You're done already?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think its been said that it is More important that the customer likes/trust you more then the quality of the work.

Go too fast and you may have forgotten the "Fore Play and Kiss Good By"-- both very important in a good relationship.

"Fore Play" is---Before you start cleaning get to know the customers desires and concerns--- show her you care.
"Kiss Good By" is---- have her check quality of the work before you pack up and address any areas she would like "kissed' some more. Then thank them for their business.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I was exceptionally slow back before Brady started working with me. In fact, I really didn't realize just how slow I had become in my old age. He has done much more than the to be expected doubling of my production rate. His youth and vigor has me feeling pushed. In fact, I have had to ask him to go outside and let me get ahead with the vacuuming, on occasion. I bet George has slowed down due to the cancer treatments and it happened gradually and you may not have realized it as it happened. Your younger, female (hyperactive) body will be able to fly now.

Unless you start talking ...
Lol!!! I do not like talking while I work.....I get it all out before I start...:shifty:
But yes, I think you are right, as his cancer treatments progressed I think he did start slowing down. I also noticed that he was missing certain things and getting kind of sloppy. I had to take over the helm more and more without making him feel like I was being bossy lol. Also, I didn't want him to feel less than because he is a hard working man and to not be able to function at his fullest is kind of disheartening for him. But he is finally accepting that he can't work anymore. And I have to try to make sure he doesn't feel bad for not being able to help me. :errf:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
You're a very good person Kellie. Despite the personality flaw of not liking Country Music. :winky:
Lol!!! Hey, I like Dwight Yoakum. That's gotta count for something right?! But it's really my love of Rob Zombie that does the trick. Oh, and the immense love and adoration I have for George.....:redface::)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino

Did you have your crutches that day? JK!!

I pulled a muscle and had a hard time moving one morning. It was difficult to operate thew vacuum cleaner so it took a long time to pre-vac. At the end of the job, the lady says," Ive never had anyone spend so much time vacuuming. Wow, you are so thorough." Im thinking great .. next time Ill have to move slow. Which worked out cause the next time I had a new guy and he was slow. I was damn near done setting up and having most areas cleaned by the time he finished the last area of vacuuming.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino

Most people would appreciate the extrta time assuming theyre gonna get the best job vs the guy who flies. I did have a few seem frustrated or concerned with how long I was cleaning or was gonna take to clean. Some dont want you there all day. They want the best job done in as little time possible.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think you did it in very good time. It is quite similar to the mosaic floor I posted before. Good going, Mike.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
All cleaning is a matter of degree...

The questions become:

"How good does it have to be to satisfy the average homeowner in my target market?"

"Can I be adequately profitable by delivering this level of cleaning to my average homeowner in my target market?"

The answers to these questions will help dictate things like price, equipment used, 2 techs or solo, process...

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Vacuuming for hours blowing contaminates back into a sealed winter environment makes no sense. Especially in a pet filled house. Totally unhealthy and then there is the issue of having your truck run during that time because it's ZERO degrees out is STUPID.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Running your vacuum over "Pet Accidents" or other hidden contaminated areas and then using that same vac in another house is criminal. Spewing viruses and other filth thru out a home just so one can say they prevacuumed because they offer a "Premium service" is pure folly. You have a 45-59 blower vacuum on your truckmount............hello? It removes all of those contaminates out to the truck and away from people. Ever not clean your waste tank? And get in the next day and the smell? Well you are sucking up that same filth in your vacuum.

Prevacuuming is for those porty users who provide substandard cleaning because they can't suck up much anyway. : )

Reactions: Able 1

Mikey P

Administrator
Vacuuming for hours blowing contaminates back into a sealed winter environment makes no sense. Especially in a pet filled house. Totally unhealthy and then there is the issue of having your truck run during that time because it's ZERO degrees out is STUPID.
Neither of these scenarios exists in my case.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Running your vacuum over "Pet Accidents" or other hidden contaminated areas and then using that same vac in another house is criminal. Spewing viruses and other filth thru out a home just so one can say they prevacuumed because they offer a "Premium service" is pure folly. You have a 45-59 blower vacuum on your truckmount............hello? It removes all of those contaminates out to the truck and away from people. Ever not clean your waste tank? And get in the next day and the smell? Well you are sucking up that same filth in your vacuum.

Prevacuuming is for those porty users who provide substandard cleaning because they can't suck up much anyway. : )

Haha - thats funny .. and true !!

I pre vac really well with a commercial Lux. I spend good time doing it and I still collect a bunch of crap in the truck. So now its just an illusion that Im doing a better job than the next guy !! Gives me a right to charge more. Now I feel like a hack charging $125 (on average) an hour to pre vac what the machine will do on its own during the cleaning process.

Although I probably average 1 wick back call a year since Ive started pre-vac-ing. Years ago with no pre-vac Id have quite a few wick ups. Or maybe its the lower paying customer type - carelessly walking on carpet causing the wick up (transferring crumbs from hard surface to wet carpet) vs higher paying who are most likely going to take extra care before immediate use.

I thought of carrying 2 vacs - 1 for pet homes and one for no pet. I never pre-vac urine contaminated carpet unless it was minimal and I didnt know it was there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom