1 truck O/O..how many jobs per year is your goal?

Name
I'm Rick James
As a O/O how many jobs do you want to do with 1 truck?

For me I want to be around 600 per year is my goal, that is what I am working for. If I do more great, I will cross that bridge and reconfigure my goals when reached.

My service area is over a million people...so I gotta figure out how to get 600 people out of a million to use me in a given year.

I get most of my work from repeat and referrals with my sexy website coming in a close 2nd.

How about you, have you broken down your yearly customer goals into blocks on where they are going to come from? Website, CL, R&R and so on?

Besides "as many as you can get" what is your yearly customer goal?

Name
I'm Rick James
May will be my 3rd year being a 100% O/O.

Hey I beat the odds of staying in business, I think it was 95% fail within the first year, plus my business is debt free.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have 3 trucks but only drive one at a time. Turn 1000+ jobs a year but do allot of rentals. A better question is how much $ Do you Gross and better yet how much do you keep.

West

Name
Clint
I agree with Ace, really who cares how many jobs you do a year. Its about how much profit you have at the end of the year, set financial goals not customer goals. My opinion, good to see you are doing well after 3 years in the business.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
3rd full year
referal s are becoming number 1 source very fast
newspaper
internet
coupon book
yellow pages
a little from here and there

jobs per year?
i am more interrested in job averages for the year
less work and make more has alaways worked for me

Name
I'm Rick James
If you have a yearly financial goal, dont you have a goal of how many customers it will take to achive it? I guess it doesnt matter which way you do it as long as you reach your goals.

I wonder if a lack of goals is whats keeping many businesses down, along with their owners.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
There are many different business models that can be successful. I don’t think having a number of jobs per year goal is a bad idea but comparing it to another company is going to be misleading.

Name
I'm Rick James
ACE said:
There are many different business models that can be successful. I don’t think having a number of jobs per year goal is a bad idea but comparing it to another company is going to be misleading.

I think you need to have goals on all levels of your business financial and client intake among others. I agree you cant compare different businesses because not one business is the same. But i was wonder how deep people go into planning their business.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
If at the end of the year you are averageing $300+ per job, you should be making enough money. Why not do half as many jobs but get twice as much for them?

topnotchman

I dont know how you stay in business Brent with the heavy competition of Ben Surdi in your service area. How can you possibly compete?!?!

Name
I'm Rick James
topnotchman said:
I dont know how you stay in business Brent with the heavy competition of Ben Surdi in your service area. How can you possibly compete?!?!

Its tough..him and his man boobs are really a force in this area. :lol: :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I knk ow you didn't ask multi truckers, but the math still applies no matter how you want to slice and dice things. I have never thought about a target goal of jobas a year but most of our trucks do 30-45 jobs per week.

Becker

Name
Becker
I do 650 plus per year, have done deep into the 700s before.

That is taking ample vacations, 1/2 days most Fridays, few weekends.

I could use a few more jobs, Jan Feb and sometimes march.

You will get there Brent. You work at it much harder than I do.

Soon I'll be seeing your van everywhere... errr vans.

Walt

I like calculating by the day. I know at the end of every day I need to have made a certain amount. Even if I'm ahead three days in a row, if on the fourth day I dont make my goal I get motivated.

Opie Cleaner

I would like 1 job for 150k. It would be nice if it didn't take more than an hour and I also got a tip.

If pressed, I could possibly do 2 jobs like that.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i have a daily gross amount that i book not a job count. i have no idea how many jobs a year i do or for that matter a week.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah but what about commercial accts???

do the ones you do once a mth count as 12 custys???

What about those ones you clean say 3 times a year but make 6000 for the year off them???

thats why $ #s should be a goal and not so much custy #s...

what about all those you do min jobs for???

Name
I'm Rick James
C Pennington said:
We do 40-50 jobs per week per truck....

You must have a two man crew per van at 6.5 jobs per day 7 days a week. Reminds me a lot of Steemer.

Name
Ron lippold
curtis just curious and pm me if you dont want to answer live. but what kind of advertising is working best for you. Do you price over phone, what kinda specials do you run if any. Are you a by the roomer or sq ft pricing. And last how big is your market????????

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I used to do 5 jobs a day for years. (1/2 day on Saturdays)

Now I work less total jobs per day make far more money.

By doing 3 jobs per day max. I now have more time to spend at each job and more opportunities to maximize each job.

THe more the client spends. The more problems I solve for the client. The happier they are.

Used to be I did a lot of 2-3 room jobs. Now it seems every house is a total house cleaning.

Very seldom get a price shopper. (The client chooses me before I even talk to them for the most part.)

2-3 of those a day is fine for me instead of running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off rushing to the next job all day.

There is lots of different ways to make money in this business. I'd rather sell quality instead of quantity or low price.

Name
I'm Rick James
Ive been in the indstry for 13 years now, been a full time business owner for 3 years. My ideas and focus has changed with the more understanding I have of being a business owner.

There was a time I wanted to be the next SS or have a ten truck operation...as my life unfolds my priorities have shift, knowing that I could never do what it takes to be the next SS and honeslty I really dont want to be.

My new phase is going to be a 1-2 truck operation that charges enough to make great money by doing 2-3 jobs a day. On my website I point out that I only do 15-20 jobs a week and its basically first come first service for desired time slots.

Right now I am trying on raising my prices again without losing the customer intake. Like i said 600-700 jobs per year, per truck is cool with me.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I use to not think it would be possible to be beyond 10 trucks (not really but thought Ii would lose my hair), then at 15 thought it was nirvana- though was getting stressed. At 20 something we have hit stride with management team and model, 30 is the next target.

Alexander Supertramp said:
[quote="C Pennington":1qyt08vv]We do 40-50 jobs per week per truck....

You must have a two man crew per van at 6.5 jobs per day 7 days a week. Reminds me a lot of Steemer.[/quote:1qyt08vv]

We are blessed to have some contracts (commercial) that we can clean up to 5-15 jobs in one spot....saves gas too. lol

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Loren Egland said:
If at the end of the year you are averageing $300+ per job, you should be making enough money. Why not do half as many jobs but get twice as much for them?
I totally agree!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom