Zipper Improvement

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
If the wheels were soft like my old power head rotovac it would easily glide over slider tracks. It could also use a small holder for the fels. maybe some jets facing backward.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

Soft rubber would float better over the metal slides used in so many closets. The wheels on the rotovac are soft and roll right over it. I don't like the loud sound it makes so we turn around in the closet to clean the entrance. Would be simpler with soft rubber wheels and just clean straight in. That's the only reason.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
softer wheels will wear and have other potential problems.

why would erik change proven parts of his units unless there was failure or a good improvement on it?

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I agree with @dealtimeman......Erik has thought of everything. The Zipper needs no improvement in my opinion. It does exactly what it is designed to do, and it does it beautifully. It is extremely easy to maintain, and use. It is extremely well built and perfect in every way.
If anything, he should look into making some sort of attachment that can be snapped onto the tube that can hold two spray bottles perfectly.
But that is a separate component and has nothing to do with "improving" the Zipper itself.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
instead of a spinner, why not a spray bar that moves back and forth like the old rug doctor vibrating brushes. This way the spray hits from 2 directions no matter which way you are pushing or pulling it.

J

JS41035

Every tool can be improved. That's what got Erik to the current zipper model. It's not the perfect tool. But it's the best performing wand on the market when it comes to flushing out carpet. I like the idea of a side to side brush on the front for agitation. The actual reality of that would probably make the head clunky and weird.
The magnet that holds the handle upright is very strong. It would be nice to hit a button and have the handle drop. Putting your foot on the head is a tiny inconvenience.
As far as price. I'm totally fine with it. It is fair. It is built like a 2000 dollar tool should be. I have used the zipper every day that I've worked since buying it. And I'm buying another in Atlanta.

Name
Scott Turknett
Every tool can be improved. That's what got Erik to the current zipper model. It's not the perfect tool. But it's the best performing wand on the market when it comes to flushing out carpet. I like the idea of a side to side brush on the front for agitation. The actual reality of that would probably make the head clunky and weird.
The magnet that holds the handle upright is very strong. It would be nice to hit a button and have the handle drop. Putting your foot on the head is a tiny inconvenience.
As far as price. I'm totally fine with it. It is fair. It is built like a 2000 dollar tool should be. I have used the zipper every day that I've worked since buying it. And I'm buying another in Atlanta.
i bought another at ice!

Last edited:

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I like that strong magnet! I've had tools with knobs and they tended to wear down after a while. My 175 won't stay up when I need it to, and I had the same issue with my RX-20. For me personally, stepping on the head to lower it is no big deal. I saw a video of some guy slinging his Zipper around and he slammed it open rather than putting his foot on the head. I freakin cringed! If anyone did that to my Zipper they'd be gone!
If anything, I wish the Rotovac had a magnet instead of that side switch, it's kind of a pain to get to and you can't adjust it to the right height while actually standing in the position you need to.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
softer wheels will wear and have other potential problems.

why would erik change proven parts of his units unless there was failure or a good improvement on it?

Have to disagree. Had it since 2002 and the wheels have never once given me a problem. They have never gotten clogged with hair or other fibers. They roll easily over all surfaces in silence and especially the metal tracks. The show zero signs of wear verses the zipper wheels which are beat up and constantly clogs with hair. I always Carry in the zipper but always used the wheels to roll in the rotovac.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I sometimes wish the zipper head could be raised and lowered by cable/lever action instead of the magnetic action. Sorta like a brake lever action for a bicycle. This could reduce the need for grooming.?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
If the wheels were soft like my old power head rotovac it would easily glide over slider tracks. It could also use a small holder for the fels. maybe some jets facing backward.
The wheels are made the way that they are so as you are using the tool it can slide right or left for you. On a Rotovac the wheels can be rubber because they are only used when transporting the unit, not while in operation. If the wheels were rubber and you were transporting the Zipper on the wheels instead of using the handle to carry it, people would be rolling it on concrete and if they hit a bump it would slam the head down onto the pavement which would damage the glides. I know you have been a big supporter of the Zipper, and I always appreciate any input regarding updates or improvements. As far the jets go, you would not have a stop or start point if you had a set of jets going backwards. You would also have to cut your flow down in half to accommodate jets spraying towards each vacuum port.

The closest I can come to supporting jets on both vacuum ports will be the spinner. It will be released the beginning of April. Thank you for all of your support!

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Have to disagree. Had it since 2002 and the wheels have never once given me a problem. They have never gotten clogged with hair or other fibers. They roll easily over all surfaces in silence and especially the metal tracks. The show zero signs of wear verses the zipper wheels which are beat up and constantly clogs with hair. I always Carry in the zipper but always used the wheels to roll in the rotovac.

The wheels on the Rotovac are not used while the unit is in operation; therefore, they will not get hair caught in them and can be made out of rubber because there is no need for them to have a side to side sliding action.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The wheels are made the way that they are so as you are using the tool it can slide right or left for you. On a Rotovac the wheels can be rubber because they are only used when transporting the unit, not while in operation. If the wheels were rubber and you were transporting the Zipper on the wheels instead of using the handle to carry it, people would be rolling it on concrete and if they hit a bump it would slam the head down onto the pavement which would damage the glides. I know you have been a big supporter of the Zipper, and I always appreciate any input regarding updates or improvements. As far the jets go, you would not have a stop or start point if you had a set of jets going backwards. You would also have to cut your flow down in half to accommodate jets spraying towards each vacuum port.

The closest I can come to supporting jets on both vacuum ports will be the spinner. It will be released the beginning of April. Thank you for all of your support!

I do slide it side to side. Never gave it much though. I hate the sound it makes going across the metal tracks, guess I'll keep dealing with it. Ok so make a holder for the fels. It can pop right into the spot where the two bolts hold the hose bracket. I could do it myself but I'm to lazy, I mean busy.

Reactions: Erik

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom