you guys who run your machine on high.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
@Scott S.
You keep talking about the two 90 degree elbows on the Butlers waste tank,
On your machine you have 4- 45 degree bends going from filter box to waste tank and from waste tank to the blower and a 90's elbow into the blower.
That gives the Butler a total of 180 degrees of bend from the blower to hose connection, and your system a total of 270 degrees of bend from the blower to the hose connection.
Feel free to brag on your machine, you love it and thats great but stop bashing a machine you have never used and know nothing about!!

actually if you did your home work you would see there is no 45 degree bends from the prefilter to the wast tank, it is a rubber hose, from the prefilter straight up to the tank. the is a total of 4 ft of hose before air gets to the blower, how many feet is it in your buttler?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Guy can't we all just get along ??

do I have to make a video of my trucks to show you what real power looks like on "low".

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
actually if you did your home work you would see there is no 45 degree bends from the prefilter to the wast tank, it is a rubber hose, from the prefilter straight up to the tank. the is a total of 4 ft of hose before air gets to the blower, how many feet is it in your buttler?
zero feet for my butler, I hook straight to the waste tank.:rockon:
I did my homework I watched your vid of your machine. It my not have a 45 degree fitting but the air flow changes direction by 45 degrees at each junction its basic 6th grade geometry. Your air flow changes a total of 270 degrees, you can deny it all you want but that is a fact.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
zero feet for my butler, I hook straight to the waste tank.:rockon:
I did my homework I watched your vid of your machine. It my not have a 45 degree fitting but the air flow changes direction by 45 degrees at each junction its basic 6th grade geometry. Your air flow changes a total of 270 degrees, you can deny it all you want but that is a fact.
"it may not" but you were just so sure it did. get over the envy, and face it your being a DICK! and you guys wonder why no one wants to play with you. butler, 90 into tank, 180 in the tank( because the airflow bends back up to the lid), back up to that other 90 degree to go then 45 degrees as it goes into blower so 405 degrees total, sapphire pro1200 has, 35 degrees into the tank from the prefilter. 90 in the tank,90 degrees threw the blower filter and 90 into the blower. thats 305 degrees . i congratulate you for trying though , but you still failed the test the first time.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Art what speed do you run that big blower on?

HIGH? :very_drunk:
In all seriousness, once I started using the 360i I realized I could turn my pro1200 way down and get the same results. So most of the time I run it at 1100 rpms and 11" of lift. My fuel consumption goes way down. When I encounter a really trashed job I cram a stick on my gas pedal and turn it up to 1700rpms, which pushes the heat to 230 and the lift to 16" ( and the fuel consumption to 2.3 gal/hr.)

rick imby

Name
Rick
You gotta reverse direction to lose the water from the air. If you believe 42.375 degrees difference is big then I guess it is for you. But you are asking the wrong question. The question really is who makes the most money from their trucks with the least hassle.

I am certain that goes to Hagopian. They buy their Butlers right, Run em until they are well broken in, and sell them for a princely price. I believe they have the lowest hassle, breakdown, TM buy sell system out there. And they get to run new or nearly new gear all the time.

Could you do that with your 1200? I'm not sure.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
In all seriousness, once I started using the 360i I realized I could turn my pro1200 way down and get the same results. So most of the time I run it at 1100 rpms and 11" of lift. My fuel consumption goes way down. When I encounter a really trashed job I cram a stick on my gas pedal and turn it up to 1700rpms, which pushes the heat to 230 and the lift to 16" ( and the fuel consumption to 2.3 gal/hr.)
Best post yet on this thread, love it. Not because your talking about the pro but because i imagine you actually putting a stick on the pedal. Priceless. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: rick imby

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Art,
Where are you measuring LIFT at ??
I thought the MAX lift for that machine was 13" hg.
If you only have 11" hg at the machine, that is too low for good recovery.
I do agree that 2.3 gal./hr is a lot of fuel expense . . .

When we tested a 35HP/#47 Blower TM at 16" vs. 13" hg. at the truck . . .
16" pulled 21% more CFM thru the wand while actually making extraction stokes.

Testing Info:
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=63&products_id=5319

Name
Marcus
If you are talking about pto's only then get the bigger blower and run it on low to medium if your heat will hold
If you are talking about air cooled engines: these are made to run full throttle
In fact they do better if they are run full throttle
That's the way they are designed
Cap

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom