Youtube Marketing

Spots2Stop

O.K. Everyone I am about to share a powerful marketing tip that only will cost you time.

Let me start off by sharing my business history so you can better understand the power of Youtube. We started our business in Traverse City MI. and shortly after relocated to Rogers Arkansas in a attempt to get into a warmer climate and to work for walmart executives.

After struggling with yellow page ads that did not make the phone ring and competing with over 100 carpet cleaners in the area (an unbelievably over saturated area of carpet cleaners) I discovered youtube and began making video testimonials and video promo's. At the time I was able to get my videos to the top of google search using the keywords I targeted. This worked well but was not the bread and butter of our business.

Shortly after we signed up with Piranha Marketing and that is when we really started to see an excellent return in my Youtube work. As a member we were able to work with other carpet cleaners commenting and rating on each others video's. After just a few months we completely dominated google in our area.

Example: at that time if you were to do a search for Carpet Cleaning Rogers AR we had 9 out of ten natural listings a local listing and a ppc ad. We showed up 11 times on the first page for that term. We had similar results for other cities in our area.

This lasted until we had to move because my wife fell ill to multiple sclerosis. We then moved to the Chicago area so she could get treatment. Since then I have done little on youtube and just recently started working on it again. My results are starting to pay off well. However not being a member of Piranha anymore we are not getting the ratings and comments we use to get. So now I am willing to share my experience in hopes of getting a group involved to help promote each other on youtube.

I invite all of you to have a look at my channel and study the way I word my titles, descriptions and keywords so you can learn how to do this yourself. Naturally I would like subscriptions, friends, comments and ratings as long as they are honest. In return I would be happy to watch your video's comment and rate them as I see fit.

One thing to keep in mind is youtube knows what you watch, comment on and rate. If it is related to your industry they will find you to be more credible and it will help you show up more in searches.

Just for kicks I am curious on how these search terms "carpet cleaning Northwest suburbs" "carpet cleaning Northwest suburbs of Chicago" will show up on google on others computers. Please let me know if you are interested in joining forces.

Thank You, Joe Hill
http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthwestSuburbs

P.S. I have allot more to share on this subject and will in time as I do not want to overwhelm everyone.

Name
Nate W.
You need to make it easy for most of the guys here. They need paragraphs inorder to read it. :lol:

Thanks for the tips. I do like your hose reel on wheels for commerical. Nice setup!

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Joe, Thank you for the tips! I have raw footage and concepts for several more videos but have put them together.

Hey guys, I have met Joe Hill personally and he is genuine. Joe is on the board with nothing to sell or market. Since he rolled into town he has, on his own, created a great website which ranks very high organically for many of the search terms I am after.

Mr. Hill has advised me on SEO, even though we work the same market. No hidden motive here.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I did a search for you in the words you used. You came in first but 2 videos as well on the google search.

I knew the faces were familiar SFS October

Great advice. Thanks

Spots2Stop

Thank you guys I really appreciate it. I hope my tips help you all as I do believe there is plenty of work for all of us out there. I do believe it is better to work with my competitors rather than against them. Doing this has always payed off for me in the long run.

P.S. I do not know it all so please don't be afraid to throw in your 2 cents.

Spots2Stop

O.K. here is a tip for those that have videos they are ready to promote. I have tried the craigslist several times only to get a couple of price checkers. After a while I gave up on that marketing approach.

Well recently I changed my strategy and have tried it again with some luck. This time I was not going for sales but I was looking to increase my traffic to youtube and video views with it.

I know most of the response was from my competition but that is fine as I am just trying to increase my traffic to gain credibility with google and if I get a job or two it is a bonus.

Here is one of the links http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/bfs/1619755810.html

Spots2Stop

Tip for coming up with good content.

It can be difficult to get clients to do this with out putting them on the spot. What I do is give them options before I perform the service, offer to give them a discount if they are willing to honestly let others know how they like my service.

I give them multiple options so they can pick the one they are most comfortable with. 1 a written testimonial, 2 an audio testimonial, 3 a video testimonial.

Make sure you have them give you written permission to use this online or you may get in legal trouble.

You can also recycle past testimonials into a video.

I am guilty of not doing this enough as it is a bit awkward.

Spots2Stop

Chris I am very impressed with your willingness to step up to the plate defending your competition. You will be happy to know that I am directing my marketing to Chicago and will refer you to my overflow calls as I get them this summer.

