and did i mention local distributors, i hate traveling anyways, let alone having to travel to their site, stay over night, and drive the van back. i have their sales catalog, used it to compare against the pro1200se when i was making my decision.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Oddly enough HIGH works for all scenarios! :winky:
did you even read my post? i have options and can leverage the low medium high settings to match the performance i need. saving fuel and wear on the van in alot of cases.

So running it on high with 1 upholstery tool 100ft or less of hose on silk works for you?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
So running it on high with 1 upholstery tool 100ft or less of hose on silk works for you?
:redface:

umm yes I understand. Adjust as you personally feel comfortable.

But to be truthful I do like it max heat, max vacuum for almost all circumstances. However in the case of upholstery I'd reduce the vacuum at the tool. I probably wouldn't use my TM on silk at all. Maybe just clean by hand with a sea sponge or mitt. But I get your point. :winky:

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
just trying to show a point, 1 single speed is not necessarily perfect for all situations.

And my machine has a HIGH setting incase i need or want to use it.

Last edited:

rick imby

Name
Rick
I keep seeing all these treads about guys buying medium sized machines then run them on high speed to get the performance of other machines.

Why not buy a better machine with less restriction (less bends, curves, 90 degree angles in the airflow) then run it at a medium or low speed and get the same performance?

Why not spend the same or less money and get a better machine if that is the performance you want?

Just wondering
Please help us dumb guys out.

I guess I am the dumb one---This post says get a better machine but spend less? I think most guys try to get the best machine for the money they have...

Better machine means different things to different people I guess.

Best machine to me is the one I pedal regularly...

Reactions: TimM
Name
Nate W.
This thread reminds me of Daniel C. who got an Prochem Everest and would run it on low...... Medium was too much power and high speed, forget it.....

The guys here are happy for you Scottie... But I hope your as vocal when the honey moon period is over.... Going from an entry level machine (Rage) to the Pro1200 is a bigger jump... A lot of the bigger TM users are saying "Welcome to the real world"... I personally consider a 59blower machine a big (true dual wand) machine...

If I got a PTO the Pro1200 would probably be the one I'd choose...

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I guess I am the dumb one---This post says get a better machine but spend less? I think most guys try to get the best machine for the money they have...

Better machine means different things to different people I guess.

Best machine to me is the one I pedal regularly...

please note that most of the antagonizing people here run butlers and they are trying to compare it to the pro1200se which IS less money than the butler systems.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
This thread reminds me of Daniel C. who got an Prochem Everest and would run it on low...... Medium was too much power and high speed, forget it.....

The guys here are happy for you Scottie... But I hope your as vocal when the honey moon period is over.... Going from an entry level machine (Rage) to the Pro1200 is a bigger jump... A lot of the bigger TM users are saying "Welcome to the real world"... I personally consider a 59blower machine a big (true dual wand) machine...

If I got a PTO the Pro1200 would probably be the one I'd choose...

Thanks for not attacking everything i say like the rest of these guys.

We dual wanded with the pro1200se at pembertons, and i can honestly say on high it easily dual wands and still with far more suction than my rage, but that was at 100ft each. going to do a 150ft and a 200ft test hopefully this weekend.
on high and at 1 wand and the machine on high, just sucks the extra air threw the relief valve, it wants to breath, and it puts out some serious heat on high.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I don't care about butler, the sales man lied to me. and only after i talked to another person did i find out what the deal was. I rather deal with reputable companies, and distributors, and did i mention local distributors, i hate traveling anyways, let alone having to travel to their site, stay over night, and drive the van back. i have their sales catalog, used it to compare against the pro1200se when i was making my decision.

When I was deciding between a Butler and a Pro1200 back in 1987, I asked the Butler salesman why they didn't offer a #5 blower like White Magic, only a #4. He said the larger blower doesn't work in a direct drive machine and something about the exhaust plumbing blah blah blah, "you can't push what you can't pull". What ever. After using my two Pro1200s for over 33000 hours combined quite successfully, I can say that salesman was FOS.

Reactions: rick imby

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Aparantly you missed the whole point of the previous post. Why spend the money on a machine that you will run on low, when you can get a machine for considerably less and run it on high? If you need the bigger machine most of the time, then it is understandable. If you need the big machine for 5% of your jobs, and run it on low for 95% of your jobs, then it is not understandable.
It's kinda like wanting to ban guns because of the .0001 percent of the times they are used by crazy people.
That's why there is so many different machines. Everyone has different needs.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Aparantly you missed the whole point of the previous post. Why spend the money on a machine that you will run on low, when you can get a machine for considerably less and run it on high? If you need the bigger machine most of the time, then it is understandable. If you need the big machine for 5% of your jobs, and run it on low for 95% of your jobs, then it is not understandable.
It's kinda like wanting to ban guns because of the .0001 percent of the times they are used by crazy people.

i have approximately 8-10 jobs a month that it would save me considerable time on, that would allow me to add extra jobs, along with being able to customize the cleaning capability to the needs of the job. 8-10 jobs i could save more than 1 hour on, saving me time enough to fit in extra jobs, all the while running a machine that is built heavy enough to handle them. Running a small machine continuously past its recommended work load can easily wear it out. So i went to a bigger machine capable of handling the work load. I also still have the rage and will still run it for the jobs that it excels at.

Reactions: Charlie Lyman

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
i have approximately 8-10 jobs a month that it would save me considerable time on, that would allow me to add extra jobs, along with being able to customize the cleaning capability to the needs of the job. 8-10 jobs i could save more than 1 hour on, saving me time enough to fit in extra jobs, all the while running a machine that is built heavy enough to handle them. Running a small machine continuously past its recommended work load can easily wear it out. So i went to a bigger machine capable of handling the work load. I also still have the rage and will still run it for the jobs that it excels at.
And that is a good reason to have a big machine. And I also understand that you wanted the heat and the CDS so you can be more efficient in the cold months. That is a good reason too.
From the recent posts, not just yours, there seems to be a bunch of people that are running big machines on low.
I could have gone bigger too, but I don't do but 5 commercial jobs a year. I hate commercial. The way homes are built here in Idaho, you can do most homes on 75-125 feet. Occasionally I will pull 150 feet. So I don't need the big machine.

Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
And that is a good reason to have a big machine. And I also understand that you wanted the heat and the CDS so you can be more efficient in the cold months. That is a good reason too.
From the recent posts, not just yours, there seems to be a bunch of people that are running big machines on low.
I could have gone bigger too, but I don't do but 5 commercial jobs a year. I hate commercial. The way homes are built here in Idaho, you can do most homes on 75-125 feet. Occasionally I will pull 150 feet. So I don't need the big machine.
most of my hose runs are 150ft . 200ft is the max recommended on my rage.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, does a larger engine that runs at a lower speed last longer? I didn't see a large cost savings between the machine I bought and one lower in the lineup. I bought the 570 ss because it was water cooled and felt it would last longer.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
@Scott S.
You keep talking about the two 90 degree elbows on the Butlers waste tank,
On your machine you have 4- 45 degree bends going from filter box to waste tank and from waste tank to the blower and a 90's elbow into the blower.
That gives the Butler a total of 180 degrees of bend from the blower to hose connection, and your system a total of 270 degrees of bend from the blower to the hose connection.
Feel free to brag on your machine, you love it and thats great but stop bashing a machine you have never used and know nothing about!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom