Zipper chatter

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I'm down to one school that I extract. It's a special needs school with urine and feces doing down weekly. The maintenance guy keeps up with the spots best he can, I flush it out every couple months. Encap would not be suitable for this particular school. Forget residential for this conversation; completely different environment and textile.

A complete system of encapsulation on CGD in an appropriate environment isn't a theoretical conversation. Deep vacuuming, scrubbing it out followed by a regular vacuuming schedule is maintaining millions of sq/ft of CGD to a high level of appearance worldwide. Not educating the client on the importance of doing all 3 all the time is critical. The build up is simple a failure or a breakdown in a simple system. I've seen it time and time again with my customers. Fall behind and the carpet is left behind. I don't know what kind of environment your school accounts are like but if they are like 90% of all others then a less expensive more cost effective encap system could maintain them to a high level of appearance with the custodians keeping the post vacuuming schedule alive. I haven't seen one "custodian" staff yet that knows how to properly operate a vacuum on wide areas to remove dirt, or maintain the equipment. I have several huge churches that do this exact routine because I trained them. They vacuum like it's they're job because they know it's the biggest part of a total system. They have seen me pre-vac and perform the scrubbing process and found they save money hiring me to do that part of it. Your school is prime for this approach.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
does anyone use the zipper on residential carpet. I like the looks of the tool but we don't do enough commercial work to justify one. if it worked well on residential id get one

I use it for both. It takes getting use to and it doesn't fit every where but it is great for getting under beds, it will lay flat for cleaning and fits under some areas a glided Ti Wand will not

it is another tool in the tool box

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Encapsulation is a chemistry, not a system. We misuse the term in referring to low moisture cleaning.

I use both, and when I use HWE is use both together. Low moisture encapsulation as pre-treatment and then HWE to finish. Both are good systems and real technologies. Both work, both extended the life of the carpet.

Grant

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I believe you're using that incorrectly Grant. I believe you should be using Encapsulation after HWE not before. You're rinsing our the chemistry an not allowing to do it's thing. I think your results will be mush better if you rinsed then followed up with encap chemistry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom