Zipper Jr.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The Zipper Jr. will be released April 15, 2010. What do you think? Please give me some feedback! It comes in a 13" & 15", five jets.

n]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4kvOM5gfzEn]

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I want one! I wanna see it in a video in action doing a restaurant. So basically the jr can be used every where, residential and commercial right?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
joeynbgky said:
I want one! I wanna see it in a video in action doing a restaurant. So basically the jr can be used every where, residential and commercial right?

It can be used for residential because, that's why I added an easy wheel adjustment for different heights of pad & carpet. As you can see this is still a prototype. The whole handle adjustment has been changed so it has no welds, easier for production. I should have it Friday and hope to make a video this weekend. I'm doing a few DMV buildings on Saturday and will shoot a video if I have it. Thanks Joey for your feedback.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I dont think he should add a clear view window. It is well built now, that might weaken the sturdyness of it.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
JB said:
work a clear view window into er would ya?

Thanks JB, I wish I could but it's a liability. Many have cracked on the original Zippers. I had an old man years ago that used a 2" id clear smooth rubber hose on the end of his lead line, 1' long. I think they are sold in any hardware store. It was kinda cool, you could use it with your wand or any tool and see everything coming through it. It was great for vacuuming the edges of the stairs and if you get a nice thin walled hose barb (Greenie sells them), you will lose no air flow. On the original Zipper, I tried to use a clear rough perferated hose like on the RX20 and you could feel & hear the diminished air flow.

p.s. It was nice meeting you and Chavez in Nashville.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
lonewolf said:
Got a price yet?

The cost is $2,195, but to all the Mikey Board members, I will give an introductory offer of $1,995. Orders must be place by March 15 to receive this discount. These machines will mostly be custom ordered to jet size, you can run a 4 to a 20 flow. For an extra $100, I can have your company name engraved in the front.

p.s.- The engraving charge will be free with orders placed 5 or more shiteatinggrin

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Erik - Since the height might need to be adjusted several times a day, have you considered using something like this for the height and height-lock adjustments? Awsome product, by the way. I'm a 'form follows function' kind of guy. I think the Jr. is gorgeous - fantastic workmanship and possibly one of the few expensive tools in this industry that's actually worth the asking price.

knob.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks, I have Ross products you need the tool to lock it anyway,so I went away from that concept. The bracket that is being pushed down, is now threaded so you have full control up or down. The knob was loose before, now it won't be.

Thanks again!
BACK TO THE FRONT

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Awesome job Erik, I spoke to you briefly @ MF about the Zipper.

Bill MartinS :D

lonewolf

What would be the situations that you would choose the 15" over the 13" ?
Also, can this b used on hard surfaces? tile and grount

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The 15" is for larger areas. You will be able change the heads in minutes.

No you can't use on hard surfaces, it will damage the glides.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
erik,

how hard is that thing to push/pull compared to a wand.
i would sure like to test one.

gene

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
You are using both arms and body. I can use two fingers and a thumb, on com. carpet. I'll shoot some vidio on Sat.

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
Is the biggest advantage to the zipper the fact that it is less strenuous than a glided wand? Or is there more to it? No added mechanical agitation.
The same cfm will now be distributed over 26" (13" x 2) vac slot as apposed to a 15" or 13" standard wand.
Just wondering.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
richard said:
Is the biggest advantage to the zipper the fact that it is less strenuous than a glided wand? Or is there more to it? No added mechanical agitation.
The same cfm will now be distributed over 26" (13" x 2) vac slot as apposed to a 15" or 13" standard wand.
Just wondering.

There is a lot more to it. The unit cleans just as good forward as it does backwards, no wasted motion. The jets hit perfect all the way across. When you do a dry stroke, it's like drying it twice- increased air flow. (better dry times then a wand) Your back is always straight, less back and shoulder problems. The Zipper Jr. has reversable glides, double the life of the glides.

p.s. Even a chimpanzee can clean like a veteran carpet cleaner.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
I think I will be finding a way to squeeze one of these in with my golf clubs to bring home in September.
Erik, have you used one on a water damage extraction job?
P.S. Brilliant looking quality btw.

-JB-

Name
JB
I had an old man years ago that used a 2" id clear smooth rubber hose on the end of his lead line, 1' long. I think they are sold in any hardware store. It was kinda cool, you could use it with your wand or any tool and see everything coming through it.

howzabout a sight tube up the backside?

yes i know it would need to be easily swapped out.

ron markam

I thought it was pretty nice when I saw it last month.I just wish we could have tried it on cgd since that is the lions share of our work.Erik how does the performance on cgd compare to residential?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Out Of Character said:
Since the jr covers 15" what would be the reason to buy the original?

The original is no longer being manufactured. The 13" & 15" have the same head. The Zipper Elite (15") takes place of the original.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
ron markam said:
I thought it was pretty nice when I saw it last month.I just wish we could have tried it on cgd since that is the lions share of our work.Erik how does the performance on cgd compare to residential?

These units were originally made for cgd, it took us a lot of work to make these units to perform good on residential padded carpet. So, I think that the 15" would be best for your business. As I have stated previously, the heads are interchangeable.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I would like to thank everyone for their input, keep the suggestions and comments coming!!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
erik,

are you going to sell direct , or will dealers be carrying it, south florida specifically.

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom