You're done already?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I pride myself on being extremely effecient, and hate when I hear it!!

It was a 175 foot run.

Set up takes about 3 minutes, pack up is like 2..

So we cleaned an apartment this morning 1br,dr (10×10) and lr(maybe 500sq ft all together) took us about 35 minutes. It was pretty clean carpet no spotters needed..

She called the office (my wife) and said "they were only here for 25mins". My wife said ok, is there a problem with the job they did(we go back for ANYTHING )? She said "no the carpet looks great, but they were only here for 25 minutes". .

I hate that!

How long does it take for you guys to do 500sq ft. with a helper?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We finished an 6 area w urine extraction in large home with 3 couches in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Job cost was over 800$. I was expecting the home owner to say something about how quickly it was done, it looked great. I did have 4 guys out there. Also, there was barley any staining on the carpet, couches were clean already. Home owner said nothing, expect great job.

Then you get to an apartment living/dining/hall 1 bed room with med-heavy traffic and stains for $160 and it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.

My explanation, "We clean X amount of houses a week and have been doing this for X many years." Makes them understand we just didn't come off the street and clean their home as the first home cleaned ever.

Sometimes when I know we can get something done quickly, I'll explain to the home owner at beginning of cleaning how long it should take. If they say wow that is quick, I'll say your house isn't as bad as most and that's why the cleaning price is lower than someone with higher traffic, stains, etc.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
When George and I were both on the truck we had a routine down, a harmony. People were often surprised at how fast we were but always happy with the job.
We tell them that we've been working together so long that we are very efficient and try to respect there time as they have things to do.
Never got any complaints.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Last job today (apartment complex been there for 5 years ) I walk in an the maintenance guy(he waddles when he walks) says "Hey "easy money" is here".. He has called me "easy money" for a while and I just smile and brush it off.. Though today he had most of the employees and management around, Soooo:icon_twisted: I say "Easy money"? How about you come clean for me for a day,and see how "easy" it is.. All the staff loved the proposition!

Rough crowd today!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Most people appreciate the speedy work and are glad to resume their day. However you're going to get those that calculate how much it cost them and how long you were there.

What can you do? You really can't slow down. If the are serious you can say it may seem like a short time but it takes a lot prep work to process that efficiently. You can also remind them of the investment you have in professional equipment that allows you to be so productive.

Keith it is easy money. Look at what you make in a day. :winky:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I guarantee I have the absolute best "we will be there service ":rockon: Though ShaneT is all and all the best cleaner in my area..

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i had a doctor utter that i made more per hour than HE did....
and HE had to go to school for EIGHT years........

ya...how 'bout that!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I called out a plumber for a clogged drain line last week. Two guys showed up - very friendly. They said hello, determined where the problem was, then placed a ladder against the house, climbed up on the roof, and in less than 15 minutes had the line snaked out. Altogether with set up and break down and a lot of friendly chit-chat they spent about 30 minutes at my house. The charge was $99. I thought to myself, they made pretty good money for the time spent! I also recalled that I had spent longer trying to snake the line myself - without success. Yet I recognized that these guys were professionals, did a good job, and were worth their money. I think most customers would probably come to the same realization about the service you offer. If they don't appreciate that, they're not being realistic. Your truckmount, training, knowledge, professionalism, understanding of stains, etc places you in a realm far beyond the time and money they'd have wasted doing an inferior job renting a Rug Doctor. They've gotta be able to recognize that.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I called out a plumber for a clogged drain line last week. Two guys showed up - very friendly. They said hello, determined where the problem was, then placed a ladder against the house, climbed up on the roof, and in less than 15 minutes had the line snaked out. Altogether with set up and break down and a lot of friendly chit-chat they spent about 30 minutes at my house. The charge was $99. I thought to myself, they made pretty good money for the time spent! I also recalled that I had spent longer trying to snake the line myself - without success. Yet I recognized that these guys were professionals, did a good job, and were worth their money. I think most customers would probably come to the same realization about the service you offer. If they don't appreciate that, they're not being realistic. Your truckmount, training, knowledge, professionalism, understanding of stains, etc places you in a realm far beyond the time and money they'd have wasted doing an inferior job renting a Rug Doctor. They've gotta be able to recognize that.
Seems too cheap to me.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
For all you people who don't know business as a owner/operator...Chit Chatting = $$$...Ya the work must be good, but having the ability to talk improves your sales and future well being...I made a living out of bull shitting...Some people even call it a racket...LOL

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Being in my amaze the heck out of them stage right now, I'm slower then ever.
I thought it would be taking me a lot longer with George not being on the truck with me, however it isn't. Apparently I was already doing most of it anyway!
Also, having the new equipment and truck running better I think it has really helped with my efficiency!
I got my Seal A Door which I will be setting up for the first time tomorrow, although I will likely do a practice run later today on my door, so it may add a few minutes to my set up lol. But I can't wait to see the look on the customers face when they see it and realize they don't have to worry about cold air getting in!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was exceptionally slow back before Brady started working with me. In fact, I really didn't realize just how slow I had become in my old age. He has done much more than the to be expected doubling of my production rate. His youth and vigor has me feeling pushed. In fact, I have had to ask him to go outside and let me get ahead with the vacuuming, on occasion. I bet George has slowed down due to the cancer treatments and it happened gradually and you may not have realized it as it happened. Your younger, female (hyperactive) body will be able to fly now.

Unless you start talking ...

Mikey P

Administrator
See what I mean..

Screenshot_2016-01-16-15-24-42.png

Back
Top Bottom