Brad_Smith

Excellent idea! I have a little content but it is dull. I need to work on getting a lot of raw content and video testimonials. I will join the group once I get some video up.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Hey Joe....
welcome to Mikeys board!
Great bunch of people here...you'll fit right in.......
BTW...nice meeting you...

wanna buy a Butler....?

j/k!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Greg Crowley said:
I did a search for you in the words you used. You came in first but 2 videos as well on the google search.

I knew the faces were familiar SFS October

Great advice. Thanks
Yeah, that rebel Crowley had a great view of Joseph from his seat at the BACK of the room at the Roselle SFS last October!

Seriously, folks, this thread is a very generous gesture and I HOPE some of you are listening. The web offers a great way for you to "level the playing field" against the big players in the industry.

Island Boy
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Our very own Big Billy Yeadon recently posted a link and comments on a great 400 item Web Marketing Check List right here:

http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/308 ... -checklist

Wow, why wasn't this stuff around when I was in business? Oh, that's right- the internet was just a gleam in the eye of Al Gore way back then ...

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for sharing your tips. The videos look great, quick question would be...what did you use to edit them? Are there any free programs we can use to make videos similar to yours? My Vista laptop did not come w/ windows movie maker.

Thanks,

Bill Martins

Spots2Stop

I am glad everyone is getting involved with this it makes me feel great to help others. However I am getting some serious benefits from this as well when you think about it. I am sure those of you that take this as serious as myself will have an excellent return on there time also.

If you have windows vista you should beable to download movie maker for free on microsofts web site. I had to do that when I bought windows 7.

Here is a list of software I use

Audacity to edit audio (free)
You can take out background noise amplify audio and so much more.
I like to speed up audio it makes my wife and I sound better as we do not have good radio style voices and it helps with cartoon voices

Gimp (free)
This program is a very powerfull image manipulation program we use it for web buttons and to layer images and more

Adobe after effects (expensive but we got the free 30 day trial we are buying it)
This is great for split screen, green screen and much more. Need to have great graphics card or you will end up balled pulling your hair out.

Camtasia (around $300 also has a 30 day free trial)
Screen capture and video editing

All of these you can learn how to use on youtube plus there are some cool tricks you can do with them all

Spots2Stop

Will work for Beer LOL

I have thought about it, however I do think I still have allot to learn about production. Plus this requires constant video posting that can get expensive if you outsource so I feel it would be best for everyone to learn how to make their own. Plus I don't want to be another guy trying to squeeze a buck out of members on the board.

Spots2Stop

You may want to keep in mind that how long you retain your viewers will effect your ranking. Another words if viewers only watch part of your video it can damage your rankings. So when watching others or your own if you choose not to watch the whole video it would be courteous of you to turn down the volume and let it play to the end. This is similar to how google ranks website traffic with bounce rates.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Great info Joe. Count me in on one of the group. I only have one video but will look into doing a few more.

Question, is the name of your channel important, should it be a keyword?. I just made mine my name. Also, should you mix in all your videos on the same channel even if they are not related to your business?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_2DY-x4vpw

Albert

Spots2Stop

Albert it is very important to keyword target I chose NorthwestSuburbs because that is were I am however it was not the best choice as I should have used Chicago in my name. As for personal mixed in with business I wouldn't recommend it however I have seen it work (rarely) for others in different industries but I think you have to have the perfect all american leave it to beaver style family. Or be well known and liked in your community. Glad to have you as part of our team. :)

Spots2Stop

Here is a how to video I made for you all. You will need to get gimp (free) or you can use another image editing program and you will need adobe after effects you can get the free 30 day trial. You can do allot in 30 days.
You may want to see this in full screen at http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoPromote

Name
Nate W.
Spots2Stop said:
Here is a how to video I made for you all. You will need to get gimp (free) or you can use another image editing program and you will need adobe after effects you can get the free 30 day trial. You can do allot in 30 days.
You may want to see this in full screen at http://www.youtube.com/user/VideoPromote

Thanks for taking the time to teach us how to do things. Big ups bro.... :D

Spots2Stop

Albert sorry I commented on your video under the wrong user name I will do it again in a day or so I don't want youtube to think i am up to no good.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Joseph,

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for what you have given us so far here. Even though it will probably take me weeks to figure out how to do this for myself even with your assistance it is definately a breath of fresh air for someone to come onto anyboard and give of their "How To" knowledge and not ask for "Payment" in return. You seem to be a very geniune guy and I just wanted to say "THANKS"

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Right on. Looking forward for more to join in. I've seen bunch of cool videos here from bunch of folks.

Just commented and subscribed to both of your videos / channels. Looks like I have to make a carpet cleaning video and put it in a new more meaningful name channel.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